LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 192 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Furlow:

Here's something we can all unite behind. This can't be real lol.

He was actually sucking Brock off big time then he changed his narrative. Since he changed his narrative his content gets a lot more views and more engagement from 49er fans. So he keeps on doing it.

I listen to him everyday at the office because he comes on after Dan Patrick. He doesn't believe in what he says and he isn't a hot take guy but this time he is.
Niners fans. Understand something. The caption
Originally posted by YACBros85:
The Baby Face Assassin.

That caption is prophetic. He will assassinate the Eagles secondary on Sunday and if we have to play them again in the tournament. Believe me, there is a competitive inferno burning in this young man that he will unleash and will not be quenched no matter how hard they try. Enjoy the game. And Monday, all Brock haters/doubters will have nothing to say, Shannon Sharp
Let's not forget Brock's no look pass vs the Raiders last year.

So far, Brock's tape has surpassed all other Niners QBs not named Young and Montana, that it's a disservice to keep comparing to Jimmy, Alex, Kap, Garcia, Lance
Originally posted by YACBros85:
The Baby Face Assassin.

I'd like to see his face photoshopped onto the old Billy the Kid photo.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

So far, Brock's tape has surpassed all other Niners QBs not named Young and Montana, that it's a disservice to keep comparing to Jimmy, Alex, Kap, Garcia, Lance

We're comparing him to Joe and Steve but our very own fans like to bring up those former QB's. He is a lot closer to Steve and Joe then the rest.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
McDaniels is as good of a coach as Kyle now.

You tell us. You were predicting far more Jimmy success in Vegas all offseason.

I thought that Jimmy being able to play with more freedom would help him. Didn't realize how broken he actually was/is. Busted up body plus freedom to do whatever you want = a lot of turnovers.

Jimmy aside, McDaniels isn't in the same universe as Kyle.

Even though you and I dont agree on Jimmy, at least you try to answer questions like others dont. So I will ask you this. What part of Jimmy's skillset has diminished from last season to this season? Is his mobility less? Is he slower running? Can he not throw the ball as far? Can he not throw the ball with as much velocity?

When someone is considered broken down or washed up, you can clearly see the difference in athleticism and skillset. So what did you see out of him that was markedly different than last season, where he had arguably played at the highest level he had as a 49er?

I watched a couple of Raider games this year, and I'd say all of the above looked worse. But arm strength in particular. I mean he threw one fade to Adams that was about 10 yards short lol. Something is wrong with him. Maybe he spent the whole off season eating crackers and drinking wine, I don't know. But even Jimmy's worst critics cannot honestly say that he is the same QB that we had here. Kyle is good and gets the most out of his QB's, but he's not a damn wizard lol.

In the handful of Raider games I watched, Jimmy was doing the same things that he was doing with us that drove me crazy, just at a higher frequency. There was not a noticeable difference in arm strength to me, and I never once saw any analyst say or hear any broadcaster say there was a deterioration in it.

I agree with you that he wasnt performing like the same QB. He had much more freedom as a Raider, and the same mistakes he made as a 49er just happened substantially more often.
plenty of over throws also.. if that proof his arm is stronger lol

Yeah lots of air yards, which means he's being aggressive. You guys should love that.
please stay on topic of using asinine statements to prove nothing about diminished skill sets and broken down bodies
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Trey Lance

Someone had to say it

I was not in favor of the move, but I can at least understand Shanahan's confidence in trading him away because he knew what he had..

Trey will be a good QB, just needs more reps!

He might, still angry seeing him in cowboys jersey. Still, it's very unlikely he'll ever be as good as Brock is right now.
Originally posted by Eddie_D:

We're comparing him to Joe and Steve but our very own fans like to bring up those former QB's. He is a lot closer to Steve and Joe then the rest.

That's true.

I understand some fans just miss the old, tired arguments and use any excuse to bring them up again, even if there are other threads for it. But, at some point we need to move on. You'd think Purdys elite play would make it easier for some to do so, but nope lol
Originally posted by Eddie_D:

Here's something we can all unite behind. This can't be real lol.

He was actually sucking Brock off big time then he changed his narrative. Since he changed his narrative his content gets a lot more views and more engagement from 49er fans. So he keeps on doing it.

I listen to him everyday at the office because he comes on after Dan Patrick. He doesn't believe in what he says and he isn't a hot take guy but this time he is.

Cowherd is the king of flip flopping.
That's true.

I understand some fans just miss the old, tired arguments and use any excuse to bring them up again, even if there are other threads for it. But, at some point we need to move on. You'd think Purdys elite play would make it easier for some to do so, but nope lol

People should move on past the idea that this offense limits any QB. Sadly it keeps being brought up. It is absolutely a tired argument being shown to be BS in real time.

Baby Bosa showed up on this play.

It's ridiculous how he was able to withstand Wagners tackle for as long as he did, and have the awareness to pass it to Kittle for a positive play.

it's these little things that Brock does week in and week out, that makes him awesome.
Cowherd is the king of flip flopping.

Now he pushing the Russ is back narrative because he can't quit Russ. Yet Brock is in a similar situation that Russ was in but can't give him credit. Typical.
That's true.

People should move on past the idea that this offense limits any QB. Sadly it keeps being brought up. It is absolutely a tired argument being shown to be BS in real time.

I always wonder. What would it take for the non believers to believe? Is a Super Bowl the only bar? I can still hear "he only did it because the people around him" crap.
That's true.

It's probably best to just laugh it off at this point. Kyle is an elite coach/OC. Is he or his offense perfect? Of course not. It still needs competent QB play to make it work. But, it has proven that it can lift QBs play. Its also not a miracle worker that can make any s**tty QB good. If that were the case, then Lance would still be here, especially after all the capital wasted on him.
It's probably best to just laugh it off at this point. Kyle is an elite coach/OC. Is he or his offense perfect? Of course not. It still needs competent QB play to make it work. But, it has proven that it can lift QBs play. Its also not a miracle worker that can make any s**tty QB good. If that were the case, then Lance would still be here, especially after all the capital wasted on him.

Yup.

What we finally have here is a good QB who isn't limited in his execution of the offense, and who also has some ability to make plays out of structure. Add in top tier weapons and it's one the most efficient offenses of all time.

Good QB, good scheme, good weapons. That's why the production is elite. Take away any of the three facets, and production will suffer.
Share 49ersWebzone