There are 249 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Originally posted by Silky:
I don't know if this is true, but a coworker of mine who is a Panthers fan told me a story yesterday. He said that the owner of the Panthers loved one of our plays that we ran earlier this year. He handed it over to Frank Reich and told them to "run this play next game." They didn't do it and ultimately there was a falling out between Reich and Panthers ownership which led to his firing.

The point I'm trying to make is the Panthers can never emulate what we do. Not in a million years. They do not have the personnel or know how to execute whatever play it was. Other teams can look at the Browns game, but do they have the D coordinator or personnel to mimic what they do? No, they do not. They are arguably the #1 D in the NFL with a crappy offense to boot.

the eagles defense definitely has the potential to defend the niners like the browns did, plus it's also raining so there's that.

My brother is a big eagles fan. He knows their secondary is trash. Myles Garrett is on another level this year. Not even Chronicles of Riddick stacks up to him. They don't have the personnel to do what the Browns did. They do have some stars and impact players, but yards are to be had agasint the Eagles D.
  • thl408
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by pdc20:
https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/duffy-49ers-offense-is-operating-at-high-level-christian-mccaffrey-brock-purdy

Really good article about the offense and Purdy by a journalist covering the Eagles.

Nice article. I love that the author touched on the one thing that makes the 49er offense very unique - its use of 21 personnel, and CMC/Deebo being positionless. No other offense in the NFL has those two aspects, and that makes gameplanning for the 49ers a unique experience for DCs. So many teams prioritize the slot CB over the 3rd LBer, and the 49ers use of 21 puts focus on the 3rd LBer. From there, so many issues are presented as they figure out how to defend CMC in the slot, Deebo in the backfield, etc.

teams just need to watch the 49ers/browns game

So gameplan for no Deebo, no Trent. I hope PHI does that.

i recall trent and deebo playing, but the browns out physical'd them with an F!

You're right, Trent did play. Deebo had 9 snaps and went out. CLE has some serious talent on the defensive side so that's hard to replicate. Scheme wise, the 49ers offense presents many issues that no other NFL offense presents. It's a very unique gameplan that has to be put in place. A defense can't say "remember what we did versus team X, we will apply that to the 49ers".
Originally posted by pdc20:
https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/duffy-49ers-offense-is-operating-at-high-level-christian-mccaffrey-brock-purdy

Really good article about the offense and Purdy by a journalist covering the Eagles.

Nice article. I love that the author touched on the one thing that makes the 49er offense very unique - its use of 21 personnel, and CMC/Deebo being positionless. No other offense in the NFL has those two aspects, and that makes gameplanning for the 49ers a unique experience for DCs. So many teams prioritize the slot CB over the 3rd LBer, and the 49ers use of 21 puts focus on the 3rd LBer. From there, so many issues are presented as they figure out how to defend CMC in the slot, Deebo in the backfield, etc.

teams just need to watch the 49ers/browns game

So gameplan for no Deebo, no Trent. I hope PHI does that.

i recall trent and deebo playing, but the browns out physical'd them with an F!

Trent suffered an ankle injury during the 2nd drive of the game which ended in a FG. Trent played the rest of the game but missed the next 2. He may have finished the game but he uncharacteristically gave up like six pressures and our run game sufffered as well. Deebo left early in the game and Aiyuk dropped a would be TD.
  • thl408
I don't know if this is true, but a coworker of mine who is a Panthers fan told me a story yesterday. He said that the owner of the Panthers loved one of our plays that we ran earlier this year. He handed it over to Frank Reich and told them to "run this play next game." They didn't do it and ultimately there was a falling out between Reich and Panthers ownership which led to his firing.

The point I'm trying to make is the Panthers can never emulate what we do. Not in a million years. They do not have the personnel or know how to execute whatever play it was. Other teams can look at the Browns game, but do they have the D coordinator or personnel to mimic what they do? No, they do not. They are arguably the #1 D in the NFL with a crappy offense to boot.

the eagles defense definitely has the potential to defend the niners like the browns did, plus it's also raining so there's that.

My brother is a big eagles fan. He knows their secondary is trash. Myles Garrett is on another level this year. Not even Chronicles of Riddick stacks up to him. They don't have the personnel to do what the Browns did. They do have some stars and impact players, but yards are to be had agasint the Eagles D.

CLE also has Jim Schwartz, who seems to be Kyle's kryptonite.

