There are 258 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by mattster03:
If Purdy is not heavily in the MVP talk at this point, it's rigged

Purdy is the mvp talk 😈. He just needs to finish the year strong and do work against baltimore

I genuinely didn't think Purdy was in the right system to get the numbers that get that kind of consideration with more pass centric offenses. The fact that he is is like the Barry Bonds homerun record season.

It's one of the things that makes his numbers so impressive, it really shines a light on how efficient he is. In order to have the numbers he has, he has to play at an extremely efficient level. It's extremely difficult and extremely impressive.

300+ yards with 70% completion and 4 touchdowns with 0 turnovers.

the fact he leads the lead in YPA AND! Completion percentage is insane. Idk if I've ever seen that before. Usually guys dink and dunk to lead the league in completion.
What a game! Purdy keeps his poise after a little rough start and comes back stronger & stronger as the game goes on in a tough environment vs. a really good team. Glad he's this team's QB1.
Brock Purdy = MVP

Passer Rating - 116.1 - #1
Completion % - 70.2 - #1
YPA - 9.6 - #1
TD%- 6.9 - #1
TD - 23 - #4
Yards- 3.187 - #7
Originally posted by random49er:
I genuinely didn't think Purdy was in the right system . . . . . .

The goal is a Lombardi anyway,...not an MVP trophy. Fans have taken this as a SB participation trophy in the social media era,...and I don't quite know why.

Nah, we just want both. MVP and Super Bowl MVP. You don't have to settle for just one. Brock deserves to be a front runner right now (as do a couple other guys like Lamar and CMC).

of course all of us would take the Lombardi over an MVP. We are just greedy and want an embarrassment of riches like the 80s were.

Purdy is the mvp talk 😈. He just needs to finish the year strong and do work against baltimore

I genuinely didn't think Purdy was in the right system to get the numbers that get that kind of consideration with more pass centric offenses. The fact that he is is like the Barry Bonds homerun record season.

It's one of the things that makes his numbers so impressive, it really shines a light on how efficient he is. In order to have the numbers he has, he has to play at an extremely efficient level. It's extremely difficult and extremely impressive.

the fact he leads the lead in YPA AND! Completion percentage is insane. Idk if I've ever seen that before. Usually guys dink and dunk to lead the league in completion.

That's exactly my point. He should win it running away for that VERY reason if he keeps it up.
Originally posted by random49er:
I genuinely didn't think Purdy was in the right system . . . . . .

The goal is a Lombardi anyway,...not an MVP trophy. Fans have taken this as a SB participation trophy in the social media era,...and I don't quite know why.

Nah, we just want both. MVP and Super Bowl MVP. You don't have to settle for just one. Brock deserves to be a front runner right now (as do a couple other guys like Lamar and CMC).

of course all of us would take the Lombardi over an MVP. We are just greedy and want an embarrassment of riches like the 80s were.

That's not greedy. That's just the 49er way.
Brock with almost a 4-1 TD-int ratio after week 13 is not something I anticipated. Lol orgasmic
4 tds against Philly. Purdy is the MVP!!!
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Brock Purdy = MVP

Passer Rating - 116.1 - #1
Completion % - 70.2 - #1
YPA - 9.6 - #1
TD%- 6.9 - #1
TD - 23 - #4
Yards- 3.187 - #7

And his attempts?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
That Olsen kept talking about the 49ers being a heavy passing offense like they were the 2013 Broncos was kind of mind-blowing. But then you look and see that they are becoming a heavy passing offense. WTF is going on???

I mean I hope people take a peak to see who has the heaviest passing offense right now and eventually move on to what wins games,...which is efficiency.

Purdy is not a guy you want right now throwing tons of passes and he's in a system that couldn't fit his strengths any better.

More is not always better.
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 3, 2023 at 5:30 PM ]

That Olsen kept talking about the 49ers being a heavy passing offense like they were the 2013 Broncos was kind of mind-blowing. But then you look and see that they are becoming a heavy passing offense. WTF is going on???
but rush attempts say we are not ?

That's exactly my point. He should win it running away for that VERY reason if he keeps it up.

If he finishes the season strong, especially against baltimore, and the 1 seed - I think he will get it. He def should be in consideration for one of the all pros if he keeps this up.
Imagine if this kid had the eagles pass protection.

I have no idea but I'm loving it!
I told ya!! Suck all u haters during the 3 game skid u pussies!
Share 49ersWebzone