LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 239 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by tankle104:

good watch regarding Brock and the pass protection

Imagine if he had a top 10 (hell top 15) pass pro OL??? Like Philly or KC it would be easily #6 for the niners. Hopefully Feliciano at RG and Banks at LG works out. If McKivitz struggles then throw in Ilm Manning

Where in the results has it shown that PHI & KC's O line have been better in pass pro? Because I have ran the numbers myself and I can confidently tell you that they are not.
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Imagine if he had a top 10 (hell top 15) pass pro OL??? Like Philly or KC it would be easily #6 for the niners. Hopefully Feliciano at RG and Banks at LG works out. If McKivitz struggles then throw in Ilm Manning

Where in the results has it shown that PHI & KC's O line have been better in pass pro? Because I have ran the numbers myself and I can confidently tell you that they are not.

LOL. The graph Lombardi presents you in this video SHOWS you exactly that.

Then for further measure, he goes on to tell you PFF's composite PB rank is 28th, ESPN PBWR is 19th (composite, 23rd).

Imagine if we didn't have Trent Williams and a run-centric offense (lowest volume of passes) to skew the numbers up.

Pull your pants up. Your bias is showing.

YAC: 49ers OL >>>>>>>> Philly OL but Miami is #1
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 23, 2023 at 5:34 AM ]
8 O line sacks > 22 O line sacks.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Then for further measure, he goes on to tell you PFF's composite PB rank is 28th, ESPN PBWR is 19th (composite, 23rd).

Imagine if we didn't have Trent Williams and a run-centric offense (lowest volume of passes) to skew the numbers up.

Did Lombardi agree to those rankings?

And since when does giving up more QB hits and sacks is better?

imagine what you would be doing if we had the Eagles OL stats lol
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Did Lombardi agree to those rankings?

And since when does giving up more QB hits and sacks is better?

imagine what you would be doing if we had the Eagles OL stats lol

Results>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rankings.
The pressure stats chart that I made is based on a per dropback rate. Which is actually more insightful than looking at the raw stats. And like I posted in the O line thread.

For those who are under the impression that because we run alot of playaction, it masks the 49ers poor pass protection. Brock Purdy is ranked 22nd in the league in playaction dropback rate at 23.3%. He is also ranked 14th in the league in dropbacks on screen passes at 12.1%. Guys like Tua, Lawrence, Mahomes, Lamar, Burrow and Goff throw more screen passes than Brock. Guys like Tua, Cousins, Dak, Hurts, Lamar, Herbert, Goff, Allen and Lawrence all dropback on playaction passes more than Brock.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Nov 23, 2023 at 8:02 AM ]

Your numbers are extremely interesting however it does not seem that way. I know we could not do the thing I hate the most this year.."Tush Push"...
Originally posted by bassmanr:

Your numbers are extremely interesting however it does not seem that way. I know we could not do the thing I hate the most this year.."Tush Push"...

If you break down who is actually responsible for sacks allowed by player, the 49ers O line has been responsible for only 8 of Brock's 20 sacks this season. Eagles O line has been responsible for 22 of Jalen's 27 sacks this season.
Originally posted by bassmanr:

That's RB, and the TP is technique.

Our run/pass ratio is trending towards more pass centric. Brock's development is a big part of that. The last three games are at 52.57% pass percentage. Given the accuracy of Brock and that most of those pass plays are successful, it's becoming clear that our offense is now pass centric, imo, and will be as long as teams continue to stack the box.
we done been invaded by the OL thread
Originally posted by Chance:
Our run/pass ratio is trending towards more pass centric. Brock's development is a big part of that. The last three games are at 52.57% pass percentage. Given the accuracy of Brock and that most of those pass plays are successful, it's becoming clear that our offense is now pass centric, imo, and will be as long as teams continue to stack the box.

Brock's play also allows for more comfort throwing the ball. Gone are the days of calling a play and crossing fingers.
Originally posted by Chance:

The passing game is certainly more productive for the Niners than the running game. Think back to when they had Breida and Mostert. Those long runs they would get are no longer there. I still think part of the drop in the run game is because McGlinchey is gone. For all his faults he was a very good run blocker. There were games when the running and passing yards were nearly even. That's no longer the case.
If you break down who is actually responsible for sacks allowed by player, the 49ers O line has been responsible for only 8 of Brock's 20 sacks this season. Eagles O line has been responsible for 22 of Jalen's 27 sacks this season.

If people were to actually watch the Eagles play often they would see their O line hasn't been very good pass blocking. Hurts has bailed them out a LOT. Not unlike Brock here. It's what top of the line QBs do.
Share 49ersWebzone