LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 172 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Eddie_D:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

Meanwhile, Purdy's career regular season passer rating is 112.2 over 445 pass attempts (need 1500 pass attempts to make the list above).

I agree that most people with a sense of rational thought would still take Mahomes over Purdy. But at this point, would you take anyone else? Maybe Joe Burrow, though he's injury prone? Herbert and Allen are good but just not consistent enough.

Honestly, the only QBs I'd take (assuming healthy) over Brock would be burrow or Mahommes. The way Brock plays the game is about exactly as I think the position should be played. I think Josh allen is awesome but not consistent.

Although it's still early with Brock and we will see how he looks ina year or two but I'm confident he will be even better. I just like the classy, methodical, accurate, surgeon type QBs. Just my preference.

Brock making 'quarterbacking' great again. He is actually a real prototypical QB before the obsession with running QB's.

Brock can run too if Kyle would just let him. Brock seems smart enough to avoid damage as a running QB. I would like to see Kyle unleash Brock like what he drafted Lance for.

RPO Brock could be pretty good.

I believe the fascination with running QBs will taper down at some point. Look around the league at the number of starters from the beginning of the year who are out for the season. Not all are the result of running injuries but some are. Last night we saw a more hesitant Jalen Hurts than in prior games due to his knee injury. If Hurts were to go down, the Eagles would have troubles.

One of the reasons RBs are not getting paid is the higher injury rate due to the increased amount of contact. It stands to reason that as you increase the number of contacts a QB takes, the injury rate will go up.

Purdy has picked his spots well, all were the result of scrambles out of the pocket. I don't want him running draws and keepers. We have enough other talented runners that we don't have to put Purdy's unique talent in greater jeopardy.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by dj43:
Good point.

Bay Area players have never received the recognition they deserve. Look how long it took some of the 49er superstars from the 60s and 70s to receive HOF mention.

Curry is a curious case to me. It is almost like the writers consider his enormous talent and accomplishment as a cheat code that does not deserve honor.

you have superstar treatment, sure, fouls are also a product of getting beat
so if you are a LT, and you get beat all day, you are gonna be holding on for dear life, and flagged a lot
in NBA, if someone is blowing by you all game, you are gonna grab there too, or attacking the rim, there may be contact
now Steph has a lightning release and is jacking up shots from near halfcourt, where is the foul on that?

All good points. As I said, Curry is a curious case. He doesn't allow the opportunity for fouls. However, there have been times when he should be getting the benefit of the doubt as was the case with Jordan.
Wait did Nick Wright say Baker Mayfield is better than Brock Purdy at QB? I can't watch or stomach that show or the YouTube clips. He's as big of an idiot as Steven Ruiz. I don't care because he knows nothing and is a complete idiot. But he really said that? LOL.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Wait did Nick Wright say Baker Mayfield is better than Brock Purdy at QB? I can't watch or stomach that show or the YouTube clips. He's as big of an idiot as Steven Ruiz. I don't care because he knows nothing and is a complete idiot. But he really said that? LOL.

He's gotta be trolling for the views at this point. He's making Grant Cohn look normal.

speaking of our ol boy Steve, let me check if the ranks are updated
he's got Drake Maye ahead of BP now
on a list of NFL QB rankings

He is 100% just doing it to troll and get clicks at this point. I don't know why you all keep giving him more.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

He is 100% just doing it to troll and get clicks at this point. I don't know why you all keep giving him more.

I confess I find his ranks entertaining, my bad
I see, he hasn't updated yet, so we shall see if the perfect game, was enough to get past Drake Maye
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

He's gotta be trolling for the views at this point. He's making Grant Cohn look normal.

LOL.
We need to stop being such a sensitive fan base and reacting to clowns like wright and Cohn. That's their schtick, just don't pay them any mind

Originally posted by Young2Owens:
We need to stop being such a sensitive fan base and reacting to clowns like wright and Cohn. That's their schtick, just don't pay them any mind

That's probably the best way. Just ignore them.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
It's astonishing how crappy his receivers have been. You know how bad you must be to not be able to have good stats with Mahommes? Lol it wasn't just the rain, they've been bums all year.

seems like the chiefs don't have a run game though, or at least didn't use it much tonight. Which is strange since they had a lead. They used to do a lot of screens and I didnt see many, if any, in the second half.

Isaiah Pacheco is really good.

Yea he's a beast. It looked like the Chiefs got away from the run for some reason which to me made zero sense. They abused Philly in the 1st 1/2. Maybe Philly really adjusted for the run and I couldn't see it.

No one listens to that logic
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

No one listens to that logic

nuts to that, Bill Simmons has a reddit devoted to Purdy putting Ruiz and his ranks in shambles
shambles, I tells ya
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
It's astonishing how crappy his receivers have been. You know how bad you must be to not be able to have good stats with Mahommes? Lol it wasn't just the rain, they've been bums all year.

seems like the chiefs don't have a run game though, or at least didn't use it much tonight. Which is strange since they had a lead. They used to do a lot of screens and I didnt see many, if any, in the second half.

Isaiah Pacheco is really good.

Yea he's a beast. It looked like the Chiefs got away from the run for some reason which to me made zero sense. They abused Philly in the 1st 1/2. Maybe Philly really adjusted for the run and I couldn't see it.

They just simply stopped running the ball. They had 21 carries for 121 yards in the first half and only 9 carries for 47 yards in the 2nd half. So they were still averaging a respectable 5.2 YPC in the 2nd half.

They did have a few holding calls that put them into obvious passing situations in the 2nd half though that probably affected the number of carries but still they didn't really commit to it like they did in the 1st half.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Nov 21, 2023 at 11:22 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone