Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Some people don't realize that's Charlie Woerner at the checkdown. Wideopen for a 1st down for sure but thinking it's a TD, they just don't know how slow Woerner is.

From jonnydel and JTO's breakdown of this play, we now know Aiyuk adjusted his route to Brock throwing him open, all within a nano second. Good s**t between Brock and Aiyuk
Nah, Brock was like Eff Kyle, BA I'm throwing you the ball for a touchdown. None of this playing it safe BS that Kyle wants.

This
not this lol

in no way was he going against Kyle

It's not "against Kyle." Kyle put the damn play in himself lol. But Kyle literally said he couldn't believe he threw it and that he "held his breath." Said that the right read was the checkdown for 12 yards (which by every film analysis I've seen, is correct). But Purdy had the guts and the ability to knife that throw in there; it's what makes him special. Of course Kyle is happy about it, it was a great result, but it is absolutely not what Kyle would have chosen to do (if he himself were the QB on the field).
you don't know what Kyle thinks or would do, just stop projecting

his presser said usually you check down, usually doesn't mean you check down everytime.

You don't know either, so why are you projecting? Lol. Dude stop with these weak ass arguments that can easily be turned around on you.

Usually means "correct" in the coach's mind.
i'm not saying i know what he thinks and I, calling you out on it doesn't project anything. it's just calling you out on your BS

usually doesn't mean correct in any language or mind lol

I thought you were following along with this conversation, my bad. "Usually" means "correct" in reference to the right read on a play.

And you are absolutely saying what he thinks, or what your opinion is. That's what we're all giving here, our opinion. Hell Kyle himself only has an "opinion" of what the "right" read is on a play. Especially if he think the right read is a checkdown, and Purdy ends up throwing a TD to a different player. What the two of them are forming together is normal and healthy for a coach and playcaller. Not sure why some of you have this desire to make it seem like they're playing Madden; this is actual real life football lol.
it's cause and effect and what usually happens in those situations.

there is no right or wrong here nor Kyle saying it, like you are projecting it to be.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Some people don't realize that's Charlie Woerner at the checkdown. Wideopen for a 1st down for sure but thinking it's a TD, they just don't know how slow Woerner is.

From jonnydel and JTO's breakdown of this play, we now know Aiyuk adjusted his route to Brock throwing him open, all within a nano second. Good s**t between Brock and Aiyuk
Nah, Brock was like Eff Kyle, BA I'm throwing you the ball for a touchdown. None of this playing it safe BS that Kyle wants.

This
not this lol

It's not "against Kyle." Kyle put the damn play in himself lol. But Kyle literally said he couldn't believe he threw it and that he "held his breath." Said that the right read was the checkdown for 12 yards (which by every film analysis I've seen, is correct). But Purdy had the guts and the ability to knife that throw in there; it's what makes him special. Of course Kyle is happy about it, it was a great result, but it is absolutely not what Kyle would have chosen to do (if he himself were the QB on the field).

his presser said usually you check down, usually doesn't mean you check down everytime.

You don't know either, so why are you projecting? Lol. Dude stop with these weak ass arguments that can easily be turned around on you.

i'm not saying i know what he thinks and I, calling you out on it doesn't project anything. it's just calling you out on your BS

I thought you were following along with this conversation, my bad. "Usually" means "correct" in reference to the right read on a play.

And you are absolutely saying what he thinks, or what your opinion is. That's what we're all giving here, our opinion. Hell Kyle himself only has an "opinion" of what the "right" read is on a play. Especially if he think the right read is a checkdown, and Purdy ends up throwing a TD to a different player. What the two of them are forming together is normal and healthy for a coach and playcaller. Not sure why some of you have this desire to make it seem like they're playing Madden; this is actual real life football lol.

there is no right or wrong here nor Kyle saying it, like you are projecting it to be.

There is no right or wrong IF the result is positive. Just imagine that Purdy threw an INT on that pass to Aiyuk; do you think Kyle would say it was the "correct" read? Hell no. Kyle was very clear if you just listen and don't have a bias - the right read (for our conservative coach) was the checkdown because it was wide open, we had the lead, it would have moved the chains, it was safe.

Kyle is a conservative minded head coach, weird that you and a few others keep trying to make it sound like he wants to air it out down the field like the 90's Oilers.
There is no right or wrong IF the result is positive. Just imagine that Purdy threw an INT on that pass to Aiyuk; do you think Kyle would say it was the "correct" read? Hell no. Kyle was very clear if you just listen and don't have a bias - the right read (for our conservative coach) was the checkdown because it was wide open, we had the lead, it would have moved the chains, it was safe.

