There are 230 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Check post history after the losses.

Yeah you're right Brock throwing RZ INTs and picks on early downs isn't something we're allowed to talk about.

my fault, I'll keep it to QB rating and only for Brock. Not other QBs because that doesn't count.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Check post history after the losses.

Yeah you're right Brock throwing RZ INTs and picks on early downs isn't something we're allowed to talk about.

my fault, I'll keep it to QB rating and only for Brock. Not other QBs because that doesn't count.

Of course you can.
I believe there were some I told you sos after the concussion INTs in Ohio.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
I think it's pretty obvious he has his doubts. Plus I'm pretty sure his expectations of what would be expected of Purdy is warped by what happened with Lance (ie the short-leash argument, and we don't have time to develop any* QB etc).

Personally think it's ok to have doubts. However if you think Purdy has to win the Super Bowl this year or it's time to look elsewhere, you're crazy.

This

But fk the doubters though
Lots of chatters online went all ghost town after the 3 game skid..like some b***h dropping her high school friend, acting like she never knew the person. Then come back all wet and slobbery after a win or two. But then don't wanna "crown" him as the one/guy/Beef Supreme..just in case they have to go back into high school b***h mode lol
[ Edited by Montana on Dec 1, 2023 at 4:16 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:

You remember all the way back to 2021?

Easy to look like you have those traits when your elite players make the plays for you.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
I can't wait for us to sign him next offseason to backup Purdy. It's going to be wild.

I'd like Brock Purdy to not get Nancy Kerrigan'd please.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by krizay:

You remember all the way back to 2021?

Easy to look like you have those traits when your elite players make the plays for you.

Not a better example than McCorkle
Not a better example than McCorkle

No different than Matt Leinart.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Post game MVP forgot to share the suit collection, and the secrets to the QB sneak

You're pic collection is to notch bro.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Post game MVP forgot to share the suit collection, and the secrets to the QB sneak

You're pic collection is to notch bro.

He still keeps them in his wallet. Thats why.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by thl408:
lol. Webmaster had a dress code for mods so I have to wear it forward facing. Once I'm off the clock I spin it 180.

The off the clock you is 80% of your success as a Mod.

hmmm. hat + off-clock?

the thl I never really quite envisioned

Originally posted by Chance:
Yeah, no s**t.

I never said Brock and Tom Brady in the same sentence.

You said Brock & Montana in the same sentence…the guy who brady and I both call the GOAT.

You said he has a passable arm when he arguably has the best arm in the NFL based on facts and statistics.

I think you've found your new niche.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Yea. But my question was how many times has Kyle even called a hail mary pass in his career? DB's get burnt week in and week out. How many hail mary passes do you see around the league on a weekly basis? Doesn't seem comparable to me.

A Hail Mary has nothing to do with arm strength. Every NFL QB can throw the ball 50 yards. If they can't, then they're not in the league. I have friends thay can toss a rainbow ball in the air 50+ yards.

Arm strength is velocity of a pass in live action. it's being able to throw a ball off balance on a rope. It's throwing into tight window with heat. I will say Brock has made throws that have given me much more confidence in his abilities there, I also don't think his arm strength is anything special. Very Andy Daltonish. Which is fine because like you said there are other traits that take precedence over arm talent/strength.

Would you grade Brock's pass to Kittle against the Jaguars with zero pocket and no follow through a + or a -? How about the many meduim range outs and deep crossers thrown from the opposite hash? Would you grade those passes a + or a -? Can you give me 1 pass that showed less than a + arm? It seems like you are coming up with a fake scenario that may never happen to hold onto your "only Knock" on Brock. Its weird to focus so hard on something that hasn't even been an issue and chances are never will be.

Interested in this as well.

I don't know how someone can see the type of throes he's made and still think his arm strength is bottom of the barrel.

Originally posted by elguapo:
Yeah, at this point guys just know that NY was wrong. Bottom line. Backpedaling or saying, I'm allowed to change my opinion is all good and well as long as you admit that your opinion was wrong in the first place. He certainly has not regressed to the mean he has gotten better. It should be an easy thing to admit, but then again people don't like admitting when they're wrong. It's not a big deal. At least NY supports Purdy, even if he takes jabs at his arm strength. You don't see any respectable analyst saying that kind of stuff about Purdy, They just admire how great he has been

What am I wrong about it backpedaling? His arm strength isn't a plus. Doesn't mean I doubt him as a starting QB in the league or he can't be successful

Unbelievable. You seriously cannot admit you're wrong about anything. It's so comical! Why do you think so many people are giving you s**t? Just man up and admit it. You were wrong about Brock Purdy regressing to the mean. Admit it man, you will probably see a lot of these people will have more respect for you. But then again, I think you care more about not being wrong than respect. It's cool. Go Niners
[ Edited by elguapo on Dec 1, 2023 at 5:10 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
I didn't say Purdy or Jimmy had the same arm strength as those guys. I said Purdy's release is way faster, so he can get the ball to the WR likely faster than Trey or Kaep (because of their long throwing motions). And no, it's nothing like baseball, because the batter has to wait for the pitch. Defenders in the NFL do not have to wait for the QB to release the football.

My god you're so wrong lol.

Which part, specifically?
Originally posted by random49er:
I think elite processing and anticipation far outweigh elite arm strength. Arm strength only seems to be a factor when a QB is late on his throws.

When you have the stars we have catching the ball...no doubt about it!!

But then the obvious question is what happens when you do not?

Same thing that happens with any QB when they do not. It's why everyone thought Brady was washed and done after 2019. He had a big bag of meh for pass catchers. It was widely reported on in NE how Brady was frustrated with his weapons. He goes to TB and has Gronk back, Evans and Godwin and he's a SB champ again.

What happened to Kurt Warner when he didn't have Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Marshall Faulk? He then went to ARI and had Fitz, Boldin, Breaston and the Edge.

There's no asterisk next to Kurt's HOF bust that says, "only HOF when he had all world talent".

BTW, Bruce, Faulk are in the HOF and Holt and Boldin are on the ballot this year, Fitz isn't eligible yet but will be first ballot.
Share 49ersWebzone