Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Because Aiyuk's route was FLAT. Purdy threw it more like a post, AWAY from Aiyuk's route path. That's outside the structure of the play/route. Not to mention the check down was wide open. As I keep saying, Purdy is pushing the limits of Kyle's system and play designs. This is a good thing and what you want a QB to do.

Why are you so hell bent on the head coach getting the credit? I'm almost 50 years old and I have never known a group of fans who put the coach in front of the players. So damn strange lol
hell bent ? Not hell bent, but it is false. Your interpretation of what happened is not a fact. so I'm not sure why a 50 YO is so hell bent to make things up to spite the coach.

You were already incorrect on your first attempt on this, now you spinned into another and about to be corrected again.

Purdy is not throwing prayer balls and hoping the Aiyuk is there. Aiyuk should be in that area and no where else

Read

Originally posted by thl408:
Yes, Brock threw Aiyuk open. I agree with Chase(?) that Aiyuk was running more of a Dig. Brock led him to a more open area by leading him to the Post. It is not a 'route adjustment' only because that term is reserved for when the WR changes his route based off the coverage he is seeing (as part of the play's design). I didn't come up with these terms, that's just what it's called. I see where the confusion started now.

The spot that Purdy threw it to Aiyuk was NOT the route nor the design. He does this A LOT. That is Purdy, not Kyle.

Continue worshipping the coach though by all means if that makes you feel good.
one thing for sure, it's not a dig route. If it was a dig that ball is overthrown easy... thats if you know what a dig route is

You can't run a dig and continue to go deep. Aiyuk was the deep option while Kittle was the shorter option in that play call. digs are not deep options as they stop going vertical

for you to be correct, Purdy gambled and threw the ball to where no receiver should be (before his receiver makes his break) while simultaneously Aiyuk running the wrong route (without knowing since he has his back to the QB and before he made his break).

just some back yard ball going on.. and with no mention of it in the presser.. got it

lol

No, it was 100% a DIG. Not sure where you're getting it wasn't.

Kyle confirmed it was a Dagger concept, from that formation it's what Kyle calls a, "widen dover" which dover is his name for a DIG. His "dig" is an 18 yard stop route down the seam.

You can see from the all-22, that Aiyik breaks to the middle sees ball thrown and then adjusts vertical to the throw.

And no, Kittle wasn't the short option. He ran a thru route which is the route vs MOFC.

Not to be a jackhole here, but you're being pretty snarky for something you're wrong on.

If I wasn't using my comp for watching the games right now I'd post the play along with the all-22 but that's 30 min of my time. You can go watch my Seahawks review and that's the last play I cover.
Digs don't go vertical. If BA ran a dig that ball gets overthrown. In no way does BA run a lazy enough route where he can break off his route called without knowing where the ball would be after the ball was thrown. Some may be reading into that in step as being a dig but it couldn't be

Like i said, the chance of two players throwing and running to where they shouldn't be and connecting is pretty wild. Throw in that both of them didn't know the ball was thrown or know the receiver ran a different route. Which is what furlow is saying. "Purdy and BA are not playing what Kyle called"

Watch the all-22, dude. Aiyuk CLEARLY breaks IN and THEN changes his route vertically after he sees the pass coming in. At this point you're arguing against Chase Daniel (a former NFL QB and current analyst) and jonnydel who knows the most about the Niners offense of anyone on the Zone. Come on now.
no matter who breaks down the film, it's all opinion which has been said multiple times by Cosell, Jto, Chase.

that extra step is just a step and not a route. There are posts that have that move in them.

But this is not about Chase or whoever. this is about what you said That both player did not follow the play called to spite the coach

Kyle confirmed it was a Dagger. Don't know why this is an argument. It's a play we run like 3x a game every game.

I'm not saying it's a deep in just because. I've seen that play at least 40x the past 2 seasons. I think I know what it looks like.
So you agree with furlow that Purdy/Aiuyk is not following Kyle'a play call cause that is not Kyle's design ?
Originally posted by Heroism:
The play I referenced a page back. Niners are only up one score on 3rd and 2. BCB gives no f**ks and uncorks a pearl to CMC.

Feels so good to hit this play. We've ran it a lot over the years. It's a basic concept. Jennings is running a basic route(in route at 12-14 yards) and then your pair with a "rail" route which is a sweeping go route from the RB.

From another angle in the broadcast I could see Jennjgns ran the basic.

Kyle's play-call for this is X-basic

Usually it's "X-basic Zcross" which will add a mesh concept to it.
Because Aiyuk's route was FLAT. Purdy threw it more like a post, AWAY from Aiyuk's route path. That's outside the structure of the play/route. Not to mention the check down was wide open. As I keep saying, Purdy is pushing the limits of Kyle's system and play designs. This is a good thing and what you want a QB to do.

Why are you so hell bent on the head coach getting the credit? I'm almost 50 years old and I have never known a group of fans who put the coach in front of the players. So damn strange lol
hell bent ? Not hell bent, but it is false. Your interpretation of what happened is not a fact. so I'm not sure why a 50 YO is so hell bent to make things up to spite the coach.

You were already incorrect on your first attempt on this, now you spinned into another and about to be corrected again.

Purdy is not throwing prayer balls and hoping the Aiyuk is there. Aiyuk should be in that area and no where else

Read

Yes, Brock threw Aiyuk open. I agree with Chase(?) that Aiyuk was running more of a Dig. Brock led him to a more open area by leading him to the Post. It is not a 'route adjustment' only because that term is reserved for when the WR changes his route based off the coverage he is seeing (as part of the play's design). I didn't come up with these terms, that's just what it's called. I see where the confusion started now.

