There are 219 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Trent and deebo with the all black outfits that cost like a mil and Brock just wearing a Adidas running jacket. Lmao dudes so casual. Love it. Dresses like me.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by mattster03:
If Purdy is not heavily in the MVP talk at this point, it's rigged

Purdy is the mvp talk 😈. He just needs to finish the year strong and do work against baltimore

I genuinely didn't think Purdy was in the right system to get the numbers that get that kind of consideration with more pass centric offenses. The fact that he is is like the Barry Bonds homerun record season.

It's one of the things that makes his numbers so impressive, it really shines a light on how efficient he is. In order to have the numbers he has, he has to play at an extremely efficient level. It's extremely difficult and extremely impressive.

300+ yards with 70% completion and 4 touchdowns with 0 turnovers.

the fact he leads the lead in YPA AND! Completion percentage is insane. Idk if I've ever seen that before. Usually guys dink and dunk to lead the league in completion.

His TD% is going to be 6.9% and #1 in the NFL after this week as well. Passer rating will be close to 120. Ridiculous numbers.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Brock Purdy = MVP

Passer Rating - 116.1 - #1
Completion % - 70.2 - #1
YPA - 9.6 - #1
TD%- 6.9 - #1
TD - 23 - #4
Yards- 3.187 - #7

Where'd you see these updated already?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Imagine if this kid had the eagles pass protection.

That one play where Hurts had like 13 seconds. LOL. I was a tad worried at that point.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Brock Purdy = MVP

Completion % - 70.2 - #1
YPA - 9.6 - #1
TD%- 6.9 - #1
TD - 23 - #4
Yards- 3.187 - #7

And his attempts?

Still close to last in the NFL lol.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by mattster03:
If Purdy is not heavily in the MVP talk at this point, it's rigged

Purdy is the mvp talk 😈. He just needs to finish the year strong and do work against baltimore

I genuinely didn't think Purdy was in the right system to get the numbers that get that kind of consideration with more pass centric offenses. The fact that he is is like the Barry Bonds homerun record season.

It's one of the things that makes his numbers so impressive, it really shines a light on how efficient he is. In order to have the numbers he has, he has to play at an extremely efficient level. It's extremely difficult and extremely impressive.

300+ yards with 70% completion and 4 touchdowns with 0 turnovers.

the fact he leads the lead in YPA AND! Completion percentage is insane. Idk if I've ever seen that before. Usually guys dink and dunk to lead the league in completion.

His TD% is going to be 6.9% and #1 in the NFL after this week as well. Passer rating will be close to 120. Ridiculous numbers.

They're staggering. Might be unprecedented from an efficiency standpoint, or at least up there with the best of all time. It really is unreal, I'm as big of a Brock fan as anykne, but I didn't expect this level of play this year. I thought he'd be awesome but this is just special.
Brock Purdy = MVP

Completion % - 70.2 - #1
YPA - 9.6 - #1
TD%- 6.9 - #1
TD - 23 - #4
Yards- 3.187 - #7

And his attempts?

#23 in the NFL. That is the most impressive part. It shows in the fact that he is crushing the league in YPA
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Brock with almost a 4-1 TD-int ratio after week 13 is not something I anticipated. Lol orgasmic

What? You didn't expect a regression to the mean?
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
That Olsen kept talking about the 49ers being a heavy passing offense like they were the 2013 Broncos was kind of mind-blowing. But then you look and see that they are becoming a heavy passing offense. WTF is going on???

I mean I hope people take a peak to see who has the heaviest passing offense right now and eventually move on to what wins games,...which is efficiency.

Purdy is not a guy you want right now throwing tons of passes and he's in a system that couldn't fit his strengths any better.

reminds me of a very rich man's peak Eli Manning...so many similarities with the gun slinger mentality, short memory and top tier play action.

I don't know what percentage of Brock's chunk plays revolve around play action...but the eyeball test tells me he feasts on play action.

I think this is what Eli could have been if he had the ability to read a defense like Brock can.

Thank goodness Dallas never got a hold of a dude like Brock during the 90s....he would have been unbeatable with Norv and that line.

49ers need to beef the hell out of the Line this off season.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

That Olsen kept talking about the 49ers being a heavy passing offense like they were the 2013 Broncos was kind of mind-blowing. But then you look and see that they are becoming a heavy passing offense. WTF is going on???
but rush attempts say we are not ?

27 pass attempts, 25 rushing attempts. Not exactly pass heavy lol. But yes, Kyle was making an effort early to establish the pass rather than running into the pile. Good adjustment.
Now it's time to start wondering what his 2nd contract will look like.
Purdy haters always a big fat b***h

lFG.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Imagine if this kid had the eagles pass protection.

By next year, I hope he does!
Originally posted by Giedi:
Brock with almost a 4-1 TD-int ratio after week 13 is not something I anticipated. Lol orgasmic

What? You didn't expect a regression to the mean?

lol not Tank.....

Tank is the is the guy that gave me the kool-aid....
Share 49ersWebzone