LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 161 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
How is it ridiculous? You guys act like I'm trying incite people by saying that? It's just a fact that the team was held back by them. Idk how this is even debatable? What's the excuse, he barely played? When he did he was horrible and he was awful in camp/practice. It's not my fault people get all upset over Lance. I also clearly said that lance barely played.

jimmy held back the offense too. The entire team was held back by the uncertainty/unreliability of those guys. It's a breath of fresh air to have a guy that you don't have all of these ridiculous hopes of if the guy can play at a high level (thay goes for every qb we've had for a long long time. Not just Lance).

I'll just take "Jimmy" over any "Jimmy/Lance" monikers regarding their play.

The reasons are mind-numbingly simple and clear. Keep it moving.
[ Edited by random49er on Nov 20, 2023 at 9:28 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Only GARBAGE SYSTEM QB's score 17 in a game and lose. No quality top tier QB would ever do that. Did you watch Monday Night Football? It's not possible to be a quality QB and do that.

It's astonishing how crappy his receivers have been. You know how bad you must be to not be able to have good stats with Mahommes? Lol it wasn't just the rain, they've been bums all year.

seems like the chiefs don't have a run game though, or at least didn't use it much tonight. Which is strange since they had a lead. They used to do a lot of screens and I didnt see many, if any, in the second half.

Yeah so like good WR's, TE's, RB's and offensive line play makes a difference for a QB. Who would have thought?

It makes difference obviously, unless your Jimmy and then youre still average when you have all that.

sorry if posted.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

sorry if posted.

Oh yeah, Steve casually dropping "vicissitudes" lmao. I'll bet he annoyed some teammates with his intelligence during his career. Dude is too smart.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
For some the measurement for an elite qb is to make players around him better. Mahomes didn't make his receivers any better tonight.

Dont tell shannon sharpe.
For some the measurement for an elite qb is to make players around him better. Mahomes didn't make his receivers any better tonight.

I do think that's a requirement to be considered an elite player but I don't think that's fair to say about mahommes tonight. Kelce dropped easy catches, fumbled on the goal line, WR dropped the game winning touchdown, guy at the end dropped the first down ln 4th & 25. He put them in position to make a play and they failed him, IMO.

wasn't pats best game but I don't fault him for
this. His guys really failed him tonight
[ Edited by tankle104 on Nov 20, 2023 at 9:45 PM ]
Oh yeah, Steve casually dropping "vicissitudes" lmao. I'll bet he annoyed some teammates with his intelligence during his career. Dude is too smart.

He is super smart, well educated but also so funny and seems pretty down to earth. Love Steve🙂
[ Edited by Montana on Nov 20, 2023 at 9:54 PM ]

I do think that's a requirement to be considered an elite player but I don't think that's fair to say about mahommes tonight. Kelce dropped easy catches, fumbled on the goal line, WR dropped the game winning touchdown, guy at the end dropped the first down ln 4th & 25. He put them in position to make a play and they failed him, IMO.

Careful, you'll be labeled a Brock hater and Chiefs fan if you post reasonable things like that.

Careful, you'll be labeled a Brock hater and Chiefs fan if you post reasonable things like that.

Yeah.. Anyone who actually watched that game would say there wasn't much Pat could do to make his guys play any better. He can't force them to catch the ball.

I can't stand KC but even I could see that was an absolutely abominable effort from that crew. I have not seen receivers that bad since Alex's pre Harbaugh years.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 21, 2023 at 6:45 AM ]
lol dude's a generational QB. Let's find a different measuring stick for Brock.

Originally posted by random49er:

It's a bit too early to say for sure if Brock will be a Hall of Famer or not, and to me, those guys are all generational players.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Yeah.. Anyone who actually watched that game would say there wasn't much Pat could do to make his guys play any better. He can't force them to catch the ball.

I can't stand KC but even I could see that was an absolutely abominable effort from that crew. I have seen receivers that bad since Alex's pre Harbaugh years.

Having seen that game, and how close KC came to beating the Eagles with all those dropped passes, turnovers, penalties, and the like, it gives me hope that we can trounce the Eagles.
Originally posted by random49er:

I mean, does Mahomes with multiple MVP's and Super Bowl MVP's have the better career resume than Purdy? Obviously.

But it is also a fact that, 10 games into this season that is 2023, Purdy has objectively been a much better statistical QB than Mahomes. It's not even particularly close, either. Mahomes' passer rating this year is below 94, while Purdy's is above 115.

Mahomes is getting a ton of leeway because of his career resume, and understandably so. But 2023 Purdy has straight-up been a better quarterback than 2023 Mahomes so far, and by a fairly wide margin. A strong argument can be made that 2023 Purdy has been better than ANY other 2023 QB, including Tua.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Nov 20, 2023 at 10:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I mean, does Mahomes with multiple MVP's and Super Bowl MVP's have the better career resume than Purdy? Obviously.

But it is also a fact that, 10 games into this season that is 2023, Purdy has objectively been a much better statistical QB than Mahomes. It's not even particularly close, either. Mahomes' passer rating this year is below 94, while Purdy's is above 115.

Mahomes is getting a ton of leeway because of his career resume, and understandably so. But 2023 Purdy has straight-up been a better quarterback than 2023 Mahomes so far, and by a fairly wide margin. A strong argument can be made that 2023 Purdy has been better than ANY other 2023 QB, including Tua.

I mean just watch the guy play. He's in another zip code. It's not that he's getting favoritism or leeway,...it's that he's shown time and time again that he can really be that good.

Let's continue comparing Purdy him to Josh Allen, Burrow, Jalen Hurts, et. al.

I really don't get the need to find the top QB of this era and square him off 1-on-1 with Purdy. If you accept hearing the truth, you're not gonna like the outcome.
[ Edited by random49er on Nov 20, 2023 at 11:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

What if you swapped Mahomes and Purdy? Do you belive Purdy on this Chiefs team would be operating at a higher level than Mahomes is currently? Mahomes does get a lot of leeway....mostly from the refs/league, because they desperately want him to get Bowls, but the fact of the matter is, he's probably still the best QB in the NFL. I don't think stats at face value changes much. At least, it doesn't to me.

Having said that, I can't expect anything more from Purdy except what Steve Young said in regards to leading his team to victories when defeat seems likely - the down late in game scenarios where he's got to lead a comeback to win.
Share 49ersWebzone