There are 195 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I'd like to bring something up and this may not be the best thread, but I think it makes the most sense.

While I do see Purdy sometimes throws a ball a tad high...... why the hell do kittle and all the receivers keep jumping to catch the ball instead of extending their arms and pulling it in with their hands? This kills a ton of yac opportunities. I'm noticing it more and more every week and when you watch the replay you realize the ball is fine and they have almost no need to hop or jump but it seems they don't like using their arms and hands like that.

As a rule, you want to jump up to shield the ball from the defender rather than extend your arms and allow the defender to swipe at it. Of course that may sound silly when you have ten yards of separation...
Originally posted by Tman:
Losing THREE first round picks on a failed QB pick has all but been forgotten. That in and of itself speaks volumes on how legit this dude is playing.

The only time I even think about those three picks, which is rare, Is when I look at how our oline was built. You have to imagine that we would have 3 more guys on our offensive/defensive line.

this year it's evident we are lacking any blue chip talent on the offensive line, outside of Trent. Then before the gregory & young trade, it was clear we didn't have any young cheap talent on the d line.
Originally posted by picklejuice:

Are you like stalking his families Facebook or something from like 12 years ago? Lmao
Originally posted by dj43:
I'd like to bring something up and this may not be the best thread, but I think it makes the most sense.

While I do see Purdy sometimes throws a ball a tad high...... why the hell do kittle and all the receivers keep jumping to catch the ball instead of extending their arms and pulling it in with their hands? This kills a ton of yac opportunities. I'm noticing it more and more every week and when you watch the replay you realize the ball is fine and they have almost no need to hop or jump but it seems they don't like using their arms and hands like that.

As a rule, you want to jump up to shield the ball from the defender rather than extend your arms and allow the defender to swipe at it. Of course that may sound silly when you have ten yards of separation...

Yes lol I feel like Kittle and Aiyuk do it a lot when they don't have to. I also think they are still getting used to turning around and seeing a ball already coming at them in stride.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Losing THREE first round picks on a failed QB pick has all but been forgotten. That in and of itself speaks volumes on how legit this dude is playing.

The only time I even think about those three picks, which is rare, Is when I look at how our oline was built. You have to imagine that we would have 3 more guys on our offensive/defensive line.

this year it's evident we are lacking any blue chip talent on the offensive line, outside of Trent. Then before the gregory & young trade, it was clear we didn't have any young cheap talent on the d line.

The one good thing about not having those 3 1sts is their contracts may have prevented us from adding the guys we've added. We may not have needed them if we hit on those 3.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

The one good thing about not having those 3 1sts is their contracts may have prevented us from adding the guys we've added. We may not have needed them if we hit on those 3.

Yeah, solid point. There are pros and cons to everything. Only arguement id say to that is that they'd be late first round picks, so much more affordable than a contract like Treys contract.

overall, hindsight is 20/20 and with our track record - it's likely we would of blown those picks anyways. Lol but really that's the only time I think about those blown picks, is our lines potentially being better.

going into this year, our o line and d line were lacking. O lines depth is still really rough, but we've fixed up our d line through some awesome trades.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I love this thread

https://www.seahawks.net/threads/i'm-callin-it-brock-purdy-is-him.188648/

That FrodosFinger is wrong every time he posts lol.
Originally posted by goodthings19:
I am starting to feel like maybe Brock Purdy should have been drafted sooner than the last pick of the draft

You think
  • Disp
  • Veteran

They've been watching too many Vernon Davis highlights.

Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I love this thread

https://www.seahawks.net/threads/i'm-callin-it-brock-purdy-is-him.188648/

That FrodosFinger is wrong every time he posts lol.

it's hilarious how they just repeat a lot of stale talking points about late round draft picks, i dont think they ever saw purdy play

Are you like stalking his families Facebook or something from like 12 years ago? Lmao

Is it his little brother on the right who plays for Nebraska? Kind of looks like him.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Is it his little brother on the right who plays for Nebraska? Kind of looks like him.

That's Preston (Chubba) Purdy. He started the final two games this season at Nebraska. He did OK with a mediocre cast. He's an inch taller than Brock, according to stats.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

AB, how can a team be competitive when 85m is invested in two players? That's what its gonna be.
Great angle. Also one comment: "LOL best part of t his video is all the 2012th Man heading towards the exists."

Share 49ersWebzone