There are 342 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
W-L record is all that matters for a QB.

Brock's win loss record is awesome much better than we have seen from a QB around here for awhile.

All that matters is W-L record for a QB. That tells us how good the QB is.

That silly argument you preached day in, day out, fell flat on its face this year (leading the league in INTs b4 you're benched can also matter),...which is why you're so desperate to try to control the conversation here.

Let's just pretend like you didn't repeat this ad nauseum and listen to the new themes you're now forced to come up with, right?

p.s.: It's not gonna work

Enter the worst poster in the history of the zone. I'm checking out for the night. It's taken me damn near two years to get to 0% warning so I'm gonna head out lol.

Truth hurts

Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Undeniable. Remember all that talk about ghost routes and clearing routes? They all magically disappeared starting late last season.

Thats when Brock started calling his own plays in the huddle Varsity Blues style.

Careful, someone is going to believe you're serious.

Definitely not calling his own plays. But our receivers can't just take plays off and run lazy routes. You don't see much of that from BA and is probably why he has naturally become Brock's favorite target. Coverage dictates where the ball goes and no route is a clearing route. A checkdown is a missed opportunity to Brock according to what Kyle said.

There are absolutely clearing routes. And Deebo runs them lazily constantly. Watch some of JT's breakdowns (QB School on YouTube). It's maddening. Offense would be so much better if he ran every route with 100% effort.

Yeah, weird take. Eric Davis (9ers ex DB) talks about ghost and clearing routes all the time. As a DB you learn to recognize them quickly and a savvy veteran can come off them and make a play.

I think what YAC is trying to note here is that even if it's a clearing or ghost route, with Brock, you need to be aware you can't run that lazy because Brock might hit you. The Aiyuk TD is a good example of that. That was a design for a primary check down. And the other routes were designed to help open it up, hence why it was so wide open.

If anything, we just got insight into what Kyle doesn't want there which is the opposite of what some are implying here.
man now i see our fans getting more dense as we get better to spite the coach..

The Aiyuk play isn't a check down play. The defense determines what where you would usually go. it's been 7 years now and you guys still can't figure it out

It's not stupidity, it's infatuation with Jimmy G.

The only ones infatuated with Jimmy G still are the haters. You guys need help. Most of us are trying to give credit to Purdy, the small but loud minority (who happen to also be Jimmy haters) want to give Kyle almost all of the credit. It's pathetic.

Lol, the guy obsessed with calling Kyle's offense conservative wants to be the arbiter of whose takes are reasonable. Thanks for the laughs.

Actually I was just trying to keep the Purdy thread about Purdy. The Jimmy haters are so sensitive about their father Kyle that even calling him conservative offensively (which is true) triggers them and makes them think it's somehow a compliment to Jimmy. Again, it's pathetic. We like our QB, we think he's pretty damn good, and we think he deserves a lot of credit. If you guys want to give all of the credit to Kyle, that's fine (although very weird) and go ahead. Just keep Jimmy out of the Purdy discussion, or go to the Jimmy thread and spam post about how Kyle propped him up if that tickles your itch.

Dude, I'm one of Brock's biggest supporters on here. You know, liking our coach and giving Brock his due credit are not mutually exclusive concepts. This is only binary if you've dug yourself a hole in a previous argument and now need to put down Kyle at every chance. I love our coach and QB.

More truth

That silly argument you preached day in, day out, fell flat on its face this year (leading the league in INTs b4 you're benched can also matter),...which is why you're so desperate to try to control the conversation here.

Let's just pretend like you didn't repeat this ad nauseum and listen to the new themes you're now forced to come up with, right?

No, lots of factors for into how good a qb is but winning is the most important thing to the team and the fans. Stats are a great measure 5o compare players.

I never said that QBs should not be compared by anything other than wins and losses.

What's with your weird obsession with me? It seems personal.

Why not talk about Purdy?
No, lots of factors for into how good a qb is but winning is the most important thing to the team and the fans.

Haha. 100% unrelated to what's been repeated by you here in QB threads, but yes,...winning is important to the team and the fans. The sky is also blue.
[ Edited by random49er on Nov 30, 2023 at 8:52 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

No, lots of factors for into how good a qb is but winning is the most important thing to the team and the fans. Stats are a great measure 5o compare players.

I never said that QBs should not be compared by anything other than wins and losses.

What's with your weird obsession with me? It seems personal.

Why not talk about Purdy?

