There are 254 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bzborow1:
All true. If I was to rank Brock I would put him below the elite tier of QBs at this point. His numbers and performance pass the smell test for sure, but the reality is that he hasn't won anything yet. Brock's status as elite will be written by his performance in the playoffs and his performance against elite opposition. Using a boxing analogy, a contender doesn't become the champ until he beats the champ. Patrick Mahomes earned his respect on the field, Purdy has a shot now.

I love Brock Purdy. It's obvious that he's got that leader mojo on the field. We're all waiting to see Brock against the elite QBs and teams and how he does in the playoffs. Looking forward to it. Can he engineer comebacks? Can we beat the eagles, bengals, and Chiefs?
What have Josh and Lamar won?
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
All true. If I was to rank Brock I would put him below the elite tier of QBs at this point. His numbers and performance pass the smell test for sure, but the reality is that he hasn't won anything yet. Brock's status as elite will be written by his performance in the playoffs and his performance against elite opposition. Using a boxing analogy, a contender doesn't become the champ until he beats the champ. Patrick Mahomes earned his respect on the field, Purdy has a shot now.

I love Brock Purdy. It's obvious that he's got that leader mojo on the field. We're all waiting to see Brock against the elite QBs and teams and how he does in the playoffs. Looking forward to it. Can he engineer comebacks? Can we beat the eagles, bengals, and Chiefs?
Has Lamar won a playoff game?
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

That throw seriously.
He avoids the pressure, runs to his right, keeps his eyes downfield, doesn't care about Juice or Deebo that could have got a first down. He just throws effortless a great pass to Kittle downfield. He had a similar play after that for Deebo. Look, we'll see what he does for the rest of the season but he's a baller, I can say that at least.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bud49:

Great point! Brock's 2-0 in the playoffs when healthy. 👀
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Please stunt on these hoes.
Originally posted by pdc20:
Originally posted by tankle104:

That throw seriously.
He avoids the pressure, runs to his right, keeps his eyes downfield, doesn't care about Juice or Deebo that could have got a first down. He just throws effortless a great pass to Kittle downfield. He had a similar play after that for Deebo. Look, we'll see what he does for the rest of the season but he's a baller, I can say that at least.

Williams and Feliciano used to play together on the Giants, I wonder if that played a part in getting the edge in pass rush.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Please stunt on these hoes.

best qb in the nfc of course he will
https://www.forbes.com/sites/leonardarmato/2023/11/24/brock-purdy-salary-of-8600000-screams-for-nfl--to-change-qb-pay/?sh=25f26b2d653e

no it doesn't Forbes shut ur goddam mouth
Originally posted by Giedi:

I haven't watched anyone else's analysis yet because I'm still finishing mine up and try and avoid any accidental plagiarism, so I'm ignorant as to what people have seen.

But, I am so freaking impressed with Brock Purdy. He's showing everything you could want from a QB in spades. He's on time, so freaking often. Disguise, post-snap shift of the defense, doesn't matter. He made so many high level plays this game.
I'm going to show a couple as teasers this morning on my pod at 7 AM PST. But there were 2 plays to open the game that were so high level from the neck up QB play.
His anticipation and timing on his throws is something we haven't seen since Young. It's been what I've been clamoring for, pretty much my whole time here.

It's why I wasn't as high on Kaepernick because he was always a tick slow on the timing - there was always an extra hitch in there. It's why I backed Jimmy because he was on time more than anyone else we'd had. Purdy is on another level from all the QB's we've had since I've been watching film, from an on-time perspective. The offense is running with the kind of timing and precision we used to see from Young/Montana. I really hate to say things like that and make comparisons like that so young in a guys career but it's true.

The stuff he's doing and in this offense is what got me interested in the scheme of offensive football in the first place and to see it run at this high level is just so fun to watch. Then, he's able to do the off-schedule stuff and make something out of nothing.
For real, the guy is showing everything you'd want from a QB. It's really something and kind of hard to believe for a 2nd year, 7th round pick.

If ANY of the first round QB's from 2021 were even playing like him this year, people would be talking about the next great, elite level signal caller on the block.
[ Edited by jonnydel on Nov 27, 2023 at 5:02 AM ]

Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by Giedi:

I haven't watched anyone else's analysis yet because I'm still finishing mine up and try and avoid any accidental plagiarism, so I'm ignorant as to what people have seen.

But, I am so freaking impressed with Brock Purdy. He's showing everything you could want from a QB in spades. He's on time, so freaking often. Disguise, post-snap shift of the defense, doesn't matter. He made so many high level plays this game.
I'm going to show a couple as teasers this morning on my pod at 7 AM PST. But there were 2 plays to open the game that were so high level from the neck up QB play.
His anticipation and timing on his throws is something we haven't seen since Young. It's been what I've been clamoring for, pretty much my whole time here.

It's why I wasn't as high on Kaepernick because he was always a tick slow on the timing - there was always an extra hitch in there. It's why I backed Jimmy because he was on time more than anyone else we'd had. Purdy is on another level from all the QB's we've had since I've been watching film, from an on-time perspective. The offense is running with the kind of timing and precision we used to see from Young/Montana. I really hate to say things like that and make comparisons like that so young in a guys career but it's true.

The stuff he's doing and in this offense is what got me interested in the scheme of offensive football in the first place and to see it run at this high level is just so fun to watch. Then, he's able to do the off-schedule stuff and make something out of nothing.
For real, the guy is showing everything you'd want from a QB. It's really something and kind of hard to believe for a 2nd year, 7th round pick.

If ANY of the first round QB's from 2021 were even playing like him this year, people would be talking about the next great, elite level signal caller on the block.

His anticipation throws are elite, and from what we've seen lately, his deep throws are getting to that level as well! Is there a ceiling? How can there be when he's never satisfied with how well he plays, always focusing on how he could have played better
I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet but I just want to share how it feels to beat the Seahawks on thanksgiving night when it's our turn to feast on their field this time around. I remember the bitter taste of that loss and when they did the same thing in Levi's. Just gave a check on that box.
Kyler Murray has the shortest arms of any starting QB in the league at 28.5. Purdy is next at 29.0. Everyone else is like 30/31+. Maybe this is one of the reasons why his release is so compact, smooth, and quick?
Originally posted by 49erF90:
I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet but I just want to share how it feels to beat the Seahawks on thanksgiving night when it's our turn to feast on their field this time around. I remember the bitter taste of that loss and when they did the same thing in Levi's. Just gave a check on that box.

Yes and an MVP./
Share 49ersWebzone