There are 184 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BrockIsHim:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Lol Grant Cohn says Brock struggled against the Seahawks and all opposing teams have to do is cover the top 2 receivers Aiyuk and Kittle.

Luckily we still have Debo and CMC.

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/why-49ers-qb-brock-purdy-struggled-against-the-seahawks

Wasn't he saying that Brock wasn't good because Deebo and Williams were out? Take away any team's good players on offense and see how well they perform. Hurts would be doo-doo without Swift and Brown.

Yah takeaway Jason Kelce and AJ Brown then see how well they do!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Lol Grant Cohn says Brock struggled against the Seahawks and all opposing teams have to do is cover the top 2 receivers Aiyuk and Kittle.

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/why-49ers-qb-brock-purdy-struggled-against-the-seahawks

Wasn't he saying that Brock wasn't good because Deebo and Williams were out? Take away any team's good players on offense and see how well they perform. Hurts would be doo-doo without Swift and Brown.

My thoughts exactly.
The reason ppl have doubted BP: they are stupid

Originally posted by Montana:

No it's because most of his critics still look at physical traits rather than actual play. No question the talent and coaching have helped him but he was also way more prepared than many QBs. He didn't come out after one or two seasons. Of course he still had to adapt to the NFL speed and defenses but he's obviously really smart and learned quickly.

NFL GMs need to start looking more at these guys that played well for 3 or 4 seasons for one team and stop focusing on the combine numbers. The failure rate for some of the really gifted QBs is way too high.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
No it's because most of his critics still look up their own a*****e rather than actual play. No question the talent and coaching have helped him but he was also way more prepared than many QBs. He didn't come out after one or two seasons. Of course he still had to adapt to the NFL speed and defenses but he's obviously really smart and learned quickly.

NFL GMs need to start looking more at these guys that played well for 3 or 4 seasons for one team and stop focusing on the combine numbers. The failure rate for some of the really gifted QBs is way too high.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

No it's because most of his critics still look at physical traits rather than actual play. No question the talent and coaching have helped him but he was also way more prepared than many QBs. He didn't come out after one or two seasons. Of course he still had to adapt to the NFL speed and defenses but he's obviously really smart and learned quickly.

Hopefully, whatever process used to evaluate Lance was thrown out. Not that he still couldn't be successful, but taking him where we did is a lesson I hope we've learned well!

Anybody with this O-line minus TW would likely struggle.
Originally posted by TyCore:
Anybody with this O-line minus TW would likely struggle.

But guys were op......ok.
Just watched CJ Stroud have 6+ seconds to survey the field in the redzone and throw a touchdown . I can't think a of time when Brock Purdy had all day to survey the field and throw, especially in the redzone.
[ Edited by Shorteous on Nov 26, 2023 at 11:00 AM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:

He had rough outings without Lane Johnson already. And if he's out again today?

Originally posted by Shorteous:
Just watched CJ Stroud have 6+ seconds to survey the field in the redzone and throw a touchdown . I can't think a of time when Brock Purdy had all day to survey the field and throw, especially in the redzone.

Yeah, I'm hoping they invest in oline since Niners are pretty much a complete team. Really need to protect the franchise QB more. Need to find a replacement for Trent Williams sooner than later.
[ Edited by Alfienator on Nov 26, 2023 at 11:08 AM ]
Originally posted by Alfienator:

Yeah, I'm hoping they invest in oline since Niners are pretty much a complete team. Really need to protect the franchise QB more. Need to find a replacement for Trent Williams sooner than later.

I could be wrong but I think our extended "window" depends on them doing that.

And strongarmsexuals

Texans O line is top 5 in pass pro this season.
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Texans O line is top 5 in pass pro this season.

It's amazing to me that after so many years of football analytics people still rarely factor in Online play when evaluating players.
Share 49ersWebzone