LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 164 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The eagles o line got away with a plain as day holding on that first TD run. It was just like the 1st TD run against the cowboys. I guess refs just aren't going to call the eagles O line for holding.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
We need to stop being such a sensitive fan base and reacting to clowns like wright and Cohn. That's their schtick, just don't pay them any mind

Yeah, I never watch/read Cohn or Wright. That's the best way to get them to change their ways. They love it when we talk/b***h about the non sense they spout.

think of it this way. Everytime any of us say their name or watch/read their stuff, they make money. If you want them to change, stop reading/watching/talking about their takes - hit them in the wallet. Once that happens, they'll stop.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
The eagles o line got away with a plain as day holding on that first TD run. It was just like the 1st TD run against the cowboys. I guess refs just aren't going to call the eagles O line for holding.
Got away with a lot of stuff
If Brock has a good game against the eagles and we win, do you think that will be enough to push him ahead in the MVP race?
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Brock is not an RPO QB. He is doing just fine like he is.
If Brock has a good game against the eagles and we win, do you think that will be enough to push him ahead in the MVP race?

Push him ahead, probably not but he'll definitely put himself in the conversation. CJ Stroud stands out to me, Texans going from picking #2 in draft to possible playoff contention. I know he's a rookie but he also deserves to be talked about.

slice up the seahawks on thanksgiving and he already will be
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Nov 21, 2023 at 1:55 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by random49er:
lol dude's a generational QB. Let's find a different measuring stick for Brock.

It's a bit too early to say for sure if Brock will be a Hall of Famer or not, and to me, those guys are all generational players.

Pats like what, 6 years into his career? And already an all time great. Lol I just think it's cool that Brock is pacing with him stats wise this year, even though it's a down year for pat. Still an impressive accomplishment to be amongst the top in the league in a lot of important statistical categories.

but yeah, I love Brock and the trajectory he is on but he needs to do this for a few years before we can get too crazy with saying he's "better" than the top guys. Consistently is key, to me. It's why I still doubt it hurts is "elite". He's damn good but I question if he can sustain it. Without the tush push all the time, his stats would be very pedestrian - he isn't a great passing qb. Not terrible or anything but not in the same catagory as a lot of the best.
Yeah it takes a few years to graduate to "elite," unless you have one of those 50 touchdown season.
let's let Brock do what he does best: throw the football
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

slice up the seahawks on thanksgiving and he already will be

He should be in the MVP race now. I would like to see the 9ers and Brock pull out a gritty win. We'll likely see that vs the Eagles.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49erF90:
Purdy shouldn't pay attention to all these controversies about him. What he only needs to focus on is to win every game and to work more on his chemistry with his teammates. All the other stuffs are just unnecessary distractions. Our goal is to win the Super Bowl and everything else will fall into its right place.

like CMC said, he should pay attention, it gets him all riled, with the massive pick 262 sized chip on

I've started sending trash talking messages to Brock on twitter in hopes his PA sees it and sends it to him.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Wait did Nick Wright say Baker Mayfield is better than Brock Purdy at QB? I can't watch or stomach that show or the YouTube clips. He's as big of an idiot as Steven Ruiz. I don't care because he knows nothing and is a complete idiot. But he really said that? LOL.

He's gotta be trolling for the views at this point. He's making Grant Cohn look normal.

He also said Dak was CLEARLY better.
These next few games are the real test. I think we play every bird in the NFL. But those games are crucial. If Brock plays like an MVP the next few weeks, then by god he's the MVP.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
These next few games are the real test. I think we play every bird in the NFL. But those games are crucial. If Brock plays like an MVP the next few weeks, then by god he's the MVP.

He is already the people's MVP just like he is the people's rookie of the year.

People forget that he was a candidate for the award.
[ Edited by Eddie_D on Nov 21, 2023 at 2:14 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
We need to stop being such a sensitive fan base and reacting to clowns like wright and Cohn. That's their schtick, just don't pay them any mind

Yeah, I never watch/read Cohn or Wright. That's the best way to get them to change their ways. They love it when we talk/b***h about the non sense they spout.

think of it this way. Everytime any of us say their name or watch/read their stuff, they make money. If you want them to change, stop reading/watching/talking about their takes - hit them in the wallet. Once that happens, they'll stop.

No, I mean we can react.

I mean, honestly do you think either one of them even know we exist, screen name or real name?

Possibly Cohn checks this place out or reads stuff since he covers the team. Almost guarantee Nick Wright does not.

If anything, reacting to them lets others know that they are idiots. What they do to that is on them.

I don't spend time on either one of them in terms of watching or reading. Every once in a while I'll click on something on here from Sports Illustrated knowing it's from Grant Cohn. I just typically marvel at the fact that Sports Illustrated pays this guy to write pieces at a grade school level.

But personally, if they say or do something stupid, I'll say it's stupid.

Large scale, you guys are correct for the most part. Small scale, individual level, point out that they're constantly dumb and move on.

For me anyway
Share 49ersWebzone