LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 286 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
You got to love these odd opinions ^^

one thing that is factual is that every QB under Kyle has played better under him than anyone else.

Its also extremely disrespectful to Purdy to suggest the only difference between him and Jimmy is mentality.

No he's just better at every facet of QB play there is outside of release quickness. That's why it looks different.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

one thing that is factual is that every QB under Kyle has played better under him than anyone else.

Its also extremely disrespectful to Purdy to suggest the only difference between him and Jimmy is mentality.

No he's just better at every facet of QB play there is outside of release quickness. That's why it looks different.
I would include release in those facets

I would include release in those facets

I like the kid. Kinda reminds me of Drew Brees. The way he makes angles for himself and the confidence he's got in his touch.

I think he's better than JG. Especially since JG has been in the league for much longer.

I think he could be better than Garcia was, too. Too early to tell though.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Furlow:
And like I said, I believe that Purdy's play is what has elevated Kyle's offense, not the other way around. Not 100%. Maybe 80/20.

I get it. I asked you a specific question though because I want to piece your argument(s) together...

I'll re-post in the Jimmy thread.

I said it a lot in the off season but I think the most underrated aspect of Kyle/Brock combo is that they are very aligned in the way they see/process the game. Obviously this isn't something I can prove, but to me, I think Brock understands why Kyle calls certain plays and when - like what Kyle is trying to expose in the defense and/or set up later.

i think they also process the game the same way and see the game similar. I'm not trying to make this a Jimmy v Brock thing but I also felt like (and I'm pretty sure it's a fact at this point lol) jimmy and Kyle were disconnected in this way. Seemed like jimmy didn't quite understand why Kyle was calling what he was calling, almost like jimmy looked at the plays in a stand-alone basis, where Brock understands that Kyle is callin plays for 10 plays down the road.

i guess the best way I can say it is that it seems to me that Jimmy approached eat play on a stand-alone basis and attacked it that way (let's just try to get positive yards instead of attacking the play in a way that will open up plays later in the game). Whereas Brock attacks the plays in more of a chess like (methodical way) with more aggression.

no idea if I'm making sense. Hahah but I really appreciate the connection between Brock and Kyle.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Nov 30, 2023 at 1:15 AM ]
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

let's change the narrative. Kid needs to show up this weekend vs one of the top teams in the league on the road to shut people up….he's not gonna get the love until he beats the top dog.

Ryan Heath sounds like a dips**t. No one should care what he thinks.

He's ranking Brock's road stats against other QB overall stats?

FPG?

You really must have to dig for takes this dumb to trash the guy who took Lance's job.

He is a dips**t, and anyone trying to make some sort of point with it probably doesn't even understand it.

Case in point

Brock Home 132 rtg Away 95.6 rtg

Mahomes Home 99.9 rtg Away 91.9 rtg

Dak Home 129.3 rtg Away 88.8 rtg

Tau Home 117.3 rtg Away 92.5 rtg

Allen Home 109.7 rtg Away 80.0 rtg

Hurts Home 108.9 rtg Away 85.4 rtg

I miss anyone? Point is...shocker often is easier to run your offense at home

Boom!!!

maybe let NY know that if Mahomes Tua Allen & Hurts want to change THEIR narrative this year, they better play a lot better, like Purdy for instance.😂

Football is all about what have you done for me lately and this season Brock is playing better than the "top" quarterbacks statistically. At home AND on the road. I can't believe how badly this backfired in looking at road stats Every quarterback is worse on the road than at home.
[ Edited by elguapo on Nov 30, 2023 at 1:54 AM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

let's change the narrative. Kid needs to show up this weekend vs one of the top teams in the league on the road to shut people up….he's not gonna get the love until he beats the top dog.

Ryan Heath sounds like a dips**t. No one should care what he thinks.

He's ranking Brock's road stats against other QB overall stats?

FPG?

You really must have to dig for takes this dumb to trash the guy who took Lance's job.

He is a dips**t, and anyone trying to make some sort of point with it probably doesn't even understand it.

Case in point

Brock Home 132 rtg Away 95.6 rtg

Mahomes Home 99.9 rtg Away 91.9 rtg

Dak Home 129.3 rtg Away 88.8 rtg

Tau Home 117.3 rtg Away 92.5 rtg

Allen Home 109.7 rtg Away 80.0 rtg

Hurts Home 108.9 rtg Away 85.4 rtg

I miss anyone? Point is...shocker often is easier to run your offense at home

Boom!!!

maybe let NY know that if Mahomes Tua Allen & Hurts want to change THEIR narrative this year, they better play a lot better, like Purdy for instance.😂

Football is all about what have you done for me lately and this season Brock is playing better than the "top" quarterbacks statistically. At home AND on the road. I can't believe how badly this backfired in looking at road stats Every quarterback is worse on the road than at home.

