LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 128 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Purdy has been so much better than Mahomes this year lol

You can make an argument that no qb has consistently played better than Brock. I think from a game to game basis, Brock has been the best. Not saying he's better overall than guys like PM but he's been extremely consistent and played at a high level
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by tankle104:
The more I watch Brock, the more I realize how much we were held back by Jimmy/Lance.

Jimmy/Lance?? lol. Lance never even got going.

How did Nick Mullens get left out? He damn near has 5,000 yards passing here. He didn't hold us back, but Lance did?

why did you cut this part out?

"Obviously Lance barely played but he was clearly not ready."

How do you include Lance and leave out a passer that had almost 5k yards here? That's pretty braindead.

I routinely cut posts off where they get stupid. Jimmy has more than enough snaps here to have his name listed on its own.

Any "Jimmy/Lance" mentions is beyond silly....regardless of what follows.
[ Edited by random49er on Nov 20, 2023 at 8:41 PM ]
Only GARBAGE SYSTEM QB's score 17 in a game and lose. No quality top tier QB would ever do that. Did you watch Monday Night Football? It's not possible to be a quality QB and do that.

The more I watch Brock, the more I realize how much we were held back by Jimmy/Lance.

How did Nick Mullens get left out? He damn near has 5,000 yards passing here. He didn't hold us back, but Lance did?

How do you include Lance and leave out a passer that had almost 5k yards here? That's pretty braindead.

I routinely cut posts off where they get stupid. Jimmy has more than enough snaps here to have his name listed on its own.

Lmao you and your love affair with Lance is comical.

so because mullens had a lot of passing yards, you think he should/could be a franchise QB?

maybe because only two QBs have been brought here in recent history to be our franchise QB. Jimmy was a miss, but at least productive for the most part. Lance was one of the biggest blunder in nfl history - definitely franchise history.

idk if I've ever seen you make a remotely decent post on here. I just see you crying about Lance all the time and trying to twist peoples posts. If you think what I post is dumb, then block me. Lmao PLEASE block me. Jesus Christ. I'm sure you can find a cowboys forum to talk make believe about Lance, even though most cowboy fans think he was a waste of a fourth round pick.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

I routinely cut posts off where they no longer fit my narrative.

FTFY
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Only GARBAGE SYSTEM QB's score 17 in a game and lose. No quality top tier QB would ever do that. Did you watch Monday Night Football? It's not possible to be a quality QB and do that.

It's astonishing how crappy his receivers have been. You know how bad you must be to not be able to have good stats with Mahommes? Lol it wasn't just the rain, they've been bums all year.

seems like the chiefs don't have a run game though, or at least didn't use it much tonight. Which is strange since they had a lead. They used to do a lot of screens and I didnt see many, if any, in the second half.

so because mullens had a lot of passing yards, you think he should/could be a franchise QB?

maybe because only two QBs have been brought here in recent history to be our franchise QB. Jimmy was a miss, but at least productive for the most part. Lance was one of the biggest blunder in nfl history - definitely franchise history.

idk if I've ever seen you make a remotely decent post on here. I just see you crying about Lance all the time and trying to twist peoples posts. If you think what I post is dumb, then block me. Lmao PLEASE block me. Jesus Christ. I'm sure you can find a cowboys forum to talk make believe about Lance, even though most cowboy fans think he was a waste of a fourth round pick.

I don't have a love affair with Lance at all, and I agree with him that you mentioning him holding us back was incredibly silly. Not gonna make a big deal out of it though.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

It's astonishing how crappy his receivers have been. You know how bad you must be to not be able to have good stats with Mahommes? Lol it wasn't just the rain, they've been bums all year.

seems like the chiefs don't have a run game though, or at least didn't use it much tonight. Which is strange since they had a lead. They used to do a lot of screens and I didnt see many, if any, in the second half.

Yeah so like good WR's, TE's, RB's and offensive line play makes a difference for a QB. Who would have thought?

Isaiah Pacheco is really good.
Originally posted by Furlow:

I routinely cut posts off where they no longer fit my narrative.

FTFY

"Lance never played say you can't say anything about him". Lmao the dumbest argument ever.

all I said was the offense was clearly being held back by jimmy and Lance. Lmao which is factually true. Jimmy was jimmy and Lance was so bad in practice the team didn't even want him starting.

it's so strange how some can't admit they were wrong about Lance. I admit I was wrong about jimmy? Lol who gives a f**k. The team is so confident that Lance is garbage that they GAVE him away to a HISTORICAL CONFERENCE RIVAL. Lol you know how bad you must think someone is to do that?

alright, back to Brock. Can't wait for him to ball out and slap the s**t out of Pete Carroll with a Turkey after the game.

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

I don't have a love affair with Lance at all, and I agree with him that you mentioning him holding us back was incredibly silly. Not gonna make a big deal out of it though.

How is it ridiculous? You guys act like I'm trying incite people by saying that? It's just a fact that the team was held back by them. Idk how this is even debatable? What's the excuse, he barely played? When he did he was horrible and he was awful in camp/practice. It's not my fault people get all upset over Lance. I also clearly said that lance barely played.

jimmy held back the offense too. The entire team was held back by the uncertainty/unreliability of those guys. It's a breath of fresh air to have a guy that you don't have all of these ridiculous hopes of if the guy can play at a high level (thay goes for every qb we've had for a long long time. Not just Lance).
[ Edited by tankle104 on Nov 20, 2023 at 9:13 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Isaiah Pacheco is really good.

I missed most of the first half, where they taking advantage of him? I've seen him play before and he seems super shifty and quick. Chiefs have a really good history (last 10 years or so) of finding those super quick/fast guys.

im just surprised their WR core is what it is this year. Did they have injuries or just hamstrung by the salary cap? I know they lost some guys in the off season but they've struggled all year, relative to how they usually look with mahommes.
For some the measurement for an elite qb is to make players around him better. Mahomes didn't make his receivers any better tonight.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
For some the measurement for an elite qb is to make players around him better. Mahomes didn't make his receivers any better tonight.

Not good enough ball placement and bad reads. 17 is LOSER stats. Only LOSER low end QB's put up stats like that. I've been told by the KNOW IT ALL guys on the WZ. You know the guys who know everything about football and are never wrong.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Maybe he did, lol.

Down with useless cliches.
Share 49ersWebzone