LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 286 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
It's another good point. Credible football analysts who break down film, like a Greg Cosell, JTO, or Chase Daniel, are giving Purdy his flowers.

Some TV talking heads on argument based/hot take shows are not. It's by design in many/all cases. They take opposite ends of casual arguments to generate attention and controversy from the largest fanbases in the game.

It's funny the same guy (Cosell) was talking up Lance and people in here called Greg trash.

That's a big
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Giedi:
I think Brock arm is very comparable in arm strength to Trey and Kaepernick. It's not weak by any standards in my opinion. He can gun it in there if he wants to, but he doesn't have to 99 times out of a 100, because of his elite anticipation and accuracy. This offense is all about throwing it over the LB's and in front of the DB's, and that requires touch and accuracy - so he really never has to show off his arm.

Not even close. Kaepernick had a monster arm. He was able to get away with a lot of stuff and make throws late because of how powerful his arm was.

If Purdy had Kaepernick's arm and speed, he'd be the quarterbacking Death Star.

His arm is nowhere close Kap or Trey. I love what Brock is doing, but my god people let's keep s**t real lol.
Originally posted by NCommand:
It's another good point. Credible football analysts who break down film, like a Greg Cosell, JTO, or Chase Daniel, are giving Purdy his flowers.

Some TV talking heads on argument based/hot take shows are not. It's by design in many/all cases. They take opposite ends of casual arguments to generate attention and controversy from the largest fanbases in the game.

It's funny the same guy (Cosell) was talking up Lance and people in here called Greg trash.

That's a big

Ohhh I had to argue with people about it. Folks so dug in with their Lance takes that they had to s**t on Greg and his knowledge of the game. We can have disagreements, but when your argument is based around calling Greg Cosell bad at watching film/calling him bias…I can't take you seriously.

He said a lot of things about Trey, but it's not surprising to see ad hominem/shoot the messenger arguments when there's a disagreement. QB arguments are high stakes for fans, lol.
I love Brock's humility and laser focus on the task at hand.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
I think Brock arm is very comparable in arm strength to Trey and Kaepernick. It's not weak by any standards in my opinion. He can gun it in there if he wants to, but he doesn't have to 99 times out of a 100, because of his elite anticipation and accuracy. This offense is all about throwing it over the LB's and in front of the DB's, and that requires touch and accuracy - so he really never has to show off his arm.

Not even close. Kaepernick had a monster arm. He was able to get away with a lot of stuff and make throws late because of how powerful his arm was.

His arm is nowhere close Kap or Trey. I love what Brock is doing, but my god people let's keep s**t real lol.

Yahooo... NY is back!
  • bud49
  • Veteran

He did say "If"
Originally posted by bud49:
He did say "If"

That was a response to Geidi's post who said his arm strength was comparable to Lance/Hero Kaep's, FYI
Hot take….Brock is an awesome QB because he doesn't have Kap's arm. He actually had to learn to play the position the right way and not just rely on his physical ability.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
He did say "If"

That was a response to Geidi's post who said his arm strength was comparable to Lance/Hero Kaep's, FYI

There's no *if* in NY's vocabulary. It either IS or is NOT.

Bottom 3 arm strength, amirite
  • bud49
  • Veteran
He did say "If"

Oh Ok my bad. Disregard this NYniners85
  • bud49
  • Veteran
He did say "If"

There's no *if* in NY's vocabulary. It either IS or is NOT.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
You know what makes Brock a special QB cause "He is who He is."
You know what makes Brock a special QB cause "He is who He is."

He is him.

Him's name is Brock.
Share 49ersWebzone