There are 185 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
What I love is after a terrible pick 6 he kept fighting. Clearly not his best game. But he fought in not his best game and kept going. Eventually throwing the nice TD to Aiyuk. Maybe would have had another but the back of the arm of the defender denied another one. He finished with decent but not great stats. In a game where he often struggled and didn't play his best. But that actually says really good things to me.
What's up with that contraption on his elbow, did they say what it was?

My guess is, it's just to keep the elbow warm because of cold weather

I'm curious about that too.

Has this been the coldest game we have played? Maybe something to keep the elbow warm and loose?
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
I genuinely think Seattle had him rattled a bit but that throw to Aiyuk was brilliant. Before people get bent out of shape I think even the greatest get rattled but in the end it's how you respond. Seattle was playing some pretty tough defense. Credit to Brock for a gritty win against a stout defense in one of the most hostile environments in the NFL.

In my opinion he wasnt rattled at all.

Seahawks (division rival) know how to to defend KS very well.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:

I'm curious about that too.

Has this been the coldest game we have played? Maybe something to keep the elbow warm and loose?

he has had it on in at least the last 2 games.

you can see it in the TB game on the bench.

not sure what it is. Compression? heat? ice?
Originally posted by Crown:
he has had it on in at least the last 2 games.

you can see it in the TB game on the bench.

not sure what it is. Compression? heat? ice?

Believe it's both of these. Cam Inman was fishing for answers on Twitter… where all the experts reside.
First let me start off and make it clear I'm not saying Brock is Mahomes but I am getting a little tired of the disrespect. Mahomes first year as a starter he came into a playoff team that had Kelsey. Hill and a pro bowl tackle a hall of fame head coach and a really good defense and they crowned him the greatest QB of all time. But all the doubters say Brock is a game manager surrounded by weapons and a great defense. I am starting to really agree with Richard Sherman that this all has to with his draft position. If he was a top ten pick they would be praising him as one of the faces of the league.

Kyle on the throw...Brock not gonna checkdown lol
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 23, 2023 at 9:05 PM ]
We should start a go fund me page for him. The amount that we're paying him is robbery for what he does lol...
Originally posted by LB49ers:
First let me start off and make it clear I'm not saying Brock is Mahomes but I am getting a little tired of the disrespect. Mahomes first year as a starter he came into a playoff team that had Kelsey. Hill and a pro bowl tackle a hall of fame head coach and a really good defense and they crowned him the greatest QB of all time. But all the doubters say Brock is a game manager surrounded by weapons and a great defense. I am starting to really agree with Richard Sherman that this all has to with his draft position. If he was a top ten pick they would be praising him as one of the faces of the league.

It's 100% because of draft position, it is what it is. Brady was getting it too, Brock just has to win and eventually the clowns will realize he's the real deal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
What I love is after a terrible pick 6 he kept fighting. Clearly not his best game. But he fought in not his best game and kept going. Eventually throwing the nice TD to Aiyuk. Maybe would have had another but the back of the arm of the defender denied another one. He finished with decent but not great stats. In a game where he often struggled and didn't play his best. But that actually says really good things to me.

Not positive, but i think it's a cooling device, to cool down everything around that elbow. ''

Once again, game is over, Brock played well, don't know his stats, but we all know he played good ball in a bad azz stadium for our teams. And when it was going on and after the game, there's "old". Brock…didn't look worn out , didn't look special, but when one reviews this game he will see Steady Eddy , didn't get rattled, played great, but he didn't stand out like Lamar, Mahomes, Joe (later on) …and once again, he made it look…

Effortless. Effortless Brock. The other thing which most of us liked was when he had time off he didn't head off to Cabo, instead going to Iowa to help harvest while driving tractor…oh, and ….seeing his fiancé. And THAT is the "magic" of Brock. Effortless, doesn't hog the limelight, and just congratulates all his teammates for getting the W.

How in the world did we get so lucky? Yes, i get that we got dumped on for 9 long yrs with massive injuries, one after another. But the pendulum has swung back and is visiting other clubs, just like we used to be…all with major league injuries. Instead, we got healthy (well pretty much anyway)…and , we got Brock.

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
We should start a go fund me page for him. The amount that we're paying him is robbery for what he does lol...

Jed should pay someone to purchase 6 mil worth of hot tubs from his parents business. It's a start
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Haha. Brute honesty. And the polar opposite picture of what all the Jimmy-excusers tried to paint a picture of over the years.

You show up in the offseason, you do the studying,...you put in the work,...he's obviously a coach that can live with the results.
Originally posted by random49er:

Haha. Brute honesty. And the polar opposite picture of what all the Jimmy-excusers tried to paint a picture of over the years.

You show up in the offseason, you do the studying,...you put in the work,...he's obviously a coach that can live with the results.

Also contrary to the completely wrong narrative that he checks it down to studs all the time. We all know he pushes the ball downfield.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Especially after the pick 6. Dude just has balls of steel and ice in his veins.
Share 49ersWebzone