QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
So was the ball tipped at LoS on the pick ? Still not sure whether or not that happened.

I'm pretty sure it was. I'd have to see another slowed down replay to say for sure but the replay they did show, it looked like the DLine man just barely touched it.
I've watched the replay a few times and do not see a LOS tip. The ball looks clean. There is one angle, where you can see Kittle open in the seam, and 99% sure the pass was intended for Kittle. McCaffrey sees it and things it's an errant pass and reaches up and behind him and tips it to the defender.

Look at this angle. If you play it in slow mo, you'll see the ball goes over the seattle DL and doesn't change trajectory. I think it was close and looked like a tip.

Bad throw(two in a row) but it is what it is. He made the throws that mattered

Yeah I think he was just pressing too hard and worried about being backed up in the endzone and tried to get rid of the ball quick instead of taking a Safety. Just didn't look good on that series, but he came back and looked great.

From that angle it does look like it may have been intended for Kittle. What I like is that it didn't unset Purdy or the team to the point that they became unraveled. In past games in Seattle when something like that happened at the start of the half and the crowd got amped up everything would go downhill from there.

I wonder what the eagles strength of opponent is vs the run? I also wonder how much their poor secondary has played into how many rushing yards they give up per game? I really thought KC exposed that run defense on MNF. Have zero idea why they stopped running it so much on them in the 2nd half. They were still averaging around 5.0 yards per carry in the 2nd half. Either way, the eagles gameplan will be to shutdown CMC. Can they do it is the big question.
His demeanor on the field is like eh whatever and I love it. I'm just going to slice you up and go drive my dads tractor I still can't afford afterwards.
If he keeps the play up, he better get a Pro Bowl nod, he deserves it, I know Dak, & Hurts will get 2 of the 3 NFC QBs, but Purdy deserves it, plus his 4th yr base salary would go up to the 2nd rd RFA tender level in 2025 if he makes the Pro Bowl.
  • thl408
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
If he keeps the play up, he better get a Pro Bowl nod, he deserves it, I know Dak, & Hurts will get 2 of the 3 NFC QBs, but Purdy deserves it, plus his 4th yr base salary would go up to the 2nd rd RFA tender level in 2025 if he makes the Pro Bowl.

Why do we want him to be more expensive, just to say he's a Pro Bowler? Nah, keep him as cheap as possible.
Man this throw looks even better watching it again this morning. A 31-yard dart between four defenders.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 24, 2023 at 8:09 AM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Why do we want him to be more expensive, just to say he's a Pro Bowler? Nah, keep him as cheap as possible.

Lol, I get that, but in 2025 he'll be getting a new deal if things keep going this way.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:
So was the ball tipped at LoS on the pick ? Still not sure whether or not that happened.

I'm pretty sure it was. I'd have to see another slowed down replay to say for sure but the replay they did show, it looked like the DLine man just barely touched it.
I've watched the replay a few times and do not see a LOS tip. The ball looks clean. There is one angle, where you can see Kittle open in the seam, and 99% sure the pass was intended for Kittle. McCaffrey sees it and things it's an errant pass and reaches up and behind him and tips it to the defender.

Look at this angle. If you play it in slow mo, you'll see the ball goes over the seattle DL and doesn't change trajectory. I think it was close and looked like a tip.

Yeah I think he was just pressing too hard and worried about being backed up in the endzone and tried to get rid of the ball quick instead of taking a Safety. Just didn't look good on that series, but he came back and looked great.

From that angle it does look like it may have been intended for Kittle. What I like is that it didn't unset Purdy or the team to the point that they became unraveled. In past games in Seattle when something like that happened at the start of the half and the crowd got amped up everything would go downhill from there.

I wonder what the eagles strength of opponent is vs the run? I also wonder how much their poor secondary has played into how many rushing yards they give up per game? I really thought KC exposed that run defense on MNF. Have zero idea why they stopped running it so much on them in the 2nd half. They were still averaging around 5.0 yards per carry in the 2nd half. Either way, the eagles gameplan will be to shutdown CMC. Can they do it is the big question.

I think a big part of Eagles shutting down KC's runs was the turnovers that forced KC to pass because KC was behind.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Man this throw looks even better watching it again this morning. A 31-yard dart between four defenders.

Imo this game was one of his best and because of this throw. To throw that ball in that situation after the pick 6. Ice.
Brock didn't have a great game but he made a huge throw when the game was still in doubt to put away the Seahawks and take the wind out of their sails. He showed the rest of the country that he is more than just a system QB.

His best career throw considering it wins a road game after throwing a pick 6 earlier in the half. FQB stuff.

Originally posted by Giedi:

I think a big part of Eagles shutting down KC's runs was the turnovers that forced KC to pass because KC was behind.

KC was up most of the game. The penalties that pushed the offense back had more to do with it than the TO's imo. But they still could have ran the ball more in the 2nd half.

It really does, especially when you can focus on some other aspects too like terrible pass protection from Mckivitz and maybe a hold on Mitchell?(looked like the defender grabbed his helmet or something)

• Giedi
  • Veteran

KC was up most of the game. The penalties that pushed the offense back had more to do with it than the TO's imo. But they still could have ran the ball more in the 2nd half.

KC could have run the ball more in the 2nd half, but also KC had a lot of dropped passes in the 2nd half. One was a possible touchdown too. Those turnovers and penalties just let the game get out of hand for KC, in my view, and they had to go to the pass as time was running out. 49ers are going to have to beat the Eagles and the Refs to win in Philly.

KC could have run the ball more in the 2nd half, but also KC had a lot of dropped passes in the 2nd half. One was a possible touchdown too. Those turnovers and penalties just let the game get out of hand for KC, in my view, and they had to go to the pass as time was running out. 49ers are going to have to beat the Eagles and the Refs to win in Philly.

Well my point still stands. Philly's run D might not be as good as the rankings show.
Share 49ersWebzone