There are 219 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
'Arm quality', that's a new one. Let's define that.

Accuracy, releasing from different platforms, control of speed/touch, velocity.

Brock's really good in 3 of these generic areas to me and not so great in 1… which also happens to be the least important.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Al Dente 4 MVP

Soggy doggy style noods 🍜

It is what we are talking about when we say someone has a good arm.

Accuracy to all areas of the field
Quick release
Able to make throws from different angles

That kinda thing.

Overall, I think the stats show he has a quality arm and so does the eye test.
  • thl408
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Quick release

That kinda thing.

I think having arm stamina to avoid armile dysfunction and arm fatigue should also be included. Luckily there's a pill for that.

Quick release

That kinda thing.

I think having arm stamina to avoid armile dysfunction and arm fatigue should also be included. Luckily there's a pill for that.

Forward the pills to DAL in that case

premature trajectoration
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Chance:
I mean your stance has softened quite a bit. While it would take hours to comb through previous posts to determine if you used the word "noodle" or not, you clearly implied that his arm was a liability and bottom of the barrel in the league. Brock has proven its absolutely not a liability, even if it's not a cannon. Again, learn how to take an L and you'd probably get less dudes on your case.

I never did so save you time. I said his arm strength will never be a plus trait of his. Doesn't mean he can't be a great QB. Not sure how many more times I need to write that for ya'll get it.

There's no loss to take, his arm strength isn't a valuable asset or some great trait he possesses. He has other qualities that help him be successful at the highest level.

I don't care about debating people, that's fine. I do care about people lying about what I said or just flat disregarding what I wrote because they get all uptight that I don't think he's a 10 out of 10 for every QB trait.

This is revisionist history. You implied his arm strength was a liability, bottom tier of the league, which it hasn't been. So yes, you were wrong. If the argument before had been that his arm is good enough to make all the throws but it isn't the strongest, no one would have blinked an eye. But those previous arguments only existed because you were saying that his arm strength was poor. You're trying to launder your previous takes to put them in a more favorable light, but pepperidge farm remembers.
I mean your stance has softened quite a bit. While it would take hours to comb through previous posts to determine if you used the word "noodle" or not, you clearly implied that his arm was a liability [/i]and bottom of the barrel in the league. Brock has proven its absolutely not a liability, even if it's not a cannon. Again, learn how to take an L and you'd probably get less dudes on your case.

And he will regress to the mean of all NFL qbs.

And he will throw a lot of INTs.

And his road stats suck.

Yeah, at this point guys just know that NY was wrong. Bottom line. Backpedaling or saying, I'm allowed to change my opinion is all good and well as long as you admit that your opinion was wrong in the first place. He certainly has not regressed to the mean he has gotten better. It should be an easy thing to admit, but then again people don't like admitting when they're wrong. It's not a big deal. At least NY supports Purdy, even if he takes jabs at his arm strength. You don't see any respectable analyst saying that kind of stuff about Purdy, They just admire how great he has been
Oh so now his arm is meh? Wait, what's better, passable or meh? I think it goes soggy noodle, firm noodle, meh, passable, not plus, average, above average, plus, elite, bazooka, howitzer. I'm just teasing, NY, this post doesn't deserve a response.

Where does isn't dogs**t slot in?

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
I mean your stance has softened quite a bit. While it would take hours to comb through previous posts to determine if you used the word "noodle" or not, you clearly implied that his arm was a liability [/i]and bottom of the barrel in the league. Brock has proven its absolutely not a liability, even if it's not a cannon. Again, learn how to take an L and you'd probably get less dudes on your case.

And he will regress to the mean of all NFL qbs.

And he will throw a lot of INTs.

And his road stats suck.

Yeah, at this point guys just know that NY was wrong. Bottom line. Backpedaling or saying, I'm allowed to change my opinion is all good and well as long as you admit that your opinion was wrong in the first place. He certainly has not regressed to the mean he has gotten better. It should be an easy thing to admit, but then again people don't like admitting when they're wrong. It's not a big deal. At least NY supports Purdy, even if he takes jabs at his arm strength. You don't see any respectable analyst saying that kind of stuff about Purdy, They just admire how great he has been

To me it feels like NY is leaving just enough room to say "I told you so" if Purdy and the Niners come up short and don't win the Super Bowl. He still hasn't answered if he thinks we should be looking for Purdy's replacement, which to me means he thinks we should be.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Oh so now his arm is meh? Wait, what's better, passable or meh? I think it goes soggy noodle, firm noodle, meh, passable, not plus, average, above average, plus, elite, bazooka, howitzer. I'm just teasing, NY, this post doesn't deserve a response.

Where does isn't dogs**t slot in?

Lol
Originally posted by Furlow:
To me it feels like NY is leaving just enough room to say "I told you so" if Purdy and the Niners come up short and don't win the Super Bowl. He still hasn't answered if he thinks we should be looking for Purdy's replacement, which to me means he thinks we should be.

I think it's pretty obvious he has his doubts. Plus I'm pretty sure his expectations of what would be expected of Purdy is warped by what happened with Lance (ie the short-leash argument, and we don't have time to develop any* QB etc).

Personally think it's ok to have doubts. However if you think Purdy has to win the Super Bowl this year or it's time to look elsewhere, you're crazy.
Originally posted by Furlow:

the ol Kirk Cousins prophecy.. you know that may be my fav part of Brock's rise, not having to hear anymore 'we will sign Kirk in 2024' takes
yeah, i'll take the MVP candidate on a <1m per year contract, thank you very much
it's called the SB window opportunity of a lifetime, FQB on an extreme budget
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Dec 1, 2023 at 3:40 PM ]

Hahaha
Share 49ersWebzone