Thanks for posting that Dshearn. I didn't look up all the top QB's passer ratings in away games right away but I did look up Brock's. And I was thinking Brock may not be as good on the road as he is at home but he he hasn't been bad on the road either. Now with your post, it looks like he has been better on the road than all the other top QB's. What a douchebag tweet and an obvious shade on Brock through a false narrative.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
This is why I responded to you in the other thread that I didn't think it was a clear out route on that particular play (but would wait to see All 22 at that time).

Again, this is a discussion that's actually about decision making within the offense… which is also where Jimmy was not up to snuff.

It's is entirely normal to have debates about which decision was the best decision within the offense, but there's no actual evidence that Kyle told Jimmy to not be aggressive in the pass game and ample evidence to suggest he struggled reading defenses and with field vision, and left plays all over the field.

Aiyuk's comments reflected that more than anything related to coaching.

Aiyuks comment about "there were plays when we knew we were never going to get the ball on the call"? Or essentially what he said?

Were Aiyuk's comments in relationship to who Kyle dialed up as the primary, or later in the progression (b/c of the QB's slow processing) and/or location on the field (where the QB may not attempt)?
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Undeniable. Remember all that talk about ghost routes and clearing routes? They all magically disappeared starting late last season.

Thats when Brock started calling his own plays in the huddle Varsity Blues style.

Careful, someone is going to believe you're serious.

Definitely not calling his own plays. But our receivers can't just take plays off and run lazy routes. You don't see much of that from BA and is probably why he has naturally become Brock's favorite target. Coverage dictates where the ball goes and no route is a clearing route. A checkdown is a missed opportunity to Brock according to what Kyle said.

There are absolutely clearing routes. And Deebo runs them lazily constantly. Watch some of JT's breakdowns (QB School on YouTube). It's maddening. Offense would be so much better if he ran every route with 100% effort.

Yeah, weird take. Eric Davis (9ers ex DB) talks about ghost and clearing routes all the time. As a DB you learn to recognize them quickly and a savvy veteran can come off them and make a play.

I think what YAC is trying to note here is that even if it's a clearing or ghost route, with Brock, you need to be aware you can't run that lazy because Brock might hit you. The Aiyuk TD is a good example of that. That was a design for a primary check down. And the other routes were designed to help open it up, hence why it was so wide open.

If anything, we just got insight into what Kyle doesn't want there which is the opposite of what some are implying; at least his preference.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 30, 2023 at 7:27 AM ]

Have any of them gone to a coach with a proven offensive track record… like Andy Reid?
Wtf is Chalk Purdy?
Ok Brian Sheath 🍆

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shorteous:

Have any of them gone to a coach with a proven offensive track record… like Andy Reid?

Don't bother with pesky facts. Kyle is a father to a few posters in here.
  • titan
  • Veteran
The disrespect on Purdy by some is real! Keep ball'n homie. Lets Go Niners!

don't bother with facts.. so you admit it. thanks
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

don't bother with facts.. so you admit it. thanks

Yes it's true that no QB under Kyle has gone on to play for as good of a coach as him.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Undeniable. Remember all that talk about ghost routes and clearing routes? They all magically disappeared starting late last season.

Thats when Brock started calling his own plays in the huddle Varsity Blues style.

Careful, someone is going to believe you're serious.

Definitely not calling his own plays. But our receivers can't just take plays off and run lazy routes. You don't see much of that from BA and is probably why he has naturally become Brock's favorite target. Coverage dictates where the ball goes and no route is a clearing route. A checkdown is a missed opportunity to Brock according to what Kyle said.

There are absolutely clearing routes. And Deebo runs them lazily constantly. Watch some of JT's breakdowns (QB School on YouTube). It's maddening. Offense would be so much better if he ran every route with 100% effort.

Yeah, weird take. Eric Davis (9ers ex DB) talks about ghost and clearing routes all the time. As a DB you learn to recognize them quickly and a savvy veteran can come off them and make a play.

I think what YAC is trying to note here is that even if it's a clearing or ghost route, with Brock, you need to be aware you can't run that lazy because Brock might hit you. The Aiyuk TD is a good example of that. That was a design for a primary check down. And the other routes were designed to help open it up, hence why it was so wide open.

If anything, we just got insight into what Kyle doesn't want there which is the opposite of what some are implying here.
man now i see our fans getting more dense as we get better to spite the coach..

The Aiyuk play isn't a check down play. The defense determines what where you would usually go. it's been 7 years now and you guys still can't figure it out
Share 49ersWebzone