There are 423 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by random49er:
W-L record is all that matters for a QB.

Brock's win loss record is awesome much better than we have seen from a QB around here for awhile.

All that matters is W-L record for a QB. That tells us how good the QB is.

That silly argument you preached day in, day out, fell flat on its face this year (leading the league in INTs b4 you're benched can also matter),...which is why you're so desperate to try to control the conversation here.

Let's just pretend like you didn't repeat this ad nauseum and listen to the new themes you're now forced to come up with, right?

p.s.: It's not gonna work

[ Edited by random49er on Nov 30, 2023 at 7:43 PM ]
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

the mini bye and no 49er football and it goes off the rails in here
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Furlow:
The only ones infatuated with Jimmy G still are the haters. You guys need help. Most of us are trying to give credit to Purdy, the small but loud minority (who happen to also be Jimmy haters) want to give Kyle almost all of the credit. It's pathetic.

Says the guy saying it's 80/20 Purdy and Kyle limited Jimmy.

Pathetic indeed.

Kyle limits ALL QB's, not just Jimmy. That's exactly what I'm talking about. You guys are so obsessed with Jimmy that you think EVERY comment about Kyle is about Jimmy. Not the case. Kyle is conservative and coaches his QB's that way. The ones who take shots and are efficient at it are making Kyle "hold his breath." He likes to run the ball and play defense, and wants his QB's to make the smart play (open WR). He does not like his QBs throwing deep just for the sake of throwing deep (which the fantasy football crowd in here wants).

Luckily we have an aggressive QB like Purdy to tell Kyle to go fly a kite every once in a while and force him to watch spectacular QB play happen. That's what great QB's do. That's what conservative coaches need. It's a perfect "symbiotic" relationship as you put it. Why complain and cry so much about it?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
it always goes off the rails in here

Fixed.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
the mini bye and no 49er football and it goes off the rails in here

Can't quite erase all-time bad hot-takes that you repeat here weekly and then try to come back and be the authority on what good QB play is.

Before the fed agent shows up,...have your heard any good Brock news lately?
[ Edited by random49er on Nov 30, 2023 at 7:47 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
W-L record is all that matters for a QB.

Brock's win loss record is awesome much better than we have seen from a QB around here for awhile.

All that matters is W-L record for a QB. That tells us how good the QB is.

That silly argument you preached day in, day out, fell flat on its face this year (leading the league in INTs b4 you're benched can also matter),...which is why you're so desperate to try to control the conversation here.

Let's just pretend like you didn't repeat this ad nauseum and listen to the new themes you're now forced to come up with, right?

p.s.: It's not gonna work

Enter the worst poster in the history of the zone. I'm checking out for the night. It's taken me damn near two years to get to 0% warning so I'm gonna head out lol.
Enter the worst poster in the history of the zone. I'm checking out for the night. It's taken me damn near two years to get to 0% warning so I'm gonna head out lol.

That means you have room to spare, fyi.
Actually I was just trying to keep the Purdy thread about Purdy. The Jimmy haters are so sensitive about their father Kyle that even calling him conservative offensively (which is true) triggers them and makes them think it's somehow a compliment to Jimmy. Again, it's pathetic. We like our QB, we think he's pretty damn good, and we think he deserves a lot of credit. If you guys want to give all of the credit to Kyle, that's fine (although very weird) and go ahead. Just keep Jimmy out of the Purdy discussion, or go to the Jimmy thread and spam post about how Kyle propped him up if that tickles your itch.

Or we can keep this about Purdy instead of making it about uneducated potshots at our elite coach that the consensus disagrees with.

I still don't know how a coach that constantly swings for the fence (hiring John Lynch, great/blown draft picks, injured talented gambles) can be labeled as conservative when all the evidence I see says he's completely the opposite, and just an offensive guru and a damn good gambler?

The last pick of the draft isint exactly the hugest gamble....but he hit it out of the park on that one with Purdy (b4 police).
[ Edited by random49er on Nov 30, 2023 at 7:51 PM ]
Kyle limits ALL QB's, not just Jimmy. That's exactly what I'm talking about. You guys are so obsessed with Jimmy that you think EVERY comment about Kyle is about Jimmy. Not the case. Kyle is conservative and coaches his QB's that way. The ones who take shots and are efficient at it are making Kyle "hold his breath." He likes to run the ball and play defense, and wants his QB's to make the smart play (open WR). He does not like his QBs throwing deep just for the sake of throwing deep (which the fantasy football crowd in here wants).

Luckily we have an aggressive QB like Purdy to tell Kyle to go fly a kite every once in a while and force him to watch spectacular QB play happen. That's what great QB's do. That's what conservative coaches need. It's a perfect "symbiotic" relationship as you put it. Why complain and cry so much about it?