The spot that Purdy threw it to Aiyuk was NOT the route nor the design. He does this A LOT. That is Purdy, not Kyle.

one thing for sure, it's not a dig route. If it was a dig that ball is overthrown easy... thats if you know what a dig route is

You can't run a dig and continue to go deep. Aiyuk was the deep option while Kittle was the shorter option in that play call. digs are not deep options as they stop going vertical

for you to be correct, Purdy gambled and threw the ball to where no receiver should be (before his receiver makes his break) while simultaneously Aiyuk running the wrong route (without knowing since he has his back to the QB and before he made his break).

just some back yard ball going on.. and with no mention of it in the presser.. got it

lol

Kyle confirmed it was a Dagger concept, from that formation it's what Kyle calls a, "widen dover" which dover is his name for a DIG. His "dig" is an 18 yard stop route down the seam.

You can see from the all-22, that Aiyik breaks to the middle sees ball thrown and then adjusts vertical to the throw.

And no, Kittle wasn't the short option. He ran a thru route which is the route vs MOFC.

Not to be a jackhole here, but you're being pretty snarky for something you're wrong on.

If I wasn't using my comp for watching the games right now I'd post the play along with the all-22 but that's 30 min of my time. You can go watch my Seahawks review and that's the last play I cover.
Digs don't go vertical. If BA ran a dig that ball gets overthrown. In no way does BA run a lazy enough route where he can break off his route called without knowing where the ball would be after the ball was thrown. Some may be reading into that in step as being a dig but it couldn't be

Like i said, the chance of two players throwing and running to where they shouldn't be and connecting is pretty wild. Throw in that both of them didn't know the ball was thrown or know the receiver ran a different route. Which is what furlow is saying. "Purdy and BA are not playing what Kyle called"

Watch the all-22, dude. Aiyuk CLEARLY breaks IN and THEN changes his route vertically after he sees the pass coming in. At this point you're arguing against Chase Daniel (a former NFL QB and current analyst) and jonnydel who knows the most about the Niners offense of anyone on the Zone. Come on now.
no matter who breaks down the film, it's all opinion which has been said multiple times by Cosell, Jto, Chase.

that extra step is just a step and not a route. There are posts that have that move in them.

But this is not about Chase or whoever. this is about what you said That both player did not follow the play called to spite the coach

Kyle confirmed it was a Dagger. Don't know why this is an argument. It's a play we run like 3x a game every game.

I'm not saying it's a deep in just because. I've seen that play at least 40x the past 2 seasons. I think I know what it looks like.
So you agree with furlow that Purdy/Aiuyk is not following Kyle'a play call cause that is not Kyle's design ?

You're making a lot more out of it. It was a Dagger concept vs cover-3 buzz. The buzz safety didn't drop too far down, had depth but the FS and WILL grabbed Kittles thru route so Purdy led Aiyuk farther upfield, over the buzz safety. He led Aiyik into space. But the read was good in the 3rd level.

Read

lol

You're making a lot more out of it. It was a Dagger concept vs cover-3 buzz. The buzz safety didn't drop too far down, had depth but the FS and WILL grabbed Kittles thru route so Purdy led Aiyuk farther upfield, over the buzz safety. He led Aiyik into space. But the read was good in the 3rd level.
how am i making more of it? That was the statement made by Furlow. Purdy going against Kyle's design/play calls. All this route stuf was spun in to prove that he's not following kyles plays
Feels so good to hit this play. We've ran it a lot over the years. It's a basic concept. Jennings is running a basic route(in route at 12-14 yards) and then your pair with a "rail" route which is a sweeping go route from the RB.

There were quite a few play calls that I've seen called with jimmy under center and my eyes always go to the lower guy that's open (usually a short pass and/or dump off) and then Brock runs it 15+ yards to someone else. Feels great, baby.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Read

lol

Bro stop reaching with your weird language lol
Originally posted by Heroism:
The play I referenced a page back. Niners are only up one score on 3rd and 2. BCB gives no f**ks and uncorks a pearl to CMC.

Looking forward to your breakdown this week. This one felt real good, savoring this W for a long time!
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by tankle104:

Chills. That's dope!

I think we're gonna hear a different narrative by majority in the media tomorrow

Yeah, I'm interested in seeing what the media says tomorrow also.
I have a feeling the same ones are going to say it's because Philly played three games in 13 days and blah blah blah
am I the only one up that's brockhard, still?

am I the only one up that's brockhard, still?

Give him extra protection for brendel, burford and mckivitz via rb or tight end help and he dominates.

I'd be curious to see how he does if we ever run max protection. I have a feeling he will feast.
Continues to impress. I was always a jimmy supporter and appreciate what he did here after a dearth of even somewhat respectable qbs, but my god, is Purdy just wildly impressive. Even during the skid, it was never his fault. He's wise beyond years, and more athletic than anyone will give him credit for. Has that Jeff Garcia moxie. Love this kid. Huge win, go niners
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Yes and NO. Yes, I agree that Brock needs the best OLine money can buy or draft, for sure.

I dunno man,...have you seen the numbers?

We naturally need to draft and develop someone to replace Trent,...but that word "need" is too strong of a word. He's not a statue out there.

Id still say we do. I want to be able to dribble left and right handed so to speak. If we can be pass dominant, run dominant, or both depending on the defense played. I have upped my dream to 4 players drafted on OL. Two tackles, a center, and a guard. Lets give Purdy the Dallas O line of the 90s.
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Chills. That's dope!

I think we're gonna hear a different narrative by majority in the media tomorrow

Yeah, I'm interested in seeing what the media says tomorrow also.
I have a feeling the same ones are going to say it's because Philly played three games in 13 days and blah blah blah

Some have slowly come around, expecting more to follow tomorrow. He dominated them on the road! Idk how u can't give him respect anymore
Share 49ersWebzone