LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 280 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
McDaniels is as good of a coach as Kyle now.

You tell us. You were predicting far more Jimmy success in Vegas all offseason.

I thought that Jimmy being able to play with more freedom would help him. Didn't realize how broken he actually was/is. Busted up body plus freedom to do whatever you want = a lot of turnovers.

Jimmy aside, McDaniels isn't in the same universe as Kyle.

Even though you and I dont agree on Jimmy, at least you try to answer questions like others dont. So I will ask you this. What part of Jimmy's skillset has diminished from last season to this season? Is his mobility less? Is he slower running? Can he not throw the ball as far? Can he not throw the ball with as much velocity?

When someone is considered broken down or washed up, you can clearly see the difference in athleticism and skillset. So what did you see out of him that was markedly different than last season, where he had arguably played at the highest level he had as a 49er?

Why not talk about it in the Jimmy or Alex thread?

Dudes trashing the Brock thread with their Jimmy and Alex passing matches.

Same folks who do it in every QB thread.
Trey Lance

Someone had to say it
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Trey Lance

Someone had to say it

LOL

Waiting for the Sunshine Gabbert > Kap takes to start getting posted here.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

I thought that Jimmy being able to play with more freedom would help him. Didn't realize how broken he actually was/is. Busted up body plus freedom to do whatever you want = a lot of turnovers.

Even though you and I dont agree on Jimmy, at least you try to answer questions like others dont. So I will ask you this. What part of Jimmy's skillset has diminished from last season to this season? Is his mobility less? Is he slower running? Can he not throw the ball as far? Can he not throw the ball with as much velocity?

When someone is considered broken down or washed up, you can clearly see the difference in athleticism and skillset. So what did you see out of him that was markedly different than last season, where he had arguably played at the highest level he had as a 49er?

Why don't you ask everyone who is doing it rather than just me?
Trey Lance

Someone had to say it

I was not in favor of the move, but I can at least understand Shanahan's confidence in trading him away because he knew what he had..
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Trey Lance

Someone had to say it

LOL

Waiting for the Sunshine Gabbert > Kap takes to start getting posted here.

How about the old Steve Young would have had 4 super bowl wins but for Siefert trading Charles Haley - argument.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Trey Lance

Someone had to say it

I was not in favor of the move, but I can at least understand Shanahan's confidence in trading him away because he knew what he had..

Trey will be a good QB, just needs more reps!

The guys that debated Matt Stafford in random threads were the worst.

Do you do anything else except play gatekeeper on threads?
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

lol

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Its ridiculous for anyone to believe that when discussing ____ QB, that conversations about other QBs wont pop up. Its like people have never had a conversation before.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Honestly, Jimmy was doing better than ever in his last year here. His deep ball improved a bit and his TD/INT ratio went through the roof.
Brock is still a lot better and his jump from year 1 to year 2 has been impressive, especially considering he couldn't throw all offseason.

One poster here will disagree fervently with that.

Jimmy's efficiency went up after we acquired CMC. The ultimate checkdown for the checkdown master.
Alex Smith would like a word with you.
Alex smith was also held back according to you know who lol

Did Alex do better or worse once he went to KC with Reid?

He was basically the same exact player with better surrounding players for his skillset. Travis Kelce, Jamaal Charles… these were elite options for a QB who made his money with short passes and checkdowns. He still struggled getting the ball to wide receivers and pushing the ball down the field. It opened up slightly more when Tyreek came on the scene… who is an all time great deep threat and gravity type player.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

I watched a couple of Raider games this year, and I'd say all of the above looked worse. But arm strength in particular. I mean he threw one fade to Adams that was about 10 yards short lol. Something is wrong with him. Maybe he spent the whole off season eating crackers and drinking wine, I don't know. But even Jimmy's worst critics cannot honestly say that he is the same QB that we had here. Kyle is good and gets the most out of his QB's, but he's not a damn wizard lol.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Honestly, Jimmy was doing better than ever in his last year here. His deep ball improved a bit and his TD/INT ratio went through the roof.
Brock is still a lot better and his jump from year 1 to year 2 has been impressive, especially considering he couldn't throw all offseason.

One poster here will disagree fervently with that.

Jimmy's efficiency went up after we acquired CMC. The ultimate checkdown for the checkdown master.
Alex Smith would like a word with you.
Alex smith was also held back according to you know who lol

His passing stats suggest he was the same in KC as he was in 2011, his only full season as a starter under Harbaugh.
Share 49ersWebzone