LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 210 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"In the past, like we might call a play, and you had no chance of getting the football. But when you're playing with a guy like Purdy, you have the oppurtunity to get the ball on any play."

Aiyuk said this about Purdy on Arik Armstead's podcast. He also talked about how Purdy finds a way to get the ball to guys on clear outs. It's a good listen:

[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 23, 2023 at 9:52 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
"In the past, like we might call this play, and you had no chance of getting the football. But when you're playing with a guy like Purdy, you have the oppurtunity to get the ball on any play."

Aiyuk said this about Purdy on Arik Armstead's podcast.

Aiyuk never f**ked with Jimmy tbh
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

It's one thing to hear it from retired greats but to see Brock's teammates break that down, explain it, and give credit like that - incredible. That's as real as it gets. Aiyuk is a stud too, I always argue that he's a top 5 complete Wr in this league (when you factor in his selflessness, run blocking, pass blocking when the ball isn't in his hands etc).

i hope we get more play breakdowns from the players as these podcasts go on because that is the ultimate spank bank material for me.

Poor Deebo. With any other qb he would've gotten a bunch of catches because he's so physical and so good with RAC on the underneath--- but Brock ain't usually with the underneath unless he has to. It's Kyle's dream and all the fans.

Deebo is 4th on the team in targets but he did miss the large majority of 3 games. He is also the 2nd best RB on the team.

I think Brock still should lean on Deebo and Kittle when the going gets tough and they need a completion.

Rate of First downs per target

Aiyuk- 63.3%
Kittle- 50.9%
CMC- 45.8%
Deebo- 36.8%

When we need a first down, we going to Aiyuk.
"In the past, like we might call a play, and you had no chance of getting the football. But when you're playing with a guy like Purdy, you have the oppurtunity to get the ball on any play."

Aiyuk said this about Purdy on Arik Armstead's podcast. He also talked about how Purdy finds a way to get the ball to guys on clear outs. It's a good listen:

Do think he means this outside of the primary and/or off schedule?

It's one thing to hear it from retired greats but to see Brock's teammates break that down, explain it, and give credit like that - incredible. That's as real as it gets. Aiyuk is a stud too, I always argue that he's a top 5 complete Wr in this league (when you factor in his selflessness, run blocking, pass blocking when the ball isn't in his hands etc).

i hope we get more play breakdowns from the players as these podcasts go on because that is the ultimate spank bank material for me.

Poor Deebo. With any other qb he would've gotten a bunch of catches because he's so physical and so good with RAC on the underneath--- but Brock ain't usually with the underneath unless he has to. It's Kyle's dream and all the fans.

Deebo is 4th on the team in targets but he did miss the large majority of 3 games. He is also the 2nd best RB on the team.

I think Brock still should lean on Deebo and Kittle when the going gets tough and they need a completion.

Aiyuk- 63.3%
Kittle- 50.9%
CMC- 45.8%
Deebo- 36.8%

And 3rd and Jauan.

Aiyuk- 63.3%
Kittle- 50.9%
CMC- 45.8%
Deebo- 36.8%

Yeah, I've been noticing that the last few games lol

I just want Brock not to neglect the other guys , cause they've been making tough catches for years.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 23, 2023 at 9:56 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

Both. Go to 40:35 in the interview. Aiyuk talks about the fade TD in Pittsburgh. That play was designed to go to Deebo and Aiyuk was just clearing things out. Purdy said f**k that and dropped a dime to BA.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 23, 2023 at 10:00 AM ]

A good Purdy breakdown by Greg Cossell.

Both. Go to 40:35 in the interview. Aiyuk talks about the fade TD in Pittsburgh. That play was designed to go to Deebo and Aiyuk was just clearing things out. Purdy said f**k that and dropped a dime to BA.

I was going to guess both myself but wanted your take. Thanks. Brock is the real deal esp. in processing, execution and he's pretty damn good off schedule too.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

"His job (QB) is to execute the system he's been taught in at a very high level." ~ GC

Bingo. Every QB is a system QB unless they're just living off the off schedule hero ball play.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 23, 2023 at 10:06 AM ]

Lately noticed this phrase being mentioned again and again by players and mgmt:

"Purdy can throw all over the field so defense needs to cover the entire field." (paraphrasing)

Seems like they are going out of the way to send a message to opposing defenses, sending reminders.
Odd. Ok.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Brock needs to beat up on the Seahawks on the road for a win to shut these haters up. Let's go Niners

Yeah, IDGAF what the dudes on TV say, I want to hear opinions of these guys who have a true understanding of the QB position and can just geek out over hours on a handful of plays. Cossell is as good as it gets. We as 49ers fans are as familiar with "system QBs" as any fans can be and I doubt anyone can name one who led the league in every meaningful category there is.

It's a Trip that Alabama tried to recruit Aiyuk, Armstead, and Brock but they all said no. Aiyuk & Armstread didn't want to switch positions - Brock felt disrespected. Obviously not a big deal but those stories are always fun
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

Yeah, IDGAF what the dudes on TV say, I want to hear opinions of these guys who have a true understanding of the QB position and can just geek out over hours on a handful of plays. Cossell is as good as it gets. We as 49ers fans are as familiar with "system QBs" as any fans can be and I doubt anyone can name one who led the league in every meaningful category there is.

Well said.
Share 49ersWebzone