It's not just you. No idea why he's allowed to troll to the degree that he does. Quite strange.
It's not just you. No idea why he's allowed to troll to the degree that he does. Quite strange.

Let's talk football??

Have they been about-equally aggressive players on the field of play in the NFL in your view?

I'm all for substance,...you just seem to skip over it at every opportunity.

Brutal honesty Trolling

You just wish it were.
[ Edited by random49er on Nov 30, 2023 at 8:57 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Let's talk football??

Have they been about-equally aggressive players on the field of play in the NFL in your view?

Brutal honesty Trolling

You just wish it were.

You and honesty? And substance? Lol stop it.
Regression to the NFL mean might happen
Plays poorly on the road
Has not played at an elite level
Will throw a lot of INTs because he had a lot of CouldaBeenInts last season
Has a weak arm and can't throw a good deep ball.

These are the takes of someone dug in on their QB preference.

These were all fair takes for a kid that only played a couple games. Ya'll were calling him Joe Montana after a couple games because that's what you wanted…I said he would throw more INTs because yes he did have a ton of dropped INTs. His arm isn't great. Never said that means he would suck. In fact I went out of my way to point that out. You they wayyyy too hard man.

my takes have ALWAYS been able to change as their games progressed. I never have to jump all in (or out) on someone over a couple games…unlike a f**k ton of people.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
remember the short leash
and the Kirk will be here in 2024 prophecy

Remember Lance with 50tds and MVP status haha yeah you don't get to point out "prophecies" I said if Brock doesn't work out, I wouldn't be shocked to see Kirk here (love how you leave that out)….wonder if you ever returned that Sam Darnold jersey?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 30, 2023 at 9:47 PM ]
Those guys lacked touch and accuracy and had slow releases. Those are arm traits.

Dude was talking about arm strength, no one said s**t about accuracy or touch. Don't deflect for no reason

Let's talk football??

Brutal honesty Trolling

You just wish it were.

No reply? Case-in-point.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Those guys lacked touch and accuracy and had slow releases. Those are arm traits.

Release time was never an issue. He had a funky delivery but got the ball out pretty damn quick. That pitching background.

Someone brings up Kap/Lance arm strength and saying Brock's arm is comparable lol….people deflect and tear down other aspects of their game just cause Brock doesn't have that arm strength…so weird.

It's okay that Brock doesn't have that laser rocket arm like they did. No need to pretend that he does OR s**t on them because they lack in other areas…no one was talking about accuracy/release/touch. Brock's got him good qualities, just like they do.
Naw Kaepernixk's release was slow as hell. To the point it was an advantage for defenders. Baseball pitchers have a long windup and so does Kaepernick. Pitchers aren't suppose to have a quick release.

Give me Purdy's arm. That arm is magical.

Can't believe people bringing up arm strength to diminish another QB when playing QB is more than that.

think Madden….purdy gets 85 for arm strength and overall rating of 93. Kaepernick and Lance get a 95 for arm strength with a 75 and 70 overall.
[ Edited by Eddie_D on Nov 30, 2023 at 10:07 PM ]

Let's talk football??

Brutal honesty Trolling

You just wish it were.

No reply? Case-in-point.
lol he will reply with an insult. thats the extent of his football knowledge
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Release time was never an issue. He had a funky delivery but got the ball out pretty damn quick. That pitching background.

Someone brings up Kap/Lance arm strength and saying Brock's arm is comparable lol….people deflect and tear down other aspects of their game just cause Brock doesn't have that arm strength…so weird.

It's okay that Brock doesn't have that laser rocket arm like they did. No need to pretend that he does OR s**t on them because they lack in other areas…no one was talking about accuracy/release/touch. Brock's got him good qualities, just like they do.
i don't care about the physical measurables, just keep playing good ball
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
W-L record is all that matters for a QB.

Brock's win loss record is awesome much better than we have seen from a QB around here for awhile.

Usually when a QB loses more than he wins, he's replaced by another QB until the win/loss record becomes more positive. Many times, the coach is also replaced. So win/loss records, in my opinion, are really important for the QB position, I think, than any other position on the football field. If you look at all the coaches that have coached for a particular team for a *long time* usually their QB's win more than they lose. (Tom Brady/Bill Belichick - for example)

Just look at poor Saleh right now, he lost Aaron to injury and his drafted QB is probably going to cost him Saleh's job if his drafted QB doesn't start winning games.
Share 49ersWebzone