Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
He is the MVP.

It is not close.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Id still say we do. I want to be able to dribble left and right handed so to speak. If we can be pass dominant, run dominant, or both depending on the defense played. I have upped my dream to 4 players drafted on OL. Two tackles, a center, and a guard. Lets give Purdy the Dallas O line of the 90s.
Absolutely Agree 💯%

From a Cap perspective, I also think it's the future way to go. ShanaLynch will lose a lot of starpower if the 49ers win the super bowl this year, the 49ers will be in a bit of a - most likely - rebuild mode for depth next year. I.e. Brock will cost 50+ million when his rookie contract is up, and guys like Aiyuk and Chase Young are going to cost a fortune to keep. Investing in the