There are 221 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Give him extra protection for brendel, burford and mckivitz via rb or tight end help and he dominates.

I'd be curious to see how he does if we ever run max protection. I have a feeling he will feast.

I'd kinda like to see us replace burford with that backup guard that filled in for him, Feliciano or something like that.

I really hope we draft a talented tackle this year. Mckivitz gets annihilated so often. Lol
MVPurdy
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by tankle104:

Chills. That's dope!

I think we're gonna hear a different narrative by majority in the media tomorrow

Yeah, I'm interested in seeing what the media says tomorrow also.
I have a feeling the same ones are going to say it's because Philly played three games in 13 days and blah blah blah

Some have slowly come around, expecting more to follow tomorrow. He dominated them on the road! Idk how u can't give him respect anymore

I don't want to hear that "they played 3 games in 13 days". They only missed one day of rest (most teams play 3 games in 14 days - that's a typical schedule). They also had the bye before they did that three game stretch.

sure, one day of rest is important but they just came off the bye and it isn't so important that you get curb stomped like they did today. Theyre just being exposed. I've been saying it for weeks, they're lucky as hell and their luck ran out.

they weren't BEATING the bills, chiefs, and cowboys. Those teams beat themselves. Eagles just did enough to steal them, they were out played in those games. Finally, they played a real team who's firing on all cylinders and their luck ran out.
Give him extra protection for brendel, burford and mckivitz via rb or tight end help and he dominates.

I'd be curious to see how he does if we ever run max protection. I have a feeling he will feast.

I'd kinda like to see us replace burford with that backup guard that filled in for him, Feliciano or something like that.

I really hope we draft a talented tackle this year. Mckivitz gets annihilated so often. Lol

Ohh I agree. Both feliciano and moore are better than him. I cant imagine anything other than veteran favoritism is keeping him in.

Swapping either of those in for him instantly takes our line from mediocre to probably above average.

Purdy dices when he has time and a large pocket to maneuver.

Ohh I agree. Both feliciano and moore are better than him. I cant imagine anything other than veteran favoritism is keeping him in.

Swapping either of those in for him instantly takes our line from mediocre to probably above average.

Purdy dices when he has time and a large pocket to maneuver.

Kyle probably doesn't see them as a big upgrade, if any. Which I doubt moore would be - he's awful too. I can see him wanting those guys starting to continue building chemistry. Usually o line guys get better the longer they play together.

mckivitz just lacks talent. He's the typical "hard work" kid but he gets abused a lot because he just isn't naturally talented enough to keep up with the better guys.
Kyle probably doesn't see them as a big upgrade, if any. Which I doubt moore would be - he's awful too. I can see him wanting those guys starting to continue building chemistry. Usually o line guys get better the longer they play together.

mckivitz just lacks talent. He's the typical "hard work" kid but he gets abused a lot because he just isn't naturally talented enough to keep up with the better guys.

Moore would be an upgrade on Burford if ever given the chance. He's just not a tackle.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Moore would be an upgrade on Burford if ever given the chance. He's just not a tackle.

Wasn't moore widely considered to be an interior guy when he was coming out of college? For some reason we've forced him into playing tackle but I feel like he's been terrible. .. and I mean TERRIBLE. Lol idk why they keep it going. Kick him inside and use him as a guy who plays guard but can play tackle in a pinch. At least those are my thoughts.

o line players are going to cost a fortune in free agency cause almost every team is hurting for o line guys. So even the average guys will get overpaid - so I think we will only get a quickly tackle/guard if we draft one in the first or second.

i feel like this draft has a lot of good lineman. We need to do whatever we can to snag one and protect Purdy. Lol
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NCommand:
OK, so this is a PSA. The last time the fans and players got this excited and cocky, they lost 3 straight.

Stay humble. And we'll get there.
#1 seed is at our finger tips, no way the players take games off

Players weren't cocky. They were injured and we had defensive issues thar our offense covered for. Those issues do not exist this time around. This team also realizes the value of a bye.
Just watched this graphic on sportscenter that said Purdy's YPA is the most through 12 games in NFL history. The next 4 on the list all went on to win MVP.
[ Edited by Bloodless on Dec 3, 2023 at 9:37 PM ]

Wasn't moore widely considered to be an interior guy when he was coming out of college? For some reason we've forced him into playing tackle but I feel like he's been terrible. .. and I mean TERRIBLE. Lol idk why they keep it going. Kick him inside and use him as a guy who plays guard but can play tackle in a pinch. At least those are my thoughts.

o line players are going to cost a fortune in free agency cause almost every team is hurting for o line guys. So even the average guys will get overpaid - so I think we will only get a quickly tackle/guard if we draft one in the first or second.

i feel like this draft has a lot of good lineman. We need to do whatever we can to snag one and protect Purdy. Lol

I'd draft 4 if it were me. You will get at least 2 serviceable ones out of them if you shotgun it.

Oline is the most bust proof drafted position and has the highest NFL starting and staying power. Statistically far better than all other positions.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/2/20/8072877/what-the-statistics-tell-us-about-the-draft-by-round

83%, 70%,40%,29% by rounds in rounds 1-4 respectively.

Originally posted by Bloodless:
Just watched this graphic on sports-center that said Purdy's YPA is the most through 12 games in NFL history. The next 4 on the list all went on to win MVP.

*saves to my spank bank*… please keep it cumming.

all jokes aside, if anyone else was doing what he was doing - they'd be the mvp leader no doubt. Every thing he's done, especially where his stats/performances stand historically, all the other guys won mvps those years.

if we end up with the 1 seed and Brock continues to ball like he has since the bye - I think he wins it hands down.

if he doesn't, no biggie cause he will win the super bowl mvp. There is a really good chance we play baltimore on Christmas and then in the Super Bowl. I don't like the idea of playing harbaugh twice but I'd like some 2012 revenge.

brock already got us seattle thanksgiving revenge this year, now 2022 NFCC revenge, next stop - 2012 SB loss revenge. Can't wait, it's going to be a blast.

I'd draft 4 if it were me. You will get at least 2 serviceable ones out of them if you shotgun it.

Oline is the most bust proof drafted position and has the highest NFL starting and staying power. Statistically far better than all other positions.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/2/20/8072877/what-the-statistics-tell-us-about-the-draft-by-round

83%, 70%,40%,29% by rounds in rounds 1-4 respectively.

Normally I'd say no to that but we have so many picks that we can and it's our biggest need.

we have a ton of young talent that will make an impact next year too. Like both our rookie TEs, Brown (safety), Beal etc. i think brown has done an admirable job but has missed a few tackles. He's a rook, so it's no biggie, but outside of that I think he's played really well.
Just watched this graphic on sportscenter that said Purdy's YPA is the most through 12 games in NFL history. The next 4 on the list all went on to win MVP.

I think the MVP race is:

Purdy
Dak
CMC
T. Hill

I would say Dak might have the slight edge, especially if he plays well and they beat the Eagles.

I think the MVP race is:

Purdy
Dak
CMC
T. Hill

I would say Dak might have the slight edge, especially if he plays well and they beat the Eagles.

hold up now, hold up
what did he wear to postgame?

-Cowherd
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
MVPurdy

He moved into 2nd best odds tonight, right behind Hurts.

Hurts + 300
Purdy +350
Prescott +400
Share 49ersWebzone