LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 203 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by YACBros85:
I don't hate Jimmy and I don't think he was a mistake. I thought he had some really great traits and came with a good bit of potential. We obviously won alot of games with him. Over time I just lost faith that he had developed enough of those important traits to put us over the top. Kyle being the offensive guru he is, did what any great coach would do. That is to mold an offense around your QB's strengths and try to limit the exposure of his limitations. Again, it won us alot of games. But somewhere down the line Kyle realized Jimmy hit his ceiling and it wasn't enough.

This.
You know if he wins Steven Ruiz will just move the goal posts. He will say he has to win twice or two NFL MVP's for him to quit sports writing. You know he won't actually follow through on that right?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
You know if he wins Steven Ruiz will just move the goal posts. He will say he has to win twice or two NFL MVP's for him to quit sports writing. You know he won't actually follow through on that right?

Bro the guy had Tom Brady on his list and also college QBs. He's also an absolute nobody. Who gives a f**k, lol.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Bro the guy had Tom Brady on his list and also college QBs. He's also an absolute nobody. Who gives a f**k, lol.

Yeah I guess so.

I've imagined this, he'll probably say BP didn't win it, the team did or some such nonsense.. or maybe he'll quit writing and move to podcasts
The next 3 games is going to make or break Purdy's MVP chances.
Originally posted by OhioNiner:
Maybe

Personally I'd be tempted to walk up to them and public and call them a total moron. And I'm nonconfrontational and a nice guy.

But sometimes a little "Why are you such a moron" is good for the soul. Or one can say so anyway.

I mean, I legitimately don't get why someone would want to make a living being that way. But, different strokes I suppose.

Lol yeah I would tell them to eat s**t and die, for sure.

i don't either, I personally find it embarrassing and not something you can take pride in but whatever. It's their life.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I've imagined this, he'll probably say BP didn't win it, the team did or some such nonsense.. or maybe he'll quit writing and move to podcasts

He should probably quit anyway and seek therapy.

And I'm serious. I'm not mental health expert but if you make a living writing your opinion(s) and you literally say people are trying to "gaslight you" into thinking Brock Purdy is good and you'll just up and quit if he wins a Super Bowl then you're either a drama queen or something seriously is wrong with you
So he again is either playing a character or overplaying it. Or he's entirely too sensitive to people disagreeing with his opinions and rankings and should seek a new line of work.

I mean at least, who was it, Adam Rank I think, said we'd win 3 games or whatever it was the year we went to the Super Bowl he owned up to it and made fun of himself. This guy works himself up into a lather and says, "Stop being so mean to me you bullies!"
Originally posted by JTB1974:
The next 3 games is going to make or break Purdy's MVP chances.

Purdy is going to break the MVP race these next three weeks by having all great games.* 😈😍
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

this

Originally posted by OhioNiner:

He should probably quit anyway and seek therapy.

And I'm serious. I'm not mental health expert but if you make a living writing your opinion(s) and you literally say people are trying to "gaslight you" into thinking Brock Purdy is good and you'll just up and quit if he wins a Super Bowl then you're either a drama queen or something seriously is wrong with you
So he again is either playing a character or overplaying it. Or he's entirely too sensitive to people disagreeing with his opinions and rankings and should seek a new line of work.

I mean at least, who was it, Adam Rank I think, said we'd win 3 games or whatever it was the year we went to the Super Bowl he owned up to it and made fun of himself. This guy works himself up into a lather and says, "Stop being so mean to me you bullies!"

Rank is a pretty funny dude, having a sense of humor is key, maybe that's the deal with ol Steve here, he comes off like he feels he knows better than everyone..
I bet the delay, he's trying to come up with some college kids to slide into the ranks this week, ahead of Brock
Ben Roethlisberger and Russell Wilson in their second season when they won the Super Bowl compared to Brock.

-Big Ben:
62.7% comp
8.9 yrd/att
198.8 yrd/game
6.3% TD
3.4% int
49.5% successful plays
98.6 rating

-Midget Wilson:
63.1% comp
8.2 yrd/att
209.8 yrd/game
6.4% TD
2.2% int
44.8% successful plays
101.2 rating

-Brock Purdy:
70.2% comp
9.7 yrd/att
266.2 yrd/game
6.5% TD
1.8% int
56.3% successful plays
115.1 rating
ol Steve is slacking, he hasn't updated yet, he had all Monday to update, only one game MNF, and you know who those QBs are..
can BP move past, Daniel Jones ??
will Steve have a breakdown and admit he was wrong? I wait patiently the outcome..

He updates on Wednesdays
Originally posted by captveg:
ol Steve is slacking, he hasn't updated yet, he had all Monday to update, only one game MNF, and you know who those QBs are..
can BP move past, Daniel Jones ??
will Steve have a breakdown and admit he was wrong? I wait patiently the outcome..

He updates on Wednesdays

well son of a bleep
Share 49ersWebzone