I see this one as a track meet
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I see this one as a track meet
It's no secret what the Niners do. Kyle's been running this offense for several years now so the league knows it. That doesn't mean the can stop it or emulate it. Hard for Carolina to run Kyle's offense without any weapons.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
You said he has a passable arm when he arguably has the best arm in the NFL based on facts and statistics.

Agree to disagree.

Kirk was leading the league in air yards when at Washington. Do yo think he has the best arm in the league then?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 1, 2023 at 12:03 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by krizay:
Feels so different being on the outside looking in.

Called McCorkle a noodle arm. I don't remember ever calling Brock a noodle arm. Same people lying around here to diminish opinions. Glad not much has changed since ive been in here less and less

Funny you say that. As I've been reading the past couple days my exact words as I read was, the more things change the more they stay the same.

You had to be one hell of a DB. You got some of the best backpedaling I've ever seen.

I'm just an observer in this discussion. As you were.
Who said noodle arm? His arm strength isn't at the level of Lance and Kap which is what the discussion was about. Stop pretending it is. Simple as that

He leads the NFL in deep ball passing.
He leads the NFL in accuracy from all distances.
He leads the league in passer rating.

That's a great arm.

Are you changing your argument from passable arm to not as strong of an arm as some guys? How are you measuring that?

No question he's accurate but I don't look at passer rating as anything special. JG had a high passer rating and all he did was throw 5 yards past the line of scrimmage. It's a bad stat. QBR is a better measure. I believe most of the stat geeks look at anything longer than 20 yards s a deep pass. Maybe it's 25. Any QB in the NFL can throw that far. It's his accuracy and quick decisions and intelligence that make him good. Not his arm strength, size or speed.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
You said he has a weak arm and it's bottom tier in the league

I never said he was a noodle arm. You once again tried pretending and passing it off like I said that…once again you are now moving the goalpost and making s**t up.

I said his arm strength will never be a plus factor in his game.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
No question he's accurate but I don't look at passer rating as anything special. JG had a high passer rating and all he did was throw 5 yards past the line of scrimmage. It's a bad stat. QBR is a better measure. I believe most of the stat geeks look at anything longer than 20 yards s a deep pass. Maybe it's 25. Any QB in the NFL can throw that far. It's his accuracy and quick decisions and intelligence that make him good. Not his arm strength, size or speed.

This.
Originally posted by krizay:
Funny you say that. As I've been reading the past couple days my exact words as I read was, the more things change the more they stay the same.

You had to be one hell of a DB. You got some of the best backpedaling I've ever seen.

I'm just an observer in this discussion. As you were.

lol pretending your an observer yet here you are poking in to say…absolutely nothing.

Nothing I said is backpedaling, nor do I need too. He doesn't have a plus arm and his arm strength isn't a positive in his game. No he doesn't have the same arm as Lance/Kap, which is where this all started…if you actually read the past couple pages you'd know that.

as you were
  • thl408
lol pretending your an observer yet here you are poking in to say…absolutely nothing.

Nothing I said is backpedaling, nor do I need too. He doesn't have a plus arm and his arm strength isn't a positive in his game. No he doesn't have the same arm as Lance/Kap, which is where this all started…if you actually read the past couple pages you'd know that.

as you were

We get it bro. But be sure to tell us again in an hour because some of us may forget by then.
He leads the NFL in deep ball passing.
He leads the NFL in accuracy from all distances.
He leads the league in passer rating.

That's a great arm.

Are you changing your argument from passable arm to not as strong of an arm as some guys? How are you measuring that?

Please explain QB rating for me….i remember Lance having a great passer rating vs the Texans and you all said he was s**t. That game vs LV he had a great QB rating and everyone said he was horrible.

it's either a reliable stat or it's not…let's stop cherry picking it when it fits our narrative.

Like I said Kirk was damn near the top (if not the top) in a ton of deep ball metrics. Does that mean he has the best arm in the league?

im not changing a damn thing about what I said. You think he has the best arm in football. I don't. I think his arm strength is passable you think it's elite. Agree to disagree
We get it bro. But be sure to tell us again in an hour because some of us may forget by then.

When people stop b******ting about the same s**t and making up comments of me saying he has a noodle arm…I'll stop posting the same s**t.

sound fair?

Or are we just allowed to lie about what others say so we can diminish their comments in here? Please let me know because yeah it's getting annoying having to defend my comments because people are over sensitive about a player or are straight up lying
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 1, 2023 at 12:15 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone