There are 226 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
yeah he threw 4 TD's but those were mostly YAC, no Air yards

and he threw it to really good players so doesnt count

He also had blockers, getting carried like a mofo.

nick mullens could do what purdy did!
Complete contrast from Hurts, who had all day to throw. Purdy outclassed him bar none.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

There were air yards on some of them. Also as the WZ guys say. Ball placement allows yards after catch. He throws pin point a lot of the time which is great. He hit Aiyuk down the field a few times and Kittle too. Deebo ones were a lot of YAC. But what's wrong or bad about that?

The pass to CMC down the left sideline in the second half was special. Throwing toward the sideline and leading CMC so he didn't break stride added 15 yards. If CMC had to wait for the ball or otherwise adjust, the DB would have held him to a minimal gain. Accuracy = YAC.

You see the arm talent and accuracy in every game. I agree.
6 straight TD drives? Who did that last, Montana or Young? Seems every week he's breaking or tying a record
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

and he threw it to really good players so doesnt count

He also had blockers, getting carried like a mofo.

nick mullens could do what purdy did!

We'd be undefeated with Baker Mayfield.
Pisses me off that the media say Purdy can't win when his best players are hurt. No f**king s**t guys, who can? How exactly did Mahomes do when Kelce was out?
Originally posted by BrockIsHim:
Complete contrast from Hurts, who had all day to throw. Purdy outclassed him bar none.

Purdy can process and slice and dice a defense all day long. He's was easily the superior QB on the field today. Hurts is deer in headlights when it comes to staying in the pocket. Just contain him in the pocket that that offense goes to s**t.
Originally posted by Heroism:
The throw to CMC on the fade/wheel was a thing of beauty. Purdy feathered it right into CMC's hands.

That was a beautiful thing, my friend! *Donnie brasco voice*
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Pisses me off that the media say Purdy can't win when his best players are hurt. No f**king s**t guys, who can? How exactly did Mahomes do when Kelce was out?

Obviously true.
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
Originally posted by BrockIsHim:

Purdy can process and slice and dice a defense all day long. He's was easily the superior QB on the field today. Hurts is deer in headlights when it comes to staying in the pocket. Just contain him in the pocket that that offense goes to s**t.

Dude was just tossing up trash hoping for a PI

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by JMC52:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Montana:
Purdy haters always a big fat b***h

lFG.

Purdy haters aka Kyle nut huggers. Give Brock his due!

Brocks play has made me realize how amazing of a coaching job kyle did with Jimmy. I was a Jimmy supporter, but damn. I knew Jimmy had limitations but I didn't realize how much he was holding us back.

kyle and Brock unleash each other - it's a beautiful thing.

Yay we are all finding common ground

Overwhelming majority. Not all. I appreciate posters like Furlow being able to admit he was wrong and be excited for what we are experiencing. Because it's truly special so far. Unfortunately there are still some posters calling a near perfect performance "fine" and will never be able to admit they were wrong.

Already saw one Tweet that said Purdy played "fine" today lol.

I always find those "takes" comical cause it clearly shows that some don't know the first thing about playing QB at a high level. Lol

man if Brock has the eagles O line, his numbers would be staggering (more so).i think hurts is a really good qb (although I question elite) but his processing seems slow. Love his heart and leadership though, dude is stone cold out there. Throws really good fades too.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
And that's the draft folks.

ZEXY.
His arm is a lot better than most QBs. Every throw is a tight spiral. It has some crazy rotation to keep it that tight. He also reminds me of Rodgers. The man throws into coverage but accurate to allow receivers to run.

For example this game I Mahomes and Love hitting wide open guys downfield while today most of Brock's throws were in windows.
Originally posted by Eddie_D:
His arm is a lot better than most QBs. Every throw is a tight spiral. It has some crazy rotation to keep it that tight. He also reminds me of Rodgers. The man throws into coverage but accurate to allow receivers to run.

For example this game I Mahomes and Love hitting wide open guys downfield while today most of Brock's throws were in windows.

I have been trying to tellya

"But he is not the guy"

LOL
The play I referenced a page back. Niners are only up one score on 3rd and 2. BCB gives no f**ks and uncorks a pearl to CMC.

Share 49ersWebzone