LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 195 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by YACBros85:
His passing stats suggest he was the same in KC as he was in 2011, his only full season as a starter under Harbaugh.

Steve,
How is this "discussing Brock" ?
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
McDaniels is as good of a coach as Kyle now.

You tell us. You were predicting far more Jimmy success in Vegas all offseason.

I thought that Jimmy being able to play with more freedom would help him. Didn't realize how broken he actually was/is. Busted up body plus freedom to do whatever you want = a lot of turnovers.

Jimmy aside, McDaniels isn't in the same universe as Kyle.

Even though you and I dont agree on Jimmy, at least you try to answer questions like others dont. So I will ask you this. What part of Jimmy's skillset has diminished from last season to this season? Is his mobility less? Is he slower running? Can he not throw the ball as far? Can he not throw the ball with as much velocity?

When someone is considered broken down or washed up, you can clearly see the difference in athleticism and skillset. So what did you see out of him that was markedly different than last season, where he had arguably played at the highest level he had as a 49er?

I watched a couple of Raider games this year, and I'd say all of the above looked worse. But arm strength in particular. I mean he threw one fade to Adams that was about 10 yards short lol. Something is wrong with him. Maybe he spent the whole off season eating crackers and drinking wine, I don't know. But even Jimmy's worst critics cannot honestly say that he is the same QB that we had here. Kyle is good and gets the most out of his QB's, but he's not a damn wizard lol.

In the handful of Raider games I watched, Jimmy was doing the same things that he was doing with us that drove me crazy, just at a higher frequency. There was not a noticeable difference in arm strength to me, and I never once saw any analyst say or hear any broadcaster say there was a deterioration in it.

I agree with you that he wasnt performing like the same QB. He had much more freedom as a Raider, and the same mistakes he made as a 49er just happened substantially more often.
  • thl408
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Do you do anything else except play gatekeeper on threads?

Ironic since that is what you are doing here.

The Jimmy posts are stupid and OT.

Depends on why Jimmy is being brought up. If it's to compare and contrast how the 49ers offense looks with Brock playing, I think bringing up Jimmy is completely fine.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Trey Lance

Someone had to say it

LOL

Waiting for the Sunshine Gabbert > Kap takes to start getting posted here.

Blalin Gaebbertnick are best quarterback of ever.

How about Troy Smith tho??

I thought that Jimmy being able to play with more freedom would help him. Didn't realize how broken he actually was/is. Busted up body plus freedom to do whatever you want = a lot of turnovers.

Even though you and I dont agree on Jimmy, at least you try to answer questions like others dont. So I will ask you this. What part of Jimmy's skillset has diminished from last season to this season? Is his mobility less? Is he slower running? Can he not throw the ball as far? Can he not throw the ball with as much velocity?

When someone is considered broken down or washed up, you can clearly see the difference in athleticism and skillset. So what did you see out of him that was markedly different than last season, where he had arguably played at the highest level he had as a 49er?

I watched a couple of Raider games this year, and I'd say all of the above looked worse. But arm strength in particular. I mean he threw one fade to Adams that was about 10 yards short lol. Something is wrong with him. Maybe he spent the whole off season eating crackers and drinking wine, I don't know. But even Jimmy's worst critics cannot honestly say that he is the same QB that we had here. Kyle is good and gets the most out of his QB's, but he's not a damn wizard lol.

In the handful of Raider games I watched, Jimmy was doing the same things that he was doing with us that drove me crazy, just at a higher frequency. There was not a noticeable difference in arm strength to me, and I never once saw any analyst say or hear any broadcaster say there was a deterioration in it.

I agree with you that he wasnt performing like the same QB. He had much more freedom as a Raider, and the same mistakes he made as a 49er just happened substantially more often.
plenty of over throws also.. if that proof his arm is stronger lol
This is Brock Purdy thread and not for fans to sneak Jimmy, Trey or even Smitty into it. We get it, you guys love them and I do too, well only Smitty.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Do you do anything else except play gatekeeper on threads?

Ironic since that is what you are doing here.

The Jimmy posts are stupid and OT.

Depends on why Jimmy is being brought up. If it's to compare and contrast how the 49ers offense looks with Brock playing, I think bringing up Jimmy is completely fine.

That's not what is happening, lol
Originally posted by Eddie_D:
This is Brock Purdy thread and not for fans to sneak Jimmy, Trey or even Smitty into it. We get it, you guys love them and I do too, well only Smitty.

Since you brought up Jimmy lets talk about him, do you think he's pretty handsome or just above average? Brock Purdy isnt quite as handsome as Jimmy but idk.
The Baby Face Assassin.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by All22:
Honestly, Jimmy was doing better than ever in his last year here. His deep ball improved a bit and his TD/INT ratio went through the roof.
Brock is still a lot better and his jump from year 1 to year 2 has been impressive, especially considering he couldn't throw all offseason.

One poster here will disagree fervently with that.

Jimmy's efficiency went up after we acquired CMC. The ultimate checkdown for the checkdown master.
Alex Smith would like a word with you.
Alex smith was also held back according to you know who lol

Did Alex do better or worse once he went to KC with Reid?
Worse debateable, not as good or stayed the same def.

Couldn't get to a NFCCG also

His passer rating, yards, and TD's were better in every season he was with KC than any year he was in SF (except for rating in 2012 before he got hurt).
he also had the worse stats throwing to WRs, Worse 3rd% and most throws behind the LOS on 3rd down.

Reids offense became suddenly dangerous due to the QB change

He also had a HOF TE and excellent RB. Maybe that's why he favored them. You know there are threads for you to talk about old Niner QB's that you still think about all the time.

• Furlow
  • Veteran

plenty of over throws also.. if that proof his arm is stronger lol

Yeah lots of air yards, which means he's being aggressive. You guys should love that.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Trey Lance

Someone had to say it

LOL

Waiting for the Sunshine Gabbert > Kap takes to start getting posted here.

Blalin Gaebbertnick are best quarterback of ever.

How about Troy Smith tho??

2010, the Smith Brother Era
Trey Lance

Someone had to say it

Since you brought him up. Brock has already replicated 2 of Lances 3 best throws, that many went crazy over, and used as examples of his elite arm strength.

- throw in preseason vs packers

Brock pass vs the bucs. And his ridiculous throw vs the jags with no room to step into.

- throw fading back vs the Texans

earlier in season, had a beautiful touch pass vs the giants, while fading away from rushers.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Since you brought up Jimmy lets talk about him, do you think he's pretty handsome or just above average? Brock Purdy isnt quite as handsome as Jimmy but idk.

Raiders message board is a quick google to answer your question.

Don't expect answers because they are fed up with him. LOL
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Here's something we can all unite behind. This can't be real lol.
Share 49ersWebzone