Jusr completely factually incorrect. Smokey tried to get you to support your assertion with data and you couldn't other than using attempts as the metric.

Luckily the 9ers have a elite qb AND coach. Maybe one day your obsession with the previous guy will let you see it.

Who wants Brock throwing deep just to throw deep?

Kyle enhances all his qbs. Been doing it since he started. Brock, like Matt, is good enough to actually enhance back.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Nov 30, 2023 at 7:54 PM ]

Jusr completely factually incorrect. Smokey tried to get you to support your assertion with data and you couldn't other than using attempts as the metric.

Luckily the 9ers have a elite qb AND coach. Maybe one day your obsession with the previous guy will let you see it.

Who wants Brock throwing deep just to throw deep?

Did someone here really argue that high pass attempt counts = aggression? Oh geeze let me not skip back a few pages and pile on more

I'll pass.

I guess both our former and current QBs are about equal on aggressiveness with the ball then...

[ Edited by random49er on Nov 30, 2023 at 8:00 PM ]
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Undeniable. Remember all that talk about ghost routes and clearing routes? They all magically disappeared starting late last season.

Thats when Brock started calling his own plays in the huddle Varsity Blues style.

Careful, someone is going to believe you're serious.

Definitely not calling his own plays. But our receivers can't just take plays off and run lazy routes. You don't see much of that from BA and is probably why he has naturally become Brock's favorite target. Coverage dictates where the ball goes and no route is a clearing route. A checkdown is a missed opportunity to Brock according to what Kyle said.

There are absolutely clearing routes. And Deebo runs them lazily constantly. Watch some of JT's breakdowns (QB School on YouTube). It's maddening. Offense would be so much better if he ran every route with 100% effort.

Yeah, weird take. Eric Davis (9ers ex DB) talks about ghost and clearing routes all the time. As a DB you learn to recognize them quickly and a savvy veteran can come off them and make a play.

I think what YAC is trying to note here is that even if it's a clearing or ghost route, with Brock, you need to be aware you can't run that lazy because Brock might hit you. The Aiyuk TD is a good example of that. That was a design for a primary check down. And the other routes were designed to help open it up, hence why it was so wide open.

If anything, we just got insight into what Kyle doesn't want there which is the opposite of what some are implying here.
man now i see our fans getting more dense as we get better to spite the coach..

The Aiyuk play isn't a check down play. The defense determines what where you would usually go. it's been 7 years now and you guys still can't figure it out

It's not stupidity, it's infatuation with Jimmy G.

The only ones infatuated with Jimmy G still are the haters. You guys need help. Most of us are trying to give credit to Purdy, the small but loud minority (who happen to also be Jimmy haters) want to give Kyle almost all of the credit. It's pathetic.

Lol, the guy obsessed with calling Kyle's offense conservative wants to be the arbiter of whose takes are reasonable. Thanks for the laughs.

Actually I was just trying to keep the Purdy thread about Purdy. The Jimmy haters are so sensitive about their father Kyle that even calling him conservative offensively (which is true) triggers them and makes them think it's somehow a compliment to Jimmy. Again, it's pathetic. We like our QB, we think he's pretty damn good, and we think he deserves a lot of credit. If you guys want to give all of the credit to Kyle, that's fine (although very weird) and go ahead. Just keep Jimmy out of the Purdy discussion, or go to the Jimmy thread and spam post about how Kyle propped him up if that tickles your itch.

Dude, I'm one of Brock's biggest supporters on here. You know, liking our coach and giving Brock his due credit are not mutually exclusive concepts. This is only binary if you've dug yourself a hole in a previous argument and now need to put down Kyle at every chance. I love our coach and QB.
Dude, I'm one of Brock's biggest supporters on here. You know, liking our coach and giving Brock his due credit are not mutually exclusive concepts. This is only binary if you've dug yourself a hole in a previous argument and now need to put down Kyle at every chance. I love our coach and QB.

Good QB, Good coach, Good weapons.

Let's fight!

Amen to that. The binary people accuse everyone else of being binary. All projection.

Both coach and Qb are elite right now. That simple.

It's just a thing he and certain others have. Kind of a syndrome if you will,...love certain guys that play on the field with undying support regardless of what.

Now that they have created this dynamic in their heads:

When they play good it is 100% them,...and when they don't play good it is 100% the coach and/or the scheme.

This allows them to continue to love and support the player thru thick and thin.

As you guys have suggested, it is a binary-view thing with no room in-between.

Weird, weird thing to see here from football fans that post about football but he's not the only one.
[ Edited by random49er on Nov 30, 2023 at 8:16 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone