LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 203 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Lol get real, you are losing the plot here.. .
If Kyle and JG didn't compliment as you say, it's 100% on the guy who acquired, why acquire a guy who doesn't mesh with your system? It's like a common saying, let the buyer beware, if you buy the wrong part for your car, don't blame the part

LOL

I remember when you LOL'd at my KC D is legit take, in the offseason
you get one of these

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time.

And for the record, I never disagreed that KC's defense was good. Your take was they were better than the offense. So yeah congrats. You got that one right.

Usually when I see the SWH LMAOOO or LOL, I know I am on the right track
Lol get real, you are losing the plot here.. .
If Kyle and JG didn't compliment as you say, it's 100% on the guy who acquired, why acquire a guy who doesn't mesh with your system? It's like a common saying, let the buyer beware, if you buy the wrong part for your car, don't blame the part

LOL

I remember when you LOL'd at my KC D is legit take, in the offseason
you get one of these

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time.

And for the record, I never disagreed that KC's defense was good. Your take was they were better than the offense. So yeah congrats. You got that one right.

Usually when I see the SWH LMAOOO or LOL, I know I am on the right track

In your head, I am sure you think you are always on the right track. Unfortunately for you, there is this thing called reality.
Sooo... back to the topic at hand.

Brock Purdy. Already the best last pick in the draft of all time?
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Can't think of another Mr.Irrelevant who became relevant.
Originally posted by father49er:

Can't think of another Mr.Irrelevant who became relevant.

he's so relevant that he ended the term
can't call that draft slot irrelevant anymore

The thing was, if you say Purdy is the best last pick of all time, well where did Purdy come from, he didn't just show up and name himself the QB1, Kyle drafted him for him, and got rid of other QBs for him.. so if you feel Brock is the best ever, that's a reflection on who selects the QBs, and we saw that also with TL. Kyle's elite with the playsheet, he's hit or miss as a QB evaluator or whisperer, imo. This is pretty clear. He did hire Griese to help fix that, and Griese played a big role in the scouting, development of BP. That's another KS strength, surrounding himself with great ppl.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Nov 22, 2023 at 11:05 AM ]

The thing was, if you say Purdy is the best last pick of all time, well where did Purdy come from, he didn't just show up and name himself the QB1, Kyle drafted him for him, and got rid of other QBs for him.. so if you feel Brock is the best ever, that's a reflection on who selects the QBs, and we saw that also with TL. Kyle's elite with the playsheet, he's hit or miss as a QB evaluator or whisperer, imo. This is pretty clear. He did hire Griese to help fix that, and Griese played a big role in the scouting, development of BP. That's another KS strength, surrounding himself with great ppl.

May be your finest post yet

LMAO.

Everyone can be considered hit or miss as an evaluator or whisperer as you put it. I think as long as you can show you can do it then you're good in my book. You can be the greatest coach in the world but if you have a turd then there is only so much polishing you can do to that turd.

For example Kris Kocurek is considered a great d line coach and d line whisperer as he should be. But he couldn't get Solomon Thomas to look good.

Originally posted by miked1978:

Everyone can be considered hit or miss as an evaluator or whisperer as you put it. I think as long as you can show you can do it then you're good in my book. You can be the greatest coach in the world but if you have a turd then there is only so much polishing you can do to that turd.

For example Kris Kocurek is considered a great d line coach and d line whisperer as he should be. But he couldn't get Solomon Thomas to look good.

See post #35279.

Yeah like with Lance also, there was no magic wand for KS to make him look good, believe me, Kyle tried..
the error is in evaluation,
JG and TL were the big ticket gets for Kyle
BP more of a late round flyer, with Lynch crediting Slowik, Griese, Kubiak on their process.. Course with no KS, you have no Slowik, Griese, or Kubiak, they all go back to Papa Shanny tree..
gonna continue to lie to myself and keep with the story that we traded 3 first rounders to put us in position to draft Brock Purdy who is currently statistically the best QB playing right at this moment and took a flier on Trey Lance, a high ceiling prospect who never reached it but it ended up all working out in the end.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:
gonna continue to lie to myself and keep with the story that we traded 3 first rounders to put us in position to draft Brock Purdy who is currently statistically the best QB playing right at this moment and took a flier on Trey Lance, a high ceiling prospect who never reached it but it ended up all working out in the end.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

yessir, all is well that ends well

Yeah like with Lance also, there was no magic wand for KS to make him look good, believe me, Kyle tried..
BP more of a late round flyer, with Lynch crediting Slowik, Griese, Kubiak on their process.. Course with no KS, you have no Slowik, Griese, or Kubiak, they all go back to Papa Shanny tree..
why do you leave out that Lynch sold KS on JG and TL ?
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Nov 22, 2023 at 11:25 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

why do you leave out the Lynch sold KS on JG and TL ?

good one!
Share 49ersWebzone