LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 161 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by tankle104:

I just finished watching this about an hour ago. He kept bringing up how well the offensive line was holding up vs their 1v1's on those 5 man rushes and there seemed to be a lot of them in the game.

Seems like the Bucs tried to do a lot of stunts, with the fifth man, on those rushes. They doubled teamed properly and then closed off the gap.

im still really interested in seeing Banks back at LG and then Feliciano at RG. I think burford is our weakest link. I feel like if the RG played better, it would help mckivitz and the Center a lot. But idk, I'm not a pro at the o line stuff.

I just finished watching this about an hour ago. He kept bringing up how well the offensive line was holding up vs their 1v1's on those 5 man rushes and there seemed to be a lot of them in the game.

Seems like the Bucs tried to do a lot of stunts, with the fifth man, on those rushes. They doubled teamed properly and then closed off the gap.

im still really interested in seeing Banks back at LG and then Feliciano at RG. I think burford is our weakest link. I feel like if the RG played better, it would help mckivitz and the Center a lot. But idk, I'm not a pro at the o line stuff.

There were several times in that video where it was 1v1. 5 rushers vs 5 lineman.

There were several times in that video where it was 1v1. 5 rushers vs 5 lineman.

I know, I saw a handful of those. I wasn't saying that didn't happen. I was really just thinking out loud in here. Lol

anyone know what the avg time to throw before being pressured was for Brock last game? He was under a tremendous amount of pressure in the jags game but still balled.
well ol Steve updated, just a cog he says, still behind D Jones and a couple college kids
watch out for twps he says
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I expect as the Oline play into the 2nd half of the season with better pass pro, Brock and Shanny will be more comfortable looking for the deep throws like we see last Sunday

I know, I saw a handful of those. I wasn't saying that didn't happen. I was really just thinking out loud in here. Lol

anyone know what the avg time to throw before being pressured was for Brock last game? He was under a tremendous amount of pressure in the jags game but still balled.

He had an average of 3.20 seconds before being pressured. However, he was blitzed on 71% of his dropbacks.
I'm just happy we finally got a qb that processes so quickly and decisively the oline doesn't have to pass pro perfectly everytime for him to be successful. Just a question of how much more successful he can be if they do give him more time.

#262 lol We're all just giddy
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 22, 2023 at 8:37 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I'm just happy we finally got a qb that processes so quickly and decisively the oline doesn't have to pass pro perfectly everytime for him to be successful. Just a question of how much more successful he can be if they do give him more time.

Imagine if defenses didn't blitz him on almost half of his dropbacks (most in NFL) how much more time he would have in the pocket.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Imagine if defenses didn't blitz him on almost half of his dropbacks (most in NFL) how much more time he would have in the pocket.

Yeah, the Bucs seemed to rush 5 a lot, Brock still good with a 158.2 lol

On that TD to Aiyuk, the Bucs brought an extra guy. I think the pendulum might swing back to defense put more guys in coverage see if Brock holds the ball longer for their rushers to get there.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 22, 2023 at 8:54 AM ]

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
well ol Steve updated, just a cog he says, still behind D Jones and a couple college kids

He's just trolling on a new level, ol' Steve. Keeping Purdy at #21 by having three QBs who aren't even in the league ahead of him (Brady, Derek Maye and Caleb Williams) is just being a b******tter.
Originally posted by captveg:

He's just trolling on a new level, ol' Steve. Keeping Purdy at #21 by having three QBs who aren't even in the league ahead of him (Brady, Derek Maye and Caleb Williams) is just being a b******tter.

it's become his schtick, not having good ranks, but getting all dug in on his position and eternally doubling down
so he reminds me of the WZ, in a way
Originally posted by captveg:

it's become his schtick, not having good ranks, but getting all dug in on his position and eternally doubling down
so he reminds me of the WZ, in a way

Ya some posters definitely come to mind
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They can convert with Brock_STAR Montana Purdy.

Big, deep and dirty, thirty Purdy

100 percent
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
purdy said that he wants to take a shot deep even if it doesnt work, it shows the defense they can stretch the field

i think we've been asking this for YEARS

To think that those of us who were pushing for the threat of a deep ball got a lot of push back from some really credible posters on the zone. The threat of the deep ball changes how defenses defend you. Period.

Actually what we said was you don't throw deep just to throw deep. It needs to be with purpose and to complete the pass. Many said we should just chuck it deep just to do it.

Now just imagine what this offense could look like with an actual #1 WR who can consistently win deep.

Well when you have defenses cheating by crowding the LOS and playing press man which we faced a lot of with Jimmy at QB, you have to be able to take advantage in order to get them to back off. That was the actual argument.

ya i never advocated to just keep throwing deep every down, but take a calculated shot at some point to stretch the defense and maybe complete am explosive. i think that's pretty reasonable

Well an explosive pass play is 20+ yards and Brock has the 2nd most in the NFL. Being able to threaten deep AKA 20+ yard explosives opens up the run game. The bucs have the #6 run defense in the league and were giving up 86 yards per game before Sunday. We ran for a buck fifteen and had 3 explosives on the ground.

But throwing deep simply to "take a shot" doesn't get a defense to back off. You have to be able to convert. Whether Kyle wasn't calling for deep passes or Jimmy was refusing to throw them - it's because they knew they had little chance of converting.

I think it's more of jimmy's refusing to throw them. Maybe one of the major reasons the team got rid of him, he's too one dimensional. With Purdy, it seems he's done what most QB's haven't really been doing with their career in football- the ultimate commitment of working your as$ off to reach perfection. Purdy, seems to be spending the most hours in studying, preparing, creating and discovering more possibilities on how improve and maximize his strengths and potential. Also, I'm not discounting the possibility that Purdy has probably higher IQ and more mentally matured and developed football wise than the most. So that and his commitment and sacrifice produces positive results.
Share 49ersWebzone