There are 204 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Better completion percentage, yards, touchdown to interception ratio, yards per attempt and rating than......

Patrick Mahomes.

Look it up if you don't believe me. Because it's TRUE!

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 3, 2023 at 9:49 PM ]
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Just watched this graphic on sportscenter that said Purdy's YPA is the most through 12 games in NFL history. The next 4 on the list all went on to win MVP.

I think the MVP race is:

Purdy
Dak
CMC
T. Hill

I would say Dak might have the slight edge, especially if he plays well and they beat the Eagles.

I think Lamar is in there somewhere too. I think realistically it's between Purdy, Lamar, & Dak. I don't see a non qb winning it - I like Purdys chances if he finishes the season strong. I think hurts chances were really hurt tonight because of the heads up loss to Brock but he has a chance too.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Dec 3, 2023 at 9:50 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Better completion percentage, touchdown to interception ratio, yards per attempt and rating than......

Patrick Mahomes.

He's #1 in nearly every metric.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Better completion percentage, touchdown to interception ratio, yards per attempt and rating than......

Patrick Mahomes.

It's pretty amazing and people still don't think he's good.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
I'd draft 4 if it were me. You will get at least 2 serviceable ones out of them if you shotgun it.

Oline is the most bust proof drafted position and has the highest NFL starting and staying power. Statistically far better than all other positions.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/2/20/8072877/what-the-statistics-tell-us-about-the-draft-by-round

83%, 70%,40%,29% by rounds in rounds 1-4 respectively.

It used to be. Not anymore. All sorts of guys are busting now because no one plays NFL blocking schemes.
we just gonna have to shell out more money if he wins MVP lol.... I rather him win Super Bowl MVP.
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
MVPurdy

He moved into 2nd best odds tonight, right behind Hurts.

Hurts + 300
Purdy +350
Prescott +400

I get Hurts has a lot of rushing TDs but outside of that he doesn't have anywhere close to passing stats. He is top 5 in nothing and outside the top 10 in most. Maybe they are predicting with the soft schedule at the end he will get the stats he needs. Just dont know how anyone could have Hurts as the MVP right now. Dak and Purdy are close but Purdy has the better #s overall and has actually beaten good teams. It has to be Purdy out of the QBs right now. But I get there is a difference between deserving the MVP and winning it.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
we just gonna have to shell out more money if he wins MVP lol.... I rather him win Super Bowl MVP.

He might win both.

Patrick Mahomes.

If he finishes the season like this, leads us to a SB, and wins NFL/SB MVP - we may not be resigning him for $50M like AB is projecting. Lol

Obviously he has to keep it up over the next few years, and I believe he will, but I'd happily pay it. Lol some think I'm nuts but I really do think he will take a slight discount because he cares about winning so much that he wants a good team to remain around him. For example, he can get like $75M at the time and he ends up taking like $50-$55M. Who knows and it's not a problem now, just a strange feeling I have.

we lucked into a special player who is going to do a lot of special things in a 49ers uniform. I said it in the off season, buckle up because it's going to be a great 15+ year.
MVPurdy

Hurts + 300
Purdy +350
Prescott +400

I get Hurts has a lot of rushing TDs but outside of that he doesn't have anywhere close to passing stats. He is top 5 in nothing and outside the top 10 in most. Maybe they are predicting with the soft schedule at the end he will get the stats he needs. Just dont know how anyone could have Hurts as the MVP right now. Dak and Purdy are close but Purdy has the better #s overall and has actually beaten good teams. It has to be Purdy out of the QBs right now. But I get there is a difference between deserving the MVP and winning it.

If Brock finishes strong and plays awesome against baltimore - he's a lock for it. I believe the mvp race is in his palms, just depends on how he finishes.

Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Just watched this graphic on sportscenter that said Purdy's YPA is the most through 12 games in NFL history. The next 4 on the list all went on to win MVP.

I think the MVP race is:

Purdy
Dak
CMC
T. Hill

I would say Dak might have the slight edge, especially if he plays well and they beat the Eagles.

I think Lamar is in there somewhere too. I think realistically it's between Purdy, Lamar, & Dak. I don't see a non qb winning it - I like Purdys chances if he finishes the season strong. I think hurts chances were really hurt tonight because of the heads up loss to Brock but he has a chance too.

Ya Lamar has been playing very well too.

