There are 296 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Chance:
I had said that he had been playing like prime Montana, which he had been. That's what the tape showed up to that point. You got all butthurt that someone would invoke Montana's name when describing the quality of Purdy's play, then proceeded to invoke guys like Nick Foles and Tyler Heinecke. All Purdy has done this year is to continue to play the game at an elite level, even breaking records of guys like Prime Montana, solidifying that he is indeed playing the game at a comparable level. It's always been a question of whether he can maintain this play, which aside from an up and down three game stretch, he has.

Learn how to take the L my dude.

Brock's tape showed a kid that would make some quality plays and had more than a handful of bad reads, under throws and dropped INTs last yr. I said his play last yr wasn't sustainable at that level. I said some of those dropped INTs would become picks and they did over our 0-3 stretch. There's film of it…unless you just blacked that out of your memory?

You automatically tossed out GOAT comparisons and I provided examples of dudes that went on stretches of good plays, even won a Super Bowl but couldn't maintain it long-term. I have no idea what Brock will be long-term. Neither do you!

I've been nothing but positive of Brock this yr. I would LOVE if he turned into Montana.

you want to call him the second coming of Joe, that's fine. Don't get bent out of shape when someone pushes back on that kind of take… if there's anyone that can take a L it's me…you're acting like he's Joe already by saying that and imo that's pretty f**king disrespectful to Joe.

You continue to this day to make a strawman out of my words. Saying a guy is playing as well as someone does not imply that he is that person or will have a career as that person. I've never prognosed Purdy's career, only said who he was playing like in the moment, and you're the one who got bent out of shape by it, and continue to misconstrue.

You diminish his stretch of play last year by saying he was throwing a bunch of balls that would be picks was and continues to be a bonehead argument. Purdy was a stud last year and remains a stud this year. Every QB throws picks and would be picks, and goes through rough patches. Purdy is no different, but he certainly hasn't regressed to the mean or whatever you thought he would. Capital L.
His arm is not fantastic. It's passable and can get the job done.

A lot of those INTs this yr was some of the same s**t that he did in college and the stuff that was dropped last yr. He's gotta play better when we're behind and on those early downs. I love the gunslinger stuff, but INTs on 1st/2nd down and in the RZ are killer.

he's young and improving, but it sounds like you don't think he has any flaws and nothing he can improve upon. I'll disagree.

Passable? The statistics tell the truth. You think Lance has a better arm and you are dug into your bad take about him being the starter.

LOL at calling leading the league in passing and being the best deep ball thrower in the league as "getting the job done."

He has a better TD/INT ratio than Mahomes.
Bingo. It's not like we're hating on Brock or think he stinks. I'm more than happy to have him in SF as our starter

You called his arm passable when he is leading the league in completion % and deep ball accuracy.

That is hating.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
His arm is not fantastic. It's passable and can get the job done.

A lot of those INTs this yr was some of the same s**t that he did in college and the stuff that was dropped last yr. He's gotta play better when we're behind and on those early downs. I love the gunslinger stuff, but INTs on 1st/2nd down and in the RZ are killer.

he's young and improving, but it sounds like you don't think he has any flaws and nothing he can improve upon. I'll disagree.

Passable? The statistics tell the truth. You think Lance has a better arm and you are dug into your bad take about him being the starter.

LOL at calling leading the league in passing and being the best deep ball thrower in the league as "getting the job done."

He has a better TD/INT ratio than Mahomes.
This is the Purdy thread, go to the Lance and mahomes thread lol
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I say the article about Cowherd commenting on Purdy wearing his hat backwards at the podium. It's no huge deal but I think the backward hat look is bad. It was bad 20 yers ago and it's still bad today. It really does make a person look like a frat boy or video gamer. I know Brock is young but he's the QB for one of the top franchises in the league. Part of being a leader is looking like one.

Like I said, it's not a huge issue but he could easily just turn that hat around and show the team logo.

This is all I think of when I hear people complain about someone wearing a backwards hat

Lol, totally. Such a boomer take.
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Purdy's arm is rated at 55 mph (I can't find the article where they had a radar gun on his arm prior to the draft) and Colin's arm is rated at 59 mpg. (so says google) So that's a 4 miles an hour difference. I think mathematically - that's about 7% slower than Colin's velocity. Purdy says his arm feels stronger now than what it was before he was injured - so I think I can say that maybe he's gained another couple of mph's on Colin. So I think I can reasonably say Colin's arm and Purdy's arm are *very comparable.*

people keep posting this like it means something. If that's the case Colt McCoy has a stronger arm than guys like Herbert and Flacco. Velocity test a pointless and don't mean much in real life football.

No Kap and Brock do not have comparable arm strengths no matter how hard you try to fudge up numbers…it's a bad take. You should just leave it at that.

Bro had a Howitzer 🔥

Kaep highlights

you continually miss the point, he had a howitzer, he could run like a gazelle, he wasn't half the QB Brock is. Not half. You aren't evaluating what QB play is all about. Your one dimensional arm strength definition of 'arm talent' is wildly overrated

To me it's just overblowing the position. 'CEO of a major business', lol. He's a f**king QB in the NFL. Play well, don't get in trouble off the field. I want the arrogant frat boy that thinks he's invincible. Just don't drug some girl's drink or expect happy endings on the massage table.
  • thl408
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

To me it's just overblowing the position. 'CEO of a major business', lol. He's a f**king QB in the NFL. Play well, don't get in trouble off the field. I want the arrogant frat boy that thinks he's invincible. Just don't drug some girl's drink or expect happy endings on the massage table.

I can't believe Cowhurd ranted about that (twitter clip). Such an irrelevant "concern". Now if Brock starts dressing up like Cam Newton, then we need to find another QB.
Brock's arm is same tier as Joes and Tom's. Let's stop talking about this dumb subtopic because arm talent is clearly NOT a limiting factor for Brock.

Colin prefers the fake as f*ck pretender that no teammate likes who has people sign ndas to come into his suite at baseball games.

Originally posted by thl408:

I can't believe Cowhurd ranted about that (twitter clip). Such an irrelevant "concern". Now if Brock starts dressing up like Cam Newton, then we need to find another QB.
lets go by Cowturd from now on lol

We're gonna win this weekend, I guarantee it

I remember posting about the no-look stuff after the Miami game, and then he kept doing it. This ballsy dude literally threw no-look passes in his debut as a rookie. Who the f**k does that? I knew he was different after that game.

[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 1, 2023 at 9:21 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

thanks mush
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Lol. Eat your heart out George Zimmer.
Share 49ersWebzone