There are 161 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
brock is going to help aiyuk stay a niner for life cause who else would you rather play for??? all the other ELITE qbs have their guy.
[ Edited by picklejuice on Nov 24, 2023 at 8:52 AM ]
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:

Poor Charlie Woerner was standing there all alone, wondering why no one wants to play with him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Poor Charlie Woerner was standing there all alone, wondering why no one wants to play with him.

Isn't that Kittle?

I can't believe Woerner caught a pass last night
This game definitely brought his passer rating down, and the double-audible in our end zone was quite frustrating—I badly wanted them to run it both times and figured something bad would happen if we didn't.

But good to see him get that dagger TD in ice cold fashion. Delivering in key spots matters way more than stats, right? At least that's what all the critics have been telling me
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Nov 24, 2023 at 9:04 AM ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Isn't that Kittle?

Woerner is off screen and wide open with no defender within 10 yards of him. In hindsight it was a fantastic pass but I can also see why Kyle said he was shocked that Purdy threw it to Aiyuk.
Passing COMP ATT PCT YDS TD INT QBR
21 30 70% 209 1 1 93.28

I love it when people say Brock had a bad game. One Int on a tipped ball. Another possible TD to if not for a great reach back no look pass break up by the DB. Not exactly ideal play calling after both takeaways as well. But yes, Brock sucked and barely got it done and we scored 31 points.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Passing COMP ATT PCT YDS TD INT QBR
21 30 70% 209 1 1 93.28

I love it when people say Brock had a bad game. One Int on a tipped ball. Another possible TD to if not for a great reach back no look pass break up by the DB. Not exactly ideal play calling after both takeaways as well. But yes, Brock sucked and barely got it done and we scored 31 points.

Where did you get the QBR from?

ESPN stats show 62.3 QBR and a 86.7 passer rating.

4 set of eyes on Brock and there's ain't s**t they can do but watch. The throw is that good
With these throws that Brock can make, I think pass protection will be a bigger focus going into next season and Kyle might actually shift the way he calls his plays, slightly. I still think he will run, a lot, and he will do those show his hand plays to set things up for something else later on. But with better OL play, we can get more yards out of those plays, and we can control what defenses do even more. With all that said, I don't think this is the year, but next season, Brock will be a serious MVP candidate. In the same way Josh Allen in 2020 inspired him to go after a QB like Trey in hopes of elevating his offense beyond his playcalling, Brock actually has elevated the offense beyond Kyle's playcalling. Brock now has a season of start's behind him (16 official starts and 17 if you count Miami) and has gone 13-3/14-3*.

He is far better than what he was last year and this year, team's have film on him and he's still carving teams up. The game against Philly should remove all doubt. It's going to be huge the next six games because we can potentially close the gap, play & beat a team with equal and/or better talent, as well as show we can win with no drop off. The whole Brock can be MVP in 2024 really is going to start with the Eagles game. I also find it interesting that his biggest supporters on TV outside of the Bay Area are all ex-QBs. Its writers, guys who never played, and non-QBs that are the biggest doubters now.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:

4 set of eyes on Brock and there's ain't s**t they can do but watch. The throw is that good

53 was bearing down on Brock, but he didn't give a single f**k.

Also, what kind of pass set is that from McKivitz? False stepped like a motherf**ker. Dude gained like 1 inch of depth in his kickstep.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 24, 2023 at 9:34 AM ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Isn't that Kittle?

Woerner is off screen and wide open with no defender within 10 yards of him. In hindsight it was a fantastic pass but I can also see why Kyle said he was shocked that Purdy threw it to Aiyuk.

I thought I saw a defender right on top of him about 10yds off ready make a tackle should he get the ball. Theoretically it should a first down but maybe not much more.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Also, what kind of pass set is that from McKivitz? False stepped like a motherf**ker. Dude gained like 1 inch of depth in his kickstep.

McKivitz doing McKivitz things. If he's still starting next year then they really are just mailing it in when it comes to the OL.
McKivitz doing McKivitz things. If he's still starting next year then they really are just mailing it in when it comes to the OL.

It looks like McKivitz short set b/c he was expecting outside help from Mitchell, but we also got beat inside. Mitchell helped pick that up instead of the outside guy. Either way, we definitely need to upgrade the damn OL. We got our QB for the next 20 years. Protect him at all costs.

Also, these pass pro calls have been so f**king sketchy. There's 3 OL+1 TE blocking 2 DL at one point in that play.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 24, 2023 at 9:44 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

i want to believe mckivitz is really really good but just isn't used to opposite side footwork cause he's an LT so maybe he can be our future LT option when trent retires--or go back to swing tackle backup guy.. :)
[ Edited by picklejuice on Nov 24, 2023 at 9:44 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone