There are 329 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Don't think the guys that pounded the table for Brock in the draft, even realized how good he would be.

Of course not, no one thought he'd be this good
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Don't think the guys that pounded the table for Brock in the draft, even realized how good he would be.

Of course not, no one thought he'd be this good

Brock_STAR Montana Purdy is better than expectations.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Brock Purdy IS elite.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Brock Purdy IS elite.

Stud
I knew something was different about Brock when he came in during the Miami game last year. He looked extremely calm and just looked like he belonged. He did not do anything to great as a QB for say however he just took control. I have not seen that before and it's not a normal rookie reaction to being thrown in a game like that. Here's to it staying that way
I went back today to re-look at the pick-six. I watched it in slo-mo from three angles. Here is what I saw:

In short, the throw was on target as to the line CMC was running. #90 tipped the ball straight up in the air slightly. The lateral angle showed the ball go up and begin to wobble. CMC reached straight up with his right hand and tipped it higher to where Brooks picked it.

Had it not been tipped at the LOS, I have no doubt CMC would have caught it and made some yards. His route was crossing the face of the safety who would have had to made a great turn to come back and make the tackle to save a first down.

The DL made a great play on a good throw. Unlucky, but that is football.
Originally posted by dj43:
I went back today to re-look at the pick-six. I watched it in slo-mo from three angles. Here is what I saw:

In short, the throw was on target as to the line CMC was running. #90 tipped the ball straight up in the air slightly. The lateral angle showed the ball go up and begin to wobble. CMC reached straight up with his right hand and tipped it higher to where Brooks picked it.

Had it not been tipped at the LOS, I have no doubt CMC would have caught it and made some yards. His route was crossing the face of the safety who would have had to made a great turn to come back and make the tackle to save a first down.

The DL made a great play on a good throw. Unlucky, but that is football.

Yeah, idk how some still don't understand this. Lmao it's part of football and it happens, sometimes a defender makes a great play. It sucks but at least it wasn't a terrible read/throw like we've seen in the past. I can live with these kind of turnovers, just hope to rarely see them.
Originally posted by tankle104:

they'd literally never shut up about it
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by tankle104:

they'd literally never shut up about it

It's such an awesome play though. Brock makes so many awesome plays and it's so exciting as a fun to know every play has a chance to be awesome.

I am starting to feel like maybe Brock Purdy should have been drafted sooner than the last pick of the draft

If anyone did they would have been tapdancing on the table, hijacking the draft phone and calling in the pick themselves.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Great post, bro. I don't understand the hesitation either. Who F'in cares if we're "wrong " later. People are so damn consumed with cancel culture and "gotcha" moments. Just waiting around to say "I told you so." It's ridiculous.

Is there some homerism in crowning him so soon? Sure. Did I jump the gun buying his jersey after last year's Seattle game? Maybe. But he looked and continues to look SPECIAL. So why hold back? Doesn't make sense to me.

I am a doe, not a bro but thanks and I could not agree more . Lol love the word, "homerism". Fast jersey purchases, I got a Brock jersey pretty early on but no purchase I ever make will be faster than my Kap jersey purchase lol. The only person who had a jersey faster than me was probably Kap lol. He was from my home town and then he signed to my fave NFL team? It was so fast ppl locally were like, "Hot damn that was quick..how did you even?" Ppl I knew that worked at UNR were like, "You must be super excited, I didn't even know those were out" lol. And I was like.."uh eheh..yeahh uhh".. "I ..uhh"..lol.

But yeah, the importance of being right on social media is a bit of a disease lol. I have b***hed about Wilks probably more than anyone lol but I can't say s**t about him after yesterday. Looks like I am pretty wrong about my thinking of how he couldn't and won't adjust, a lost cause stuck in his own ways. I am glad that I am likely wrong, I ate some crow yesterday along with my turkey and that is a-ok with me lol.

Originally posted by Furlow:

Got some laughs from this. This is exactly what I am saying. It's ok to be wrong. If Kyle/Lynch have been wrong about some things, we sure as hell will be too. Why would we be exempt? Lol. And yeah..ppl being quick to dimiss Purdy after the 3 game skid, saying he was exposed haha..I never understood that. I mean..lol
[ Edited by Montana on Nov 24, 2023 at 11:20 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Koldo:
Brock Purdy IS elite.

Generational Talent.
Share 49ersWebzone