LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 244 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I find it interesting that Dak is starting to get MVP hype and Hurts is the odds favorite when you compare them to Purdy.

................. Att....Cmp.....Pct........Yds .......YPA ...TD....TD %..... Int.... Int%...Sack...Rate
Purdy.........305... 214.....70.2 .....2,871......9.4.....19..... 6.2 ....... 6 .... 2.0 ..... 21.....112.3
Prescott.....370 ...259.....70.0..... 2,935 .....7.9 ....23 ....6.2......... 6.....1.6........22 ....107.4
Hurts .........358....242.....67.6...... 2,697....7.5 ....18 ....5.0 ........10.... 2.8 .......29..... 94.9

Dak and Purdy almost have identical #s. The major difference is Purdy throws for more YPA and Dak has 4 more TD passes. Purdy has 60 less yards passing on 65 less passes thrown. Meaning if he threw as many passes as Dak he would have significantly more yards.

Hurts has significantly worse passing statistics in a lot of categories. You do have to to take into account his 13 rushing TDS to Daks and Purdys 2 rushing TDS. which is a lot but almost all of these are from the tush push at the goal line. He has about 300 more yards rushing then Purdy and Dak but nothing crazy.

When you Compare Dak with Purdy. Yes, they have very similar stats. You could make a case for either based just off their stats. But then you got to take into account the Cowboys schedule and how the Cowboys haven't beaten anyone. So I am sorry but Purdy has to be ahead of Dak.

With Hurts (who also has an absolutely stacked team) The Eagles do have the best record and that does count for something. But does his rushing statistics make up for the far worse passing stats? If they didn't rush those TDs with the tush push I am guessing those TDs are picked up by the their RB anyways. But i can already tell they are going to use these rushing TDs as a reason to give him the MVP this season.
[ Edited by Bloodless on Nov 29, 2023 at 12:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Bloodless:
I find it interesting that Dak is starting to get MVP hype and Hurts is the odds favorite when you compare them to Purdy.

------------- Att Cmp Pct Yds YPA TD TD % Int Int% Sack Rate
Purdy----- 305 214 70.2 2,871 9.4 19 6.2 6 2.0 21 112.3
Prescott--- 370 259 70.0 2,935 7.9 23 6.2 6 1.6 22 107.4
Hurts ------ 358 242 67.6 2,697 7.5 18 5.0 10 2.8 29 94.9

I find it interesting that Dak and Purdy almost have identical #s. The major difference is Purdy throws for more YPA and Dak has 4 more TD passes. Purdy has 60 less yards passing on 65 less passes thrown. Meaning if he threw as many passes as Dak he would have significantly more yards.

Hurts has significantly worse passing statistics in a lot of categories. You do have to to take into account his 13 rushing TDS to Dkas and Purdys 2 rushing TDS. which is a lot but almost all of these are from the tush push at the goal line. He has about 300 more yards rushing then Purdy and Dak but nothing crazy.

When you Compare Dak with Purdy. Yes, they have very similar stats. You could make a case for either based just off their stats. But then you got to take into account the Cowboys schedule and how the Cowboys haven't beaten anyone. So I am sorry but Purdy has to be ahead of Dak.

With Hurts (who also has an absolutely stacked team) The Eagles do have the best record and that does count for something. But does his rushing statistics make up for the far worse passing stats? If they didn't rush those TDs with the tush push I am guessing those TDs are picked up by the their RB anyways. But i can already tell they are going to use these rushing TDs as a reason to give him the MVP this season.

I'd give it to Wish

Top comment kind of funny in the context of the recent discussion in this thread
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Top comment kind of funny in the context of the recent discussion in this thread
so conservative and run centric
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Nov 29, 2023 at 12:48 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

so conservative and run centric

welp, now you have done it..
here we go, again

Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Patrick Mahomes
Steve Young

And

BROCK MFin PURDY!!!!
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Patrick Mahomes
Steve Young

And

BROCK MFin PURDY!!!!

By far the youngest on that list if I'm not mistaken.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
The further you throw the ball down field, the less the success rate in the NFL. So imo, the more often you throw the ball down the field (20+ air yards) the more aggressive you are.

When I was comparing Brees to Brock throwing over distance...oddly I found both had better completion percentages at 40+ then 30+

So while what you say is probably true, it does appear in Brocks case 40 yard throws only happen when it is a more sure thing.

As far as aggressive offense goes...come on people... no one in the NFL has more completions over 10 yards then Brock.

While Shanmy does run a ball control offense... no one is better taking shots down the field.

One of the comments said we need to pass more on early downs. I don't understand that. We face the least amount of 3rd downs in the league. If Brock isn't passing much on early downs, when exactly is he throwing the ball?
Originally posted by YACBros85:
One of the comments said we need to pass more on early downs. I don't understand that. We face the least amount of 3rd downs in the league. If Brock isn't passing much on early downs, when exactly is he throwing the ball?

Lol, thats the Twitter for you.

I don't see how people can take serious issue with play selection. We're a juggernaut on offense that is putting up one of those most efficient seasons in history (as shown in this and various other statistics).

Originally posted by Waterbear:
By far the youngest on that list if I'm not mistaken.

Mahomes was younger in '18 than Purdy is now… but the other three QBs were years in for sure.
Just dropped in to see if BP is the still the best qb in the NFL..oh wait..it's been that way since he stepped on the field

Too bad for the sorry losers who didn't see it sooner or doubted him

Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Is this the Shanahan thread or the Jimmy thread?

It's the shimmy thread

💃
Originally posted by Bloodless:

................. Att....Cmp.....Pct........Yds .......YPA ...TD....TD %..... Int.... Int%...Sack...Rate
Purdy.........305... 214.....70.2 .....2,871......9.4.....19..... 6.2 ....... 6 .... 2.0 ..... 21.....112.3
Prescott.....370 ...259.....70.0..... 2,935 .....7.9 ....23 ....6.2......... 6.....1.6........22 ....107.4
Hurts .........358....242.....67.6...... 2,697....7.5 ....18 ....5.0 ........10.... 2.8 .......29..... 94.9

Dak and Purdy almost have identical #s. The major difference is Purdy throws for more YPA and Dak has 4 more TD passes. Purdy has 60 less yards passing on 65 less passes thrown. Meaning if he threw as many passes as Dak he would have significantly more yards.

Hurts has significantly worse passing statistics in a lot of categories. You do have to to take into account his 13 rushing TDS to Daks and Purdys 2 rushing TDS. which is a lot but almost all of these are from the tush push at the goal line. He has about 300 more yards rushing then Purdy and Dak but nothing crazy.

Not sure why they make this a QB award. Usually goes to a QB on one of the best teams. To me this year. If CMC finishes with over 2,000+ total yards and 20+ total TDs he should MVP. If Tyreek hits the 2k mark he too should be in the running. They both should be at the top of that list. Josh Allen should be the top QB on that list
[ Edited by krizay on Nov 29, 2023 at 1:57 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:
Not sure why they make this a QB award. Usually goes to a QB on one of the best teams. To me this year. If CMC finishes with over 2,000 yards and 20+ total TDs he should MVP. If Tyreek hits the 2k mark he too should be in the running. They both should be at the top of that list. Josh Allen should be the top QB on that list

Would agree with the idea that Josh Allen is the most deserving QB to this point, but there's no chance he gets the award if they miss the playoffs (which seems highly likely).

Definitely also agree that Tyreek is a top non QB candidate.
Share 49ersWebzone