LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 142 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
It'll start to tweak as Kyle and Brock get more comfortable with one another. This is Brock with barely a seasons worth of starts. Come year 3 in the system it might be really scary for rest of league.

You celebrating it with Jim Irsay?
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by NCommand:
It'll be interesting to watch how things change going forward for sure starting with personnel around him. That should give us some great tips on the direction starting with this off season.

Spoiler alert:

You're not getting your linemen, lol.

And I was just starting to sit up in my chair too.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
It'll start to tweak as Kyle and Brock get more comfortable with one another. This is Brock with barely a seasons worth of starts. Come year 3 in the system it might be really scary for rest of league.

You celebrating it with Jim Irsay?

And Foerster?
Originally posted by eric_anthony:
Originally posted by Heroism:
"In the past, like we might call this play, and you had no chance of getting the football. But when you're playing with a guy like Purdy, you have the oppurtunity to get the ball on any play."

Aiyuk said this about Purdy on Arik Armstead's podcast.

Aiyuk never f**ked with Jimmy tbh

And the reason for that is mentioned in that quote.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
"In the past, like we might call this play, and you had no chance of getting the football. But when you're playing with a guy like Purdy, you have the oppurtunity to get the ball on any play."

Aiyuk was probably treys biggest supporter on the offense, in the sense being vocal about wanting him to play. Everyone else (from what I saw) just said boiler plate stuff "so talented. So much potential. He's working so hard". But Aiyuk was more vocal.

i always felt like Aiyuk wanted a different style qb because of the quote mentioned above. He wanted someone who he thought could get him the ball anywhere and give him, and the other guys, more ops.

At least that's how I perceived it. Can't fault him, must be frustrating to know you can do more and you're not able to because the qb won't ever throw that pass. Thank god Brock does.
Originally posted by InfernoDaLuz:

Fred looking snazzy as usual. Dig the coat

Warner looking like a style icon and Purdy lookin like he's about to work at the farm lol.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

Warner looking like a style icon and Purdy lookin like he's about to work at the farm lol.
Purdy working for the Daily Bugle

Yeah, he's about to go out on the field and start plowing that ass

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

So you're saying Brock got his powers from a radioactive spider
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

So you're saying Brock got his powers from a radioactive spider
He healed up nicely
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by NCommand:
It'll be interesting to watch how things change going forward for sure starting with personnel around him. That should give us some great tips on the direction starting with this off season.

Spoiler alert:

You're not getting your linemen, lol.

Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

Aiyuk was probably treys biggest supporter on the offense, in the sense being vocal about wanting him to play. Everyone else (from what I saw) just said boiler plate stuff "so talented. So much potential. He's working so hard". But Aiyuk was more vocal.

i always felt like Aiyuk wanted a different style qb because of the quote mentioned above. He wanted someone who he thought could get him the ball anywhere and give him, and the other guys, more ops.

At least that's how I perceived it. Can't fault him, must be frustrating to know you can do more and you're not able to because the qb won't ever throw that pass. Thank god Brock does.

Whatever Trey's flaws, one thing he did that Jimmy didn't is consider every route an option rather than choose one presnap and not deviate. And maybe that's what Aiyuk liked.

Regardless, Brock is the best of both worlds: every route is live, and the structure of the play will only be deviated from when it makes sense to do so. He is great both in structure and out, and both with the first read in the progression as well as the last.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Nov 23, 2023 at 4:33 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:

Yeah, he's about to go out on the field and start plowing that ass

Share 49ersWebzone