Kyle is a conservative minded head coach, weird that you and a few others keep trying to make it sound like he wants to air it out down the field like the 90's Oilers.

Not being Mike Martz doesn't make him conservative. He does want to push the ball down the field in the pass game. What he doesn't want to do is have his QB throw down the field into coverage. I guarantee in film study when he sees what Brock sees instead of just quickly watching from the sideline he will be happy with the decision.

Just like in 2016, if you give him a QB he can trust he will tell him to let it rip.
this is a 15 round title fight

on Brocky Balboa week, of all weeks
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Nov 28, 2023 at 11:39 AM ]

This
not this lol

there you go projecting again and kyle said usually, not right or wrong.
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Nov 28, 2023 at 11:41 AM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Not being Mike Martz doesn't make him conservative. He does want to push the ball down the field in the pass game. What he doesn't want to do is have his QB throw down the field into coverage. I guarantee in film study when he sees what Brock sees instead of just quickly watching from the sideline he will be happy with the decision.

Just like in 2016, if you give him a QB he can trust he will tell him to let it rip.

.... and how did 2016 end up for Kyle ??
Originally posted by 9moon:
.... and how did 2016 end up for Kyle ??

Bad because his boss didn't know how to get a defensive stop.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

This
not this lol

He had his chance, NFCCG

Faithful be like...

this dude is clearly holding us back

• Furlow
  • Veteran

Kyle's offenses are routinely in the top 5 in rush attempts per game/season. Even in 2016 with the Falcons (Ryan MVP) they were 12th. He wants to run the ball and play defense. That is the definition of "conservative" in football terms. How is this even a debate?

Again, He's happy with the decision because it worked. It's not what's in his "blood" as a coach. It just isn't and never will be. Luckily for us we have the perfect complement for Kyle, a QB with a gunslinger mentality. They are a perfect pair.

Edit: In 2016, the Falcons were 26th in pass attempts. Not exactly "letting it rip" lol.
[ Edited by Furlow on Nov 28, 2023 at 11:51 AM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

This
not this lol

Here you go incorrectly using the word projecting again. Just join the debate, or leave. Crying is weak.

Kyle's offenses are routinely in the top 5 in rush attempts per game/season. Even in 2016 with the Falcons (Ryan MVP) they were 12th. He wants to run the ball and play defense. That is the definition of "conservative" in football terms. How is this even a debate?

Again, He's happy with the decision because it worked. It's not what's in his "blood" as a coach. It just isn't and never will be. Luckily for us we have the perfect complement for Kyle, a QB with a gunslinger mentality. They are a perfect pair.

Edit: In 2016, the Falcons were 26th in pass attempts. Not exactly "letting it rip" lol.
pass atts vs run atts doesn't show how the offenses worked or philosophy.

Ryan didn't win MVP on being carried by Run
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I'm not sure I've ever seen a winning team where the HC and QB don't get along or aren't on the same page. Pretty hard to win when they aren't.

It's a symbiosis. The best QB's make the best HC better and vice versa.

I wonder if Purdy is making Kyle draw up new stuff. It's obvious Kyle knows and understands all intricacies of football. You can tell he is happily amazed at what Purdy is doing and the throws/decisions he makes just continue to elevate. It must feel quite liberating because we all know its incredibly hard to find a franchise qb.

I would think he is. As Purdy develops as a QB, I can see Kyle adjusting his offense to expand Purdy's game. There are more deeper throws now vs under Jimmy, for example. The only thing I would adjust on Kyle's offense (assuming they can keep Aiyuk, Deebo, CMC and Kittle) is the offensive line. I'd love a offensive line like the old Redskin offensive lines looked like. Now that was more of a gap/power OLine, but I'd like another Banks at right guard and of course a top flight right tackle that can go left if Trent Williams decides to go to canton, add in a all pro center. I ain't greedy!

This
not this lol

Here you go incorrectly using the word projecting again. Just join the debate, or leave. Crying is weak.

Furlow and Att right now

They are a perfect pair because finally Kyle has a guy who can execute every throw like Ryan did. As they get comfortable with one another there will be more attacking.

This
not this lol

your lame ass takes are weak. you are projecting your inability to take bias out of it..

I'ved joined the debate. Purdy made an awesome throw.. and no other BS take on top of that throw is needed. what so hard about accepting that?
Share 49ersWebzone