LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 176 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
let's let Brock do what he does best: throw the football

I think what he does best is after he throws or runs, that's when you get the gif worthy moments
ol' Brocky Big Balls
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
If Brock has a good game against the eagles and we win, do you think that will be enough to push him ahead in the MVP race?

Push him ahead, probably not but he'll definitely put himself in the conversation. CJ Stroud stands out to me, Texans going from picking #2 in draft to possible playoff contention. I know he's a rookie but he also deserves to be talked about.

He is already in the conversation as he has the 6th best odds.
If Brock has a good game against the eagles and we win, do you think that will be enough to push him ahead in the MVP race?

Push him ahead, probably not but he'll definitely put himself in the conversation. CJ Stroud stands out to me, Texans going from picking #2 in draft to possible playoff contention. I know he's a rookie but he also deserves to be talked about.

is just a simple recipe, you look at the contending teams, you then filter to only look at QBs, you then pick the one with the best counting stats by and large and voila
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
These next few games are the real test. I think we play every bird in the NFL. But those games are crucial. If Brock plays like an MVP the next few weeks, then by god he's the MVP.

I believe he is capable of it. I just wonder if it will be enough to change the view on a mainstream scale? There still seems to be a lot of doubters out there.
These next few games are the real test. I think we play every bird in the NFL. But those games are crucial. If Brock plays like an MVP the next few weeks, then by god he's the MVP.

I believe he is capable of it. I just wonder if it will be enough to change the view on a mainstream scale? There still seems to be a lot of doubters out there.

Mainstream media don't watch our games. Especially back East.
Originally posted by OhioNiner:
Originally posted by tankle104:
We need to stop being such a sensitive fan base and reacting to clowns like wright and Cohn. That's their schtick, just don't pay them any mind

Yeah, I never watch/read Cohn or Wright. That's the best way to get them to change their ways. They love it when we talk/b***h about the non sense they spout.

think of it this way. Everytime any of us say their name or watch/read their stuff, they make money. If you want them to change, stop reading/watching/talking about their takes - hit them in the wallet. Once that happens, they'll stop.

No, I mean we can react.

I mean, honestly do you think either one of them even know we exist, screen name or real name?

Possibly Cohn checks this place out or reads stuff since he covers the team. Almost guarantee Nick Wright does not.

If anything, reacting to them lets others know that they are idiots. What they do to that is on them.

I don't spend time on either one of them in terms of watching or reading. Every once in a while I'll click on something on here from Sports Illustrated knowing it's from Grant Cohn. I just typically marvel at the fact that Sports Illustrated pays this guy to write pieces at a grade school level.

But personally, if they say or do something stupid, I'll say it's stupid.

Large scale, you guys are correct for the most part. Small scale, individual level, point out that they're constantly dumb and move on.

For me anyway

I would rather have villains. Makes it more fun. But Cohn is a weird villain. He'll, for example, go be a defender for Jordan Mason and annoy Shanahan about why he's not getting carries. Or he'll say Aiyuk is a mature, tough competitor and Deebo is emotionally soft, needing to be coddled. Seems he tries to find weird angles to make points from. But Wright? Dude is worse. He thinks it's UNQUESTIONABLE that Dak is better than Brock. I mean come on.

He'll need a ring to do that.
Originally posted by OhioNiner:
We need to stop being such a sensitive fan base and reacting to clowns like wright and Cohn. That's their schtick, just don't pay them any mind

Yeah, I never watch/read Cohn or Wright. That's the best way to get them to change their ways. They love it when we talk/b***h about the non sense they spout.

think of it this way. Everytime any of us say their name or watch/read their stuff, they make money. If you want them to change, stop reading/watching/talking about their takes - hit them in the wallet. Once that happens, they'll stop.

No, I mean we can react.

I mean, honestly do you think either one of them even know we exist, screen name or real name?

Possibly Cohn checks this place out or reads stuff since he covers the team. Almost guarantee Nick Wright does not.

If anything, reacting to them lets others know that they are idiots. What they do to that is on them.

I don't spend time on either one of them in terms of watching or reading. Every once in a while I'll click on something on here from Sports Illustrated knowing it's from Grant Cohn. I just typically marvel at the fact that Sports Illustrated pays this guy to write pieces at a grade school level.

But personally, if they say or do something stupid, I'll say it's stupid.

Large scale, you guys are correct for the most part. Small scale, individual level, point out that they're constantly dumb and move on.

For me anyway
I'm just saying it makes them more famous. More views. More clicks. Name recognition. Stuff like that. It's like that old saying "any publicity is good publicity".

for example, I know a lot of s**t Cohn says because of people b***hing about him in here and what he's doing. Otherwise, he isn't in my world orbit at all. Doesn't exist. Same with nick Wright. I don't watch him, read him, I purposely dknt watch his stuff - but I know his take cause people bringing them up. That's what I mean - they win, because as long as their names being mentioned and gains more recognition - it's better for them and their employer.

overall, I get what you're saying. Im just saying I think it plays on a small scale too. A lot of a little is still a lot
I'm just saying it makes them more famous. More views. More clicks. Name recognition. Stuff like that. It's like that old saying "any publicity is good publicity".

for example, I know a lot of s**t Cohn says because of people b***hing about him in here and what he's doing. Otherwise, he isn't in my world orbit at all. Doesn't exist. Same with nick Wright. I don't watch him, read him, I purposely dknt watch his stuff - but I know his take cause people bringing them up. That's what I mean - they win, because as long as their names being mentioned and gains more recognition - it's better for them and their employer.

