There are 271 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Acho is often right. He is the best on that show full of idiots. LOL. He also often says really great things about Purdy and the 49ers. He is a great evaluator. Acho loves Warner too and makes film breakdowns about him.
System QB has become a euphemism for not very good. Every QB has some good and some bad traits. It's really rare for any QB to have all the physical traits and all the mental aspects needed to be truly great. Every team has some type of system that they use. If the QB doesn't fit their system they fail. End of story. Brock fits Kyle's system and that's why they win. JG was the same to some degree but didn't have the quick recognition that Brock has. As physically gifted as Allen is I don't know that the would be a great fit for Kyle.
I hope BP is absolutely ruthless this weekend
Originally posted by Montana:

That would be great, I'm sick of all talking heads deep throating Jalen.
Originally posted by Alfienator:

That would be great, I'm sick of all talking heads deep throating Jalen.

it's the QB battle for our time
today's Brady vs Manning
these games will decide the conference
Brockdacity
  • thl408

Brocky Balboa gonna knock them out.

They better clean up the pass pro because if Seattle's 53 was Haason Reddick, we'd see a repeat of last year's NFCC.
Originally posted by thl408:

Best one yet.
Originally posted by Heroism:

They better clean up the pass pro because if Seattle's 53 was Haason Reddick, we'd see a repeat of last year's NFCC.

Best thing to do is run the ball right at Reddick early and often. Also, no playaction rollouts to the left where Purdy's bilnd side is flipped momentarily. Let Purdy keep Reddick in front of him.

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by BrockIsHim:
Maybe even stronger than pre-surgery. Recall early in the season he was missing those open deep throws. Clearly he's been working on improving that and it shows! Whatever perceived weakness haters have tried to pin on him, he's been quieting those doubters

Yea it's funny how "people" found time to post during that 3 game skid. Not so much now that he's Purdy good again. But there was no agendas.

Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Originally posted by thl408:

Best one yet.

We need to take over the Link and after crushing the Eagles chant "Brocky! Brocky"!
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

tired of the is it Brock or is it the system debate. It's both. System means coaching, playcalling, talent around, we are elite in all those respects. That helps Brock be who he is. obviously he has game, or the results would be whatever Trey Lance was doing

I have never in my life...including the Montana and Young years, seen so many layered throws

Sure Montana dominated with Slants and Young was a better Post thrower.....but Brock has very rare (from my perspective) accuracy and anticipation to throw layered passes.

Besides that.... I have not watched a ballgame in years that did not run some version of a timing offense.

System QB came into vogue in the 80s to explain what Montana was doing with the WCO. All it meant at that time was the QB had a simplified read on the defense. You took one read at a time....mostly off of time, some times off of area. Roll right...you had an A read and a B read. Or the QB had Read 1 and 4 at step 3 and read 2 and 3 at step 5 based on the choice the QB made dropping back (time based). That was in contrast to say Dan Marino that had 4 reads simultaneously.

It use to mean how many balls can the QB keep in the air as he was juggling reads, ie mental power and does he have the arm to be a threat on all those reads. Marino could threaten any part of the field at any time, Joe had his skill players routed back to the middle of the field to counter act his weaker arm.

when "system QB" was coined....WRs did not go over the middle of the field. The 49ers having 2 WRs over 6 foot 200 pounds was a REALLY big deal. It would be the equivalent of the current 49ers having 2 6-5 250 pounds guys today. The 49er WRs were approaching TE size for some teams. The 49ers had lineman that were 6-3 250 pounds compared to Dwight Clark at 6-4 220 pounds. Could you imagine a WR 30-40 pounds lighter than a current lineman? dude would massive.

So yeah, "system" QB had pre snap reads, easy progression, and WRs willing to work with his arm strength by going over the middle.

We all see it every week, there is no team that does not throw in the middle of the field now. There is no team that does not run timing routs with rout trees.

System QB does not mean anything these days.
I'm curious what percentage of Purdy's yards are YAC as compared to previous Shanahan QBs.

It appears that Purdy is doing more of the heavy lifting in this offense, which makes me feel he's adding to the system, not just a product of the system.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I'm curious what percentage of Purdy's yards are YAC as compared to previous Shanahan QBs.

It appears that Purdy is doing more of the heavy lifting in this offense, which makes me feel he's adding to the system, not just a product of the system.

i have a feeling Shanny will once again call the TE - ALL AROUND play that got his self watching the Super Bowl in the comfort of his daddy Mike's living room.
Share 49ersWebzone