QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Honestly, Jimmy was doing better than ever in his last year here. His deep ball improved a bit and his TD/INT ratio went through the roof.
Brock is still a lot better and his jump from year 1 to year 2 has been impressive, especially considering he couldn't throw all offseason.

One poster here will disagree fervently with that.

Jimmy's efficiency went up after we acquired CMC. The ultimate checkdown for the checkdown master.
Alex Smith would like a word with you.
Alex smith was also held back according to you know who lol

Did Alex do better or worse once he went to KC with Reid?
Worse debateable, not as good or stayed the same def.

Couldn't get to a NFCCG also
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

He was basically the same exact player with better surrounding players for his skillset. Travis Kelce, Jamaal Charles… these were elite options for a QB who made his money with short passes and checkdowns. He still struggled getting the ball to wide receivers and pushing the ball down the field. It opened up slightly more when Tyreek came on the scene… who is an all time great deep threat and gravity type player.

The weapons argument is so old and tired. Good lord, man. So do you agree with analysts who say that Purdy isn't very good because he has weapons?

Alex was much better in KC than in SF. He was absolutely held back by crappy coaches and OC's prior to Harbaugh.

He was shown to be a handcuff on that offense, just as he was here. They (unfortunately) just hit on a much better replacement than we did when they finally decided to move on.
I watched a couple of Raider games this year, and I'd say all of the above looked worse. But arm strength in particular. I mean he threw one fade to Adams that was about 10 yards short lol. Something is wrong with him. Maybe he spent the whole off season eating crackers and drinking wine, I don't know. But even Jimmy's worst critics cannot honestly say that he is the same QB that we had here. Kyle is good and gets the most out of his QB's, but he's not a damn wizard lol.

Yessir, we really should move this to the correct thread, but you are right, and as for what he was doing all offseason, he had his foot in a boot, him and Tyree Wilson, who has started slow. Do we recall why the foot was in the boot, that was BPs first extended game action, I recall JG trying to stay upright with multiple Dolphins on his back. It ain't hard to put 2 and 2 together
The weapons argument is so old and tired. Good lord, man. So do you agree with analysts who say that Purdy isn't very good because he has weapons?

Alex was much better in KC than in SF. He was absolutely held back by crappy coaches and OC's prior to Harbaugh.

What in the world does my comment about Alex Smith have to do with my view of Purdy's success?

Purdy is successful because of his skillset. His production is elite because of skillset, surrounding weapons, and scheme. He's a very good QB on a very good team.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Honestly, Jimmy was doing better than ever in his last year here. His deep ball improved a bit and his TD/INT ratio went through the roof.
Brock is still a lot better and his jump from year 1 to year 2 has been impressive, especially considering he couldn't throw all offseason.

Jimmy's efficiency went up after we acquired CMC. The ultimate checkdown for the checkdown master.

His passer rating, yards, and TD's were better in every season he was with KC than any year he was in SF (except for rating in 2012 before he got hurt).
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
McDaniels is as good of a coach as Kyle now.

You tell us. You were predicting far more Jimmy success in Vegas all offseason.

I thought that Jimmy being able to play with more freedom would help him. Didn't realize how broken he actually was/is. Busted up body plus freedom to do whatever you want = a lot of turnovers.

Jimmy aside, McDaniels isn't in the same universe as Kyle.

Even though you and I dont agree on Jimmy, at least you try to answer questions like others dont. So I will ask you this. What part of Jimmy's skillset has diminished from last season to this season? Is his mobility less? Is he slower running? Can he not throw the ball as far? Can he not throw the ball with as much velocity?

When someone is considered broken down or washed up, you can clearly see the difference in athleticism and skillset. So what did you see out of him that was markedly different than last season, where he had arguably played at the highest level he had as a 49er?

Why not talk about it in the Jimmy or Alex thread?

Dudes trashing the Brock thread with their Jimmy and Alex passing matches.

Same folks who do it in every QB thread.

Why don't you ask everyone who is doing it rather than just me?

Everyone can see my post it was meant as a reply to the Jimmy topic in general.

To add to my last post… try actually supporting your claim. What was it in Alex' individual game that changed from here to SF? What was he doing better from a fundamental standpoint playing the position?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

What in the world does my comment about Alex Smith have to do with my view of Purdy's success?

Purdy is successful because of his skillset. His production is elite because of skillset, surrounding weapons, and scheme. He's a very good QB on a very good team.

You're dismissing Alex's improvement because of the weapons he had in KC. NFL analysts dismiss Purdy's play because of the weapons he has in SF. How is this difficult for you to see? Lol

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Do you do anything else except play gatekeeper on threads?

Ironic since that is what you are doing here.

The Jimmy posts are stupid and OT.

His passer rating, yards, and TD's were better in every season he was with KC than any year he was in SF (except for rating in 2012 before he got hurt).
he also had the worse stats throwing to WRs, Worse 3rd% and most throws behind the LOS on 3rd down.

Reids offense became suddenly dangerous due to the QB change
Its ridiculous for anyone to believe that when discussing ____ QB, that conversations about other QBs wont pop up. Its like people have never had a conversation before.

LOL

No one is discussing Brock in the Jimmy posts here.

Those are team stats as much as they are QB stats. Why this is so hard to grasp for fans is pretty wild, especially when there are examples staring them in the face for why they aren't great measurements of individual QB play (like Jimmy G for example).

You're dismissing Alex's improvement because of the weapons he had in KC. NFL analysts dismiss Purdy's play because of the weapons he has in SF. How is this difficult for you to see? Lol
it's more difficult to you as you keep adding things wasn't the subject
Share 49ersWebzone