Would be awesome to see a non QB win it though, CMC is very deserving of it.
Originally posted by tankle104:
MVPurdy

Hurts + 300
Purdy +350
Prescott +400

If Brock finishes strong and plays awesome against baltimore - he's a lock for it. I believe the mvp race is in his palms, just depends on how he finishes.

Yeah, It is a tight race and a lot of people still in it. Cant count out Stroud or Tua at this point either. Still 5 games left. But if the season ended today it would have to be Purdy or they would be screwing him over.
I should have put money on him for MVP last week when he was +800. He's winning it this year so that the league can pump up the whole "Mr Irrelevant" theme. Prescott just played like garbage head to head, so Purdy should already be leading, but he'll creep into a tie, then a lead over the final weeks. What a score.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Because Aiyuk's route was FLAT. Purdy threw it more like a post, AWAY from Aiyuk's route path. That's outside the structure of the play/route. Not to mention the check down was wide open. As I keep saying, Purdy is pushing the limits of Kyle's system and play designs. This is a good thing and what you want a QB to do.

Why are you so hell bent on the head coach getting the credit? I'm almost 50 years old and I have never known a group of fans who put the coach in front of the players. So damn strange lol
hell bent ? Not hell bent, but it is false. Your interpretation of what happened is not a fact. so I'm not sure why a 50 YO is so hell bent to make things up to spite the coach.

You were already incorrect on your first attempt on this, now you spinned into another and about to be corrected again.

Purdy is not throwing prayer balls and hoping the Aiyuk is there. Aiyuk should be in that area and no where else

Read

Originally posted by thl408:
Yes, Brock threw Aiyuk open. I agree with Chase(?) that Aiyuk was running more of a Dig. Brock led him to a more open area by leading him to the Post. It is not a 'route adjustment' only because that term is reserved for when the WR changes his route based off the coverage he is seeing (as part of the play's design). I didn't come up with these terms, that's just what it's called. I see where the confusion started now.

The spot that Purdy threw it to Aiyuk was NOT the route nor the design. He does this A LOT. That is Purdy, not Kyle.

Continue worshipping the coach though by all means if that makes you feel good.
one thing for sure, it's not a dig route. If it was a dig that ball is overthrown easy... thats if you know what a dig route is

You can't run a dig and continue to go deep. Aiyuk was the deep option while Kittle was the shorter option in that play call. digs are not deep options as they stop going vertical

for you to be correct, Purdy gambled and threw the ball to where no receiver should be (before his receiver makes his break) while simultaneously Aiyuk running the wrong route (without knowing since he has his back to the QB and before he made his break).

just some back yard ball going on.. and with no mention of it in the presser.. got it

lol

No, it was 100% a DIG. Not sure where you're getting it wasn't.

Kyle confirmed it was a Dagger concept, from that formation it's what Kyle calls a, "widen dover" which dover is his name for a DIG. His "dig" is an 18 yard stop route down the seam.

You can see from the all-22, that Aiyik breaks to the middle sees ball thrown and then adjusts vertical to the throw.

And no, Kittle wasn't the short option. He ran a thru route which is the route vs MOFC.

Not to be a jackhole here, but you're being pretty snarky for something you're wrong on.

If I wasn't using my comp for watching the games right now I'd post the play along with the all-22 but that's 30 min of my time. You can go watch my Seahawks review and that's the last play I cover.
Digs don't go vertical. If BA ran a dig that ball gets overthrown. In no way does BA run a lazy enough route where he can break off his route called without knowing where the ball would be after the ball was thrown. Some may be reading into that in step as being a dig but it couldn't be

Like i said, the chance of two players throwing and running to where they shouldn't be and connecting is pretty wild. Throw in that both of them didn't know the ball was thrown or know the receiver ran a different route. Which is what furlow is saying. "Purdy and BA are not playing what Kyle called"

Watch the all-22, dude. Aiyuk CLEARLY breaks IN and THEN changes his route vertically after he sees the pass coming in. At this point you're arguing against Chase Daniel (a former NFL QB and current analyst) and jonnydel who knows the most about the Niners offense of anyone on the Zone. Come on now.
no matter who breaks down the film, it's all opinion which has been said multiple times by Cosell, Jto, Chase.

that extra step is just a step and not a route. There are posts that have that move in them.

But this is not about Chase or whoever. this is about what you said That both player did not follow the play called to spite the coach

Never
wrong

told you.
Glock Purdy.
Share 49ersWebzone