There are 247 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by thl408:
We get it bro. But be sure to tell us again in an hour because some of us may forget by then.

When people stop b******ting about the same s**t and making up comments of me saying he has a noodle arm…I'll stop posting the same s**t.

sound fair?

Or are we just allowed to lie about what others say so we can diminish their comments in here? Please let me know because yeah it's getting annoying having to defend my comments because people are over sensitive about a player or are straight up lying

How about not giving a s**t what some random strangers on the internet say? Who cares, it's just a bunch of screennames. You know the truth and that's what matters.
How much arm strength is needed .. Purdy is throwing 30 yards easily with a flick of the wrist.. and on the run in the last game

what about his quad strength.. is that up to par for QB sneaks ?
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 1, 2023 at 12:20 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
How much arm strength is needed .. Purdy is throwing 30 yards easily with a flick of the wrist.. and on the run in the last game

what about his quad strength.. is that up to par for QB sneaks ?

Quadzilla, thigh talent for days
How about not giving a s**t what some random strangers on the internet say? Who cares, it's just a bunch of screennames. You know the truth and that's what matters.

We all care man.

If I made a b******t comment about you…basically lying about what you said, you'd defend yourself. Or at least I hope you would.

• Furlow
  • Veteran

We all care man.

If I made a b******t comment about you…basically lying about what you said, you'd defend yourself. Or at least I hope you would.

I don't recall you saying noodle arm, but you definitely said it was bottom tier (I think you said bottom 3-5 in the league) and correct me if I'm wrong - felt that his lack of arm strength would cost us games and possibly a chance at winning the Super Bowl. That was a big point you made about Jimmy; that his physical limitations would hold the offense back from being elite. Do you still feel this way about Purdy? Do you still think that we should be drafting and looking for a QB with elite physical gifts, to replace Purdy?

The reason you get some much s**t in here is because despite praising Purdy (which you do), you find a way to bring up his lack of elite arm strength as if it's something he has to overcome. After this many games, I simply do not see any possible way that arm strength is an issue for him.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Chance:
I say the article about Cowherd commenting on Purdy wearing his hat backwards at the podium. It's no huge deal but I think the backward hat look is bad. It was bad 20 yers ago and it's still bad today. It really does make a person look like a frat boy or video gamer. I know Brock is young but he's the QB for one of the top franchises in the league. Part of being a leader is looking like one.

Like I said, it's not a huge issue but he could easily just turn that hat around and show the team logo.

This is all I think of when I hear people complain about someone wearing a backwards hat

Lol, totally. Such a boomer take.

You're right. And yours is a frat boy take. I don't have to like every fad that comes along. I never cared for the backwards hat, the sideways hat or the pants falling off look. I wear hats all the time but never backwards. It defeats the purpose of keeping the sun out of the eyes.

Anyway it's not a huge deal but it just doesn't look very professional. Remember, he's dealing with a lot of older people in the press. If Kittle wants to look goofy then that's fine because he's not the leader and the face of the franchise. I would just like to see him look as professional as he plays.

Do you tuck your t shirt into your shorts too?
  • thl408

We all care man.

Maybe once I would. Don't take this personal but I don't care what you think. Likewise though, you shouldn't care what I think. I'm nobody to you.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
I say the article about Cowherd commenting on Purdy wearing his hat backwards at the podium. It's no huge deal but I think the backward hat look is bad. It was bad 20 yers ago and it's still bad today. It really does make a person look like a frat boy or video gamer. I know Brock is young but he's the QB for one of the top franchises in the league. Part of being a leader is looking like one.

Like I said, it's not a huge issue but he could easily just turn that hat around and show the team logo.

This is all I think of when I hear people complain about someone wearing a backwards hat

You're right. And yours is a frat boy take. I don't have to like every fad that comes along. I never cared for the backwards hat, the sideways hat or the pants falling off look. I wear hats all the time but never backwards. It defeats the purpose of keeping the sun out of the eyes.

Anyway it's not a huge deal but it just doesn't look very professional. Remember, he's dealing with a lot of older people in the press. If Kittle wants to look goofy then that's fine because he's not the leader and the face of the franchise. I would just like to see him look as professional as he plays.

Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

I agree with CM, ain't nothing wrong about looking professional / dapper
it's just a matter of taste, or opinion

I don't recall you saying noodle arm, but you definitely said it was bottom tier (I think you said bottom 3-5 in the league) and correct me if I'm wrong - felt that his lack of arm strength would cost us games and possibly a chance at winning the Super Bowl. That was a big point you made about Jimmy; that his physical limitations would hold the offense back from being elite. Do you still feel this way about Purdy? Do you still think that we should be drafting and looking for a QB with elite physical gifts, to replace Purdy?

The reason you get some much s**t in here is because despite praising Purdy (which you do), you find a way to bring up his lack of elite arm strength as if it's something he has to overcome. After this many games, I simply do not see any possible way that arm strength is an issue for him.

good summation
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I agree with CM, ain't nothing wrong about looking professional / dapper
it's just a matter of taste, or opinion

Jalen was a poor example of that though, lol. Ditch the hat, get a suit, shave the facial hair. All in or all out.

I said it wasn't a positive and yes bottom tier. I didn't bring up his arm anything…someone went out of their way to say he had the same arm strength as Kap/Lance and any objective normal person would absolutely disagree with that statement.

We won't know it's a real issue until it is…so far so good with him overall though. You can be a good even great QB without have a high end arm. We've had examples of it. Doesn't mean they had strong arms even though they were successful.

people toss s**t towards me (and a select few) because if you're not completely positive about a 49er QB, then you're a hater. It's no different than the crap debates we had for years about Jimmy with the same people defending anything that wasn't great.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Quadzilla, thigh talent for days

Noodle quads lol

Naa he got more thighs than KFC
We all care man.

I don't really care what ppl say about me..it's the internet..eventually, someone is gunna say some s**t haha
Share 49ersWebzone