LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 159 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
For some the measurement for an elite qb is to make players around him better. Mahomes didn't make his receivers any better tonight.

I do think that's a requirement to be considered an elite player but I don't think that's fair to say about mahommes tonight. Kelce dropped easy catches, fumbled on the goal line, WR dropped the game winning touchdown, guy at the end dropped the first down ln 4th & 25. He put them in position to make a play and they failed him, IMO.

wasn't pats best game but I don't fault him for
this. His guys really failed him tonight

The chiefs failed in the redzone twice. One of those redzone failures came on a bad throw by Mahomes and it was picked off in the endzone. So two failed drives in the redzone and they lost by 4. Mahomes absolutely deserves a fair share of the blame.
You can certainly compare Mahomes to Purdy since Purdy, in my opinion is the best QB in the league. Mahomes has accomplished a lot in his short career to be allowed to be compared to the best year in and years out. Is he some prolific passer like Purdy? No. He is a very good QB in finding ways to get the hall to his teammates.
[ Edited by Eddie_D on Nov 21, 2023 at 3:09 AM ]
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by random49er:
lol dude's a generational QB. Let's find a different measuring stick for Brock.

It's a bit too early to say for sure if Brock will be a Hall of Famer or not, and to me, those guys are all generational players.

Pats like what, 6 years into his career? And already an all time great. Lol I just think it's cool that Brock is pacing with him stats wise this year, even though it's a down year for pat. Still an impressive accomplishment to be amongst the top in the league in a lot of important statistical categories.

but yeah, I love Brock and the trajectory he is on but he needs to do this for a few years before we can get too crazy with saying he's "better" than the top guys. Consistently is key, to me. It's why I still doubt it hurts is "elite". He's damn good but I question if he can sustain it. Without the tush push all the time, his stats would be very pedestrian - he isn't a great passing qb. Not terrible or anything but not in the same catagory as a lot of the best.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
For some the measurement for an elite qb is to make players around him better. Mahomes didn't make his receivers any better tonight.

I do think that's a requirement to be considered an elite player but I don't think that's fair to say about mahommes tonight. Kelce dropped easy catches, fumbled on the goal line, WR dropped the game winning touchdown, guy at the end dropped the first down ln 4th & 25. He put them in position to make a play and they failed him, IMO.

The chiefs failed in the redzone twice. One of those redzone failures came on a bad throw by Mahomes and it was picked off in the endzone. So two failed drives in the redzone and they lost by 4. Mahomes absolutely deserves a fair share of the blame.

I don't think anyones saying pat doesn't deserve some blame, he def does. I said it earlier, wasn't his best game, but he did more than enough to win and his supporting cast didn't even do the basics of their job (simply catching). Lol it's one thing to drop a pass or two as a team but they just flat out dropped gimme passes. The eagles were catching it in the same weather.

Purfect passer rating. He should take this easily
Originally posted by Eddie_D:
You can certainly compare Mahomes to Purdy since Purdy, in my opinion is the best QB in the league. Mahomes has accomplished a lot in his short career to be allowed to be compared to the best year in and years out. Is he some prolific passer like Purdy? No. He is a very good QB in finding ways to get the hall to his teammates.

So this is a parody account right?
Originally posted by YACBros85:

I don't think anyones saying pat doesn't deserve some blame, he def does. I said it earlier, wasn't his best game, but he did more than enough to win and his supporting cast didn't even do the basics of their job (simply catching). Lol it's one thing to drop a pass or two as a team but they just flat out dropped gimme passes. The eagles were catching it in the same weather.

Sure, you can blame the loss on a couple of desparation throws that should have been caught. But ultimately the two redzone turnovers are what did them in.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

KC just isn't that talented anymore. The salary cap catches everybody. But Mahomes has already had MVP seasons, won 2 Super Bowls so bringing up a down year that will end up likely consisting of a 4500 yard season and 12 wins is laughable. He's still elite even without great talent.

Purdy is playing with the most talent in the league and it's not even close. But he is playing better than Patrick right now and as well as anyone in the league.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 21, 2023 at 7:01 AM ]

Originally posted by tjd808185:
KC just isn't that talented anymore. The salary cap catches everybody. But Mahomes has already had MVP seasons, won 2 Super Bowls so bringing up a down year that will end up likely consisting of a 4500 yard season and 12 wins is laughable. He's still elite even without great talent.

Purdy is playing with the most talent in the league and it's not even close. But he is playing better than Patrick right now and as well as anyone in the league.

i wouldnt say that

Their D is one of the best . They have just whiffed on Wrs
[ Edited by ritz126 on Nov 21, 2023 at 7:09 AM ]
Purdy shouldn't pay attention to all these controversies about him. What he only needs to focus on is to win every game and to work more on his chemistry with his teammates. All the other stuffs are just unnecessary distractions. Our goal is to win the Super Bowl and everything else will fall into its right place.
Originally posted by 49erF90:
Purdy shouldn't pay attention to all these controversies about him. What he only needs to focus on is to win every game and to work more on his chemistry with his teammates. All the other stuffs are just unnecessary distractions. Our goal is to win the Super Bowl and everything else will fall into its right place.

like CMC said, he should pay attention, it gets him all riled, with the massive pick 262 sized chip on

Originally posted by Jcool:

So this is a parody account right?

No.

Mahomes have done enough to be compared to this year's best or next year's best. A lot of times Tom Brady wasn't the best QB in the league. Heck, half of his career he wasn't the best QB in the league because those years went to Rodgers. With that said, Mahomes can be compared to Brock, who I view as the best in the league this year.

Unless you think Mahomes is better than Purdy this year which I beg to differ. You can just look at the stats and what he is doing with the 49ers.

Share 49ersWebzone