There are 240 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Not sure if posted, but here's some hard hitting analysis we can get offended over.

Look at this bum with his hat on backwards. Not a franchise QB!

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Another system QB.
Ironic coming from a guy who defends a QB incessantly who needed incentives in his contract to not play video games.
That was hilarious. Enjoy the fun. "hey you guys wanna go hit some golf balls?"
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Another system QB.

Phoenix with the Colin Cowerd pwnage!!!

Not sure if posted, but here's some hard hitting analysis we can get offended over.

I blame the pick 262 contract, his only hope is a sponsorship from a top of the line retailer like Men's Warehouse
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I blame the pick 262 contract, his only hope is a sponsorship from a top of the line retailer like Men's Warehouse

Lol.

Abercrombie champing at the bit.

Lol.

Abercrombie champing at the bit.

I like Men's Wearhouse cuz then he can do the 'I guarantee it' line
I like Men's Wearhouse cuz then he can do the 'I guarantee it' line

Definitely. Would actually be a wardrobe upgrade too.

dammit i was hoping brock would be the best podium quarterback

oh well back to the drawing board, maybe we can find a new qb in the draft
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
McDaniels is as good of a coach as Kyle now.

You tell us. You were predicting far more Jimmy success in Vegas all offseason.

I thought that Jimmy being able to play with more freedom would help him. Didn't realize how broken he actually was/is. Busted up body plus freedom to do whatever you want = a lot of turnovers.

Jimmy aside, McDaniels isn't in the same universe as Kyle.

Even though you and I dont agree on Jimmy, at least you try to answer questions like others dont. So I will ask you this. What part of Jimmy's skillset has diminished from last season to this season? Is his mobility less? Is he slower running? Can he not throw the ball as far? Can he not throw the ball with as much velocity?

When someone is considered broken down or washed up, you can clearly see the difference in athleticism and skillset. So what did you see out of him that was markedly different than last season, where he had arguably played at the highest level he had as a 49er?

I watched a couple of Raider games this year, and I'd say all of the above looked worse. But arm strength in particular. I mean he threw one fade to Adams that was about 10 yards short lol. Something is wrong with him. Maybe he spent the whole off season eating crackers and drinking wine, I don't know. But even Jimmy's worst critics cannot honestly say that he is the same QB that we had here. Kyle is good and gets the most out of his QB's, but he's not a damn wizard lol.

In the handful of Raider games I watched, Jimmy was doing the same things that he was doing with us that drove me crazy, just at a higher frequency. There was not a noticeable difference in arm strength to me, and I never once saw any analyst say or hear any broadcaster say there was a deterioration in it.

I agree with you that he wasnt performing like the same QB. He had much more freedom as a Raider, and the same mistakes he made as a 49er just happened substantially more often.
plenty of over throws also.. if that proof his arm is stronger lol

Yeah lots of air yards, which means he's being aggressive. You guys should love that.
please stay on topic of using asinine statements to prove nothing about diminished skill sets and broken down bodies

Please follow along with the discussion and topic, rather than constantly changing it. It will be easier for you to understand. Would also help if you used punctuation, capital letters where needed, etc. Hard to read your posts.
is this your comeback.. playing off my joke and using the grammar police to defend your lame take lol

Is there even one take that you don't look foolish on ?
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:And who was 4th in deep passing attempts.

And I didn't look but almost assuredly #1 in YPA.

Just as it was in Washington with RG3 in '12. Top 5 in Houston in the two years Kyle was OC.

YAC doesn't have anything to do with aggressiveness. It just tells you how good your weapons are.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by NCommand:
All good. Glad we agree that it's been Brock that's been more aggressive. Certainly not Kyle. And that's not a dig at him either.

Kyle is the same aggressive pass play caller he was in Atlanta. He finally has a QB to execute it like he did then.

All it is.

The aggressive Atlanta play caller who was 26th in the NFL in passing attempts per game lol.

And who was 4th in deep passing attempts.

We get it, you love air yards.
JFC smmfh.

Okay. Ignoring how deep the ball is thrown when discussing the aggressiveness of the play caller and quarterback is utterly stupid. There is no other words except synonym of stupid. It is clear and obvious the depth of the throw is correlated with the aggressiveness of the coach and/or QB.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
YAC doesn't have anything to do with aggressiveness. It just tells you how good your weapons are.

Agreed. Might tell you a little something about accuracy too, but that's really getting in the weeds.
Share 49ersWebzone