Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Quadzilla, thigh talent for days

Noodle quads lol

Naa he got more thighs than KFC
lol noodle quads... thats a first
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
You said he has a passable arm when he arguably has the best arm in the NFL based on facts and statistics.

Agree to disagree.

Kirk was leading the league in air yards when at Washington. Do yo think he has the best arm in the league then?

Air yards?

Brock leads the league in a lot more passing categories than that.

By what measure is Brock's arm merely passable?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
I don't recall you saying noodle arm, but you definitely said it was bottom tier (I think you said bottom 3-5 in the league) and correct me if I'm wrong - felt that his lack of arm strength would cost us games and possibly a chance at winning the Super Bowl. That was a big point you made about Jimmy; that his physical limitations would hold the offense back from being elite. Do you still feel this way about Purdy? Do you still think that we should be drafting and looking for a QB with elite physical gifts, to replace Purdy?

The reason you get some much s**t in here is because despite praising Purdy (which you do), you find a way to bring up his lack of elite arm strength as if it's something he has to overcome. After this many games, I simply do not see any possible way that arm strength is an issue for him.

I said it wasn't a positive and yes bottom tier. I didn't bring up his arm anything…someone went out of their way to say he had the same arm strength as Kap/Lance and any objective normal person would absolutely disagree with that statement.

We won't know it's a real issue until it is…so far so good with him overall though. You can be a good even great QB without have a high end arm. We've had examples of it. Doesn't mean they had strong arms even though they were successful.

people toss s**t towards me (and a select few) because if you're not completely positive about a 49er QB, then you're a hater. It's no different than the crap debates we had for years about Jimmy with the same people defending anything that wasn't great.

Kind of answered one of my questions; "We won't know it's a real issue until it is." Pretty much every poster in here besides you feels that it isn't and won't ever be an issue. In what situation do you feel it would be an issue? Because the only thing I can think of is we need a TD and we need a hail mary from our own 40-45. Other than that, what is your concern?

You didn't answer my other question; do you think we should be drafting and looking for Purdy's replacement (a QB with elite physical talent)?
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
No question he's accurate but I don't look at passer rating as anything special. JG had a high passer rating and all he did was throw 5 yards past the line of scrimmage. It's a bad stat. QBR is a better measure. I believe most of the stat geeks look at anything longer than 20 yards s a deep pass. Maybe it's 25. Any QB in the NFL can throw that far. It's his accuracy and quick decisions and intelligence that make him good. Not his arm strength, size or speed.

What measure of deep passing takes Brock out of the top tier?

His arms is strong enough to be the best deep passer in the NFL this year.
Please explain QB rating for me….i remember Lance having a great passer rating vs the Texans and you all said he was s**t. That game vs LV he had a great QB rating and everyone said he was horrible.

it's either a reliable stat or it's not…let's stop cherry picking it when it fits our narrative.

Like I said Kirk was damn near the top (if not the top) in a ton of deep ball metrics. Does that mean he has the best arm in the league?

im not changing a damn thing about what I said. You think he has the best arm in football. I don't. I think his arm strength is passable you think it's elite. Agree to disagree

Kirk Cousins doesn't have a bad arm. Why are you bringing him up.
I think Brock has been the best passer in the league and is showing his arm is among the best in the NFL overall.

So, you have moved on from his arm being passable to one component of throwing being passable. Accuracy and touch matter.
  • thl408
Originally posted by tankle104:
Brock doesn't have a special arm or anything but his "arm talent" is more than enough. He def doesn't hold him back, it just doesn't make it where he can be late all the time and still fit the ball in like a Mahommes/Allen. Most guys don't have that kind of arm, it's rare. It's even rarer to see a guy with that kind of arm and the rest of Brock's traits.

I'll take Brock's traits and his current arm than a much better arm and worse traits. Lol

having great "arm talent" has to be one of the most overrated aspects of evaluating a qb ever, IMO. It's almost like saying a guy has a great 40, so he has great leg talent. Lol so much more to running great routes and creating space than being fast.

