There are 266 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by eric_anthony:
I can't wait to see how Brock plays against Philly. I have a feeling he's gonna light their asses up

This whole team is ready to show Philly that they got lucky last year. I think they're going to be amped up for this game like they were for Dallas this year.

hargrave probably wants to beat on his old friends too. I can't freakin wait.

brock is going to be LOCKED IN!
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
People in this thread: "I'm not saying Purdy is great but he's doing XYZ things that great QBs do"

lol I get the hesitation, I'm the same way don't want to get ahead of myself but it's just funny.

All I will say is that Brock passed another test yesterday. He made a big mistake in as hostile of an environment as it gets, yet he didn't let it to get to him and he came back and threw an absolute dart to seal the game.

Agree, have seen it in multiple threads, comments, vids..ppl have glowing comments, then it just stops short..lol. "But but..I am not trying to say he is the guy!" Lolol

"Brock is amazing, doing elite things, you don't see this really, laser accuracy, great under pressure, his mind is unshakable, omg the dots, look at the stats..look at this crazy chart, the layered throws are mind-blowing.." yada yada..then.."but I don't wanna say he is that guy and give him the crown yet, still a lot we gotta see from him.." or whatever the hell lol

Lol ppl say it prolly cause they fear they will look stupid later if they are somehow wrong. They gotta look knowledgeable, after all lol.

It's ok to get your balls wet..he is the guy lol. I gave him all the crowns, jewels and perfume at the Seahawks game last year. And that didn't change with the 3 game skid. He is the next great 9er qb. If he stays healthy, skies the limit.

But wait..I am not saying he is the one..don't get me wrong here lol
I was in the game yesterday. That last minute toss to Kittle before he went down while being sacked was really very very impressive.
Originally posted by 49erF90:
I was in the game yesterday. That last minute toss to Kittle before he went down while being sacked was really very very impressive.

It really was. Glad you got to go to the game!
Originally posted by paulk205:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You realize that Purdy audibled out of whatever the original play was?

It was a dual play call, as both KS and Purdy said in the interview I read. A run and pass, at the option of the QB. A bit like what Harbaugh/Roman used to give to Kaepernick and we kept getting delay of game penalties. The idea is that in that stadium, backed against your own goal line the noise is going to be so bad that trying to do an actual audible is going to mess things even worse. It was up to Purdy to decide which of the two plays to go to based on his pre snap read. It was a bad read.

The disguised the coverage and rotated out of it post snap.
Originally posted by Montana:
People in this thread: "I'm not saying Purdy is great but he's doing XYZ things that great QBs do"

lol I get the hesitation, I'm the same way don't want to get ahead of myself but it's just funny.

All I will say is that Brock passed another test yesterday. He made a big mistake in as hostile of an environment as it gets, yet he didn't let it to get to him and he came back and threw an absolute dart to seal the game.

Agree, have seen it in multiple threads, comments, vids..ppl have glowing comments, then it just stops short..lol. "But but..I am not trying to say he is the guy!" Lolol

"Brock is amazing, doing elite things, you don't see this really, laser accuracy, great under pressure, his mind is unshakable, omg the dots, look at the stats..look at this crazy chart, the layered throws are mind-blowing.." yada yada..then.."but I don't wanna say he is that guy and give him the crown yet, still a lot we gotta see from him.." or whatever the hell lol

Lol ppl say it prolly cause they fear they will look stupid later if they are somehow wrong. They gotta look knowledgeable, after all lol.

It's ok to get your balls wet..he is the guy lol. I gave him all the crowns, jewels and perfume at the Seahawks game last year. And that didn't change with the 3 game skid. He is the next great 9er qb. If he stays healthy, skies the limit.

😂
That is a great take
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I thought I saw a defender right on top of him about 10yds off ready make a tackle should he get the ball. Theoretically it should a first down but maybe not much more.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/highlights/play/type/san-francisco-49ers/2023/12/PUR243289/2023112302/3514

I want to know what happened on the 1st qtr scramble that he launched to Jennings. Never got a replay on that one.

Jennings was stuck in quicksand. That was a great throw and off schedule play from Purdy.

I hope we get an all-22 view of it this week, want to know what happened.

Yep, I also want to watch the Seattle CBS, Woolen and Witherspoon. Young and good. They had an impact on what was available.

Only reason I'm not saying Brock is "great" yet is because I believe you need to have a couple years of playing at a high level, consistency. Not one year. Outside of that, he's done everything else. Just needs to keep it up. Keep growing.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Great post, bro. I don't understand the hesitation either. Who F'in cares if we're "wrong " later. People are so damn consumed with cancel culture and "gotcha" moments. Just waiting around to say "I told you so." It's ridiculous.

Is there some homerism in crowning him so soon? Sure. Did I jump the gun buying his jersey after last year's Seattle game? Maybe. But he looked and continues to look SPECIAL. So why hold back? Doesn't make sense to me.

Originally posted by 49erF90:

It really was. Glad you got to go to the game!

He didn't just go, he was in the game!
Originally posted by dj43:

Yep, I also want to watch the Seattle CBS, Woolen and Witherspoon. Young and good. They had an impact on what was available.

Woolen was benched by the 3rd qtr
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by dj43:

Woolen was benched by the 3rd qtr

Not sure why that was the case. He had been the starter and playing well. Jackson does have a better rating as a run defender.

...on to Purdy.
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
my least fav part of this BP Alaska Air commercial, he calls an audible and heads to Cabo
now I don't know about you, but I don't like the sound of that

Yup…I thought I was the only one. Should be "Las Vegas"

Cabo is probably the worst vacation I've taken. it's only resorts. I prefer to be in an area where there is actually a city that isn't insanely ghetto. I liked cancun way better
I didn't get to see the last half of the game. Saw the highlights and last TD to Brock was filthy.
Share 49ersWebzone