overall, I get what you're saying. Im just saying I think it plays on a small scale too. A lot of a little is still a lot

ol Steve is slacking, he hasn't updated yet, he had all Monday to update, only one game MNF, and you know who those QBs are..
can BP move past, Daniel Jones ??
will Steve have a breakdown and admit he was wrong? I wait patiently the outcome..
  • Purdy's 158.3 passer rating on 25 passing attempts make him the first 49ers QB to reach that mark (minimum 20 attempts).
  • With a passer rating of 158.3, Purdy joins Baltimore Ravens QB Lamar Jackson and Los Angeles Rams QB Jared Goff as the only QBs under the age of 24 in NFL history to attain a passer rating of 158.3.
  • With a passer rating of 148.9 Week 10 against the Jacksonville Jaguars and a passer rating of 158.3 vs. Tampa Bay, Purdy became the youngest player in NFL history to post a passer rating of 145.0 or higher in consecutive starts and the first NFL QB to post a passer rating of 145.0 or higher in consecutive starts since former QB Drew Brees in 2018.
  • Purdy also became the first 49ers QB to post a passer rating of 140.0 or higher in consecutive games since QB Alex Smith in 2012.
  • Purdy's 3 touchdown passes give him 18 on the season and 31 in his career. His 76-yard TD pass to wide receiver Brandon Aiyuk marked the longest TD pass of his career and the longest TD pass by an NFL QB this season.
  • Purdy has registered four career games with three or more TD passes and a passer rating of 140.0 or higher, which are the most such games by a player in his first two seasons in NFL history (Hall of Fame QB Kurt Warner, three games in 1999).
  • Purdy (15 starts) also became the sixth QB in NFL history to post a passer rating of 100 or higher in 10 of his first 15 career starts (HOF QB Kurt Warner – 11 starts; HOF QB Dan Marino – 10 starts; QB Ben Roethlisberger – 10 starts; Kansas City Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes – 11 starts; Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott – 11 starts).
  • With 365 passing yards against the Cincinnati Bengals and 333 passing yards vs. the Bucs, Purdy became the first 49ers QB to throw for 300 or more yards in consecutive home games since Steve Young in 1998.

"I don't think anybody's making more big playsdown the field than Brock Purdy," John Lynch said Tuesday on KNBR's "Murph and Mac" show. "I mean, he's throwing the ball down the field, chunk yardage," via David Bonilla of 49ers Web Zone.

He's got all the arm strength you'll ever need," Lynch said. "Is it stronger than where it was last year? I don't know, but it's looking really good right now, as evidenced by the perfect passer rating, all those things. And most importantly, he led us to a win. And Brock, he's so mature, and quickly after that game, was already talking about Seattle in the locker room. So he understands. He's a tremendous [leader]," via Bonilla.
Originally posted by Eddie_D:

Mainstream media don't watch our games. Especially back East.

Okay but its going to take more than the hometown crowd for him to win MVP.

Two weeks ago he was at 6,000. Now at 1,800. Of course, that is just the bookies' view. How the actual voters respond may be quite different.

Personally, when I compare the way the KS offense operated under JG to the way it is operating now with Purdy, I am ready to hand the award to Purdy right now.
  • Purdy's 158.3 passer rating on 25 passing attempts make him the first 49ers QB to reach that mark (minimum 20 attempts).
  • With a passer rating of 158.3, Purdy joins Baltimore Ravens QB Lamar Jackson and Los Angeles Rams QB Jared Goff as the only QBs under the age of 24 in NFL history to attain a passer rating of 158.3.
  • With a passer rating of 148.9 Week 10 against the Jacksonville Jaguars and a passer rating of 158.3 vs. Tampa Bay, Purdy became the youngest player in NFL history to post a passer rating of 145.0 or higher in consecutive starts and the first NFL QB to post a passer rating of 145.0 or higher in consecutive starts since former QB Drew Brees in 2018.
  • Purdy also became the first 49ers QB to post a passer rating of 140.0 or higher in consecutive games since QB Alex Smith in 2012.
  • Purdy's 3 touchdown passes give him 18 on the season and 31 in his career. His 76-yard TD pass to wide receiver Brandon Aiyuk marked the longest TD pass of his career and the longest TD pass by an NFL QB this season.
  • Purdy has registered four career games with three or more TD passes and a passer rating of 140.0 or higher, which are the most such games by a player in his first two seasons in NFL history (Hall of Fame QB Kurt Warner, three games in 1999).
  • Purdy (15 starts) also became the sixth QB in NFL history to post a passer rating of 100 or higher in 10 of his first 15 career starts (HOF QB Kurt Warner – 11 starts; HOF QB Dan Marino – 10 starts; QB Ben Roethlisberger – 10 starts; Kansas City Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes – 11 starts; Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott – 11 starts).
  • With 365 passing yards against the Cincinnati Bengals and 333 passing yards vs. the Bucs, Purdy became the first 49ers QB to throw for 300 or more yards in consecutive home games since Steve Young in 1998.

good ones tank, good one...

one I've been hoping for, for a long time, is a 4k passing season
not sure what it is, but 4k seems like a nice round number, we don't see that very often from SF

looks like BP has 2662, and is pacing for 4525
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

good ones tank, good one...

one I've been hoping for, for a long time, is a 4k passing season
not sure what it is, but 4k seems like a nice round number, we don't see that very often from SF

looks like BP has 2662, and is pacing for 4525

It's one I've been waiting for. It's just a cool milestone for a 49ers qb to eclipse and has been quite elusive for a long time. I hope we finally break through and get used to having a guy break 4K every year for a long time.

we've had enough game manager play for a lifetime. I'm ready to see elite play, baby! I hope Brock is that guy for us.
Share 49ersWebzone