Good analogy with the 40 time and how running good routes is so much more than just being fast. Rice wasn't 4.3 but he made all his routes look the same. His release off the line was elite.

Brock isn't throwing 60mph but he can layer his throws, throws with elite anticipation and accuracy.

I've seen Brock make a 12 yard Out from the far hash. It's on the menu for him and that's good enough for me.
Originally posted by thl408:
We get it bro. But be sure to tell us again in an hour because some of us may forget by then.

When people stop b******ting about the same s**t and making up comments of me saying he has a noodle arm…I'll stop posting the same s**t.

sound fair?

Or are we just allowed to lie about what others say so we can diminish their comments in here? Please let me know because yeah it's getting annoying having to defend my comments because people are over sensitive about a player or are straight up lying

You said his arm is not plus, which seems to mean you think he has an average arm. You keep making that argument and also saying Trey does have a plus arm.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I hate the stupid take that Purdy doesn't win when he's trailing in a game. Why is that stupid to me, well for one he's only started 17 games and you're gonna say that after three losses. Colin Cowherd and Eric Mangini are morons for saying this. They act like Hurts was good right off the bat. All these idiot takes because he's successful so early in his career.
I just hope BP is nasty and dirty to those s**tbags at Philly. Stomping SEA is one thing, winning against PHL would be the ultimate, besides Homer. Both of which I definitely think are possible.

Meh..just looked 80% chance of rain. f**k that
We all care man.

If I made a b******t comment about you…basically lying about what you said, you'd defend yourself. Or at least I hope you would.

I don't really care what ppl say about me..it's the internet..eventually, someone is gunna say some s**t haha

Oh no doubt…I just think it's wild that people care more about me defending myself vs dealing with the dude who blatantly lied to push a narrative.

You said his arm is not plus, which seems to mean you think he has an average arm. You keep making that argument and also saying Trey does have a plus arm.

It's not a plus, overall Brock won't ever be known as a guy with a strong arm. Not sure how many times I have to say that. That doesn't mean I think he sucks or can't be successful.

Lance/Kap have vastly stronger arms…this shouldn't be some wild take.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Brock doesn't have a special arm or anything but his "arm talent" is more than enough. He def doesn't hold him back, it just doesn't make it where he can be late all the time and still fit the ball in like a Mahommes/Allen. Most guys don't have that kind of arm, it's rare. It's even rarer to see a guy with that kind of arm and the rest of Brock's traits.

I'll take Brock's traits and his current arm than a much better arm and worse traits. Lol

having great "arm talent" has to be one of the most overrated aspects of evaluating a qb ever, IMO. It's almost like saying a guy has a great 40, so he has great leg talent. Lol so much more to running great routes and creating space than being fast.

Good analogy with the 40 time and how running good routes is so much more than just being fast. Rice wasn't 4.3 but he made all his routes look the same. His release off the line was elite.

Brock isn't throwing 60mph but he can layer his throws, throws with elite anticipation and accuracy.

I've seen Brock make a 12 yard Out from the far hash. It's on the menu for him and that's good enough for me.

40 time is a GREAT analogy. Would much rather have Ed Reed and his 4.6 40 than Taylor Mays and his 4.4 40.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
No question he's accurate but I don't look at passer rating as anything special. JG had a high passer rating and all he did was throw 5 yards past the line of scrimmage. It's a bad stat. QBR is a better measure. I believe most of the stat geeks look at anything longer than 20 yards s a deep pass. Maybe it's 25. Any QB in the NFL can throw that far. It's his accuracy and quick decisions and intelligence that make him good. Not his arm strength, size or speed.

What measure of deep passing takes Brock out of the top tier?

His arms is strong enough to be the best deep passer in the NFL this year.

5 seconds left in the game, we need a TD, and we're at our own 40-45 yard line. That's the only situation I can think of where I'd wish he had a stronger arm.
So, if somehow we lose..are ppl gunna s**t all over BP again and go all ghostown on all these glowing comments about him?
So, if somehow we lose..are ppl gunna s**t all over BP again and go all ghostown on all these glowing comments about him?
who cares, we have 5 more games to go
Share 49ersWebzone