There are 336 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Chance:
You diminish his stretch of play last year by saying he was throwing a bunch of balls that would be picks was and continues to be a bonehead argument.

If would-be picks actually mattered all that much Montana would be criticized to this day by QB power rankers for throwing a would-be pick (WBP?) on the final drive in SB23.

Sometimes a QB makes a mistake and doesn't pay for it. Even the best QBs.
[ Edited by captveg on Dec 1, 2023 at 9:24 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I say the article about Cowherd commenting on Purdy wearing his hat backwards at the podium. It's no huge deal but I think the backward hat look is bad. It was bad 20 yers ago and it's still bad today. It really does make a person look like a frat boy or video gamer. I know Brock is young but he's the QB for one of the top franchises in the league. Part of being a leader is looking like one.

Like I said, it's not a huge issue but he could easily just turn that hat around and show the team logo.

This is all I think of when I hear people complain about someone wearing a backwards hat

Lol, totally. Such a boomer take.

You're right. And yours is a frat boy take. I don't have to like every fad that comes along. I never cared for the backwards hat, the sideways hat or the pants falling off look. I wear hats all the time but never backwards. It defeats the purpose of keeping the sun out of the eyes.

Anyway it's not a huge deal but it just doesn't look very professional. Remember, he's dealing with a lot of older people in the press. If Kittle wants to look goofy then that's fine because he's not the leader and the face of the franchise. I would just like to see him look as professional as he plays.
I say the article about Cowherd commenting on Purdy wearing his hat backwards at the podium. It's no huge deal but I think the backward hat look is bad. It was bad 20 yers ago and it's still bad today. It really does make a person look like a frat boy or video gamer. I know Brock is young but he's the QB for one of the top franchises in the league. Part of being a leader is looking like one.

Like I said, it's not a huge issue but he could easily just turn that hat around and show the team logo.

This is all I think of when I hear people complain about someone wearing a backwards hat

You're right. And yours is a frat boy take. I don't have to like every fad that comes along. I never cared for the backwards hat, the sideways hat or the pants falling off look. I wear hats all the time but never backwards. It defeats the purpose of keeping the sun out of the eyes.

Anyway it's not a huge deal but it just doesn't look very professional. Remember, he's dealing with a lot of older people in the press. If Kittle wants to look goofy then that's fine because he's not the leader and the face of the franchise. I would just like to see him look as professional as he plays.

Lol

Wearing a hat period isn't professional in this 'traditional' view of wardrobes… neither is a hooded sweatshirt, like what Jalen was wearing in the pic Cowherd showed as an example of professionalism.

It's just the most pointless of takes. These are big money QB's… not actual executives. That's Jed York.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

It's a post game presser though, man. They just got done playing a game, so they're still in that mode. As others have mentioned, many QB's throughout the NFL's history have done it. You're acting like he showed up to a job interview wearing his hat backwards.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Heroism:
I remember posting about the no-look stuff after the Miami game, and then he kept doing it. This ballsy dude literally threw no-look passes in his debut as a rookie. Who the f**k does that? I knew he was different after that game.

Excerpt from that article:
They knew it was possible the moment Warner christened him with those competitive barbs and Purdy gave it back.

"It was sort of like a confidence booster — alright, if Fred is starting to talk trash to me, it must mean I'm doing something right," Purdy said. "The fact that I had his attention practice after practice, to me, it meant something. He wants to compete with me. That sort of gave me a little confidence at the time. Alright, I'm doing it right, I feel like I'm getting their attention and I'm pushing them to be better."

I asked Purdy to describe how the trash talk with Warner would go.

"There'd be plays where we'd try to run the same route on him back-to-back and there were times when he defended both of them back-to-back and then he's talking trash, like, 'Purds, don't try that on me,'" Purdy said. "And then there's times where I'm completing it and I'm, 'Well, let's go, Fred, you've gotta be better,' that kind of thing. Just chirping back like that. But he was definitely more of a trash talker than I was."
Are beanies backward hats with no bill ?
Originally posted by Furlow:

It's a post game presser though, man. They just got done playing a game, so they're still in that mode. As others have mentioned, many QB's throughout the NFL's history have done it. You're acting like he showed up to a job interview wearing his hat backwards.

Post game MVP forgot to share the suit collection, and the secrets to the QB sneak

Imagine being upset that players aren't wearing a suit and tie playing a SPORT.

There is always going to be some pessimism laced in optimism. Then, there is 100% pure optimism, down to the last second. That is the difference between a fan and a fanatic. There are fans and fanatics in this 'Zone. Fans here, some, like to temper their excitement about Brock with what they see as "physical shortcomings". Ok, I understand. But, let's be realistic about what Brock is doing. He is completing 70% of his passes. He has thrown for more than 2800yds. His TD to INT ratio is 3-1. Alright, he has more offensive weapons in the NFL. But he still has to make the plays!!! Like the deep throws that he's been completing. And remember, he's just played a little over a year's worth of football. If he was drafted in rounds 1-3, people would be losing their minds over him. But, alas, he is Mr. Irrelevant!! Not supposed to be doing what he's doing. Not even close to what he's doing. Yet, here he is. A league MVP candidate, no less. Realize what we have here and relish what we are seeing. This is not "the second coming of Joe". This is the coming of one Brock Purdy
Originally posted by Heroism:

God damn, Hero. That was cold.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Are beanies backward hats with no bill ?

• Furlow
  • Veteran

• thl408
Originally posted by Furlow:

Share 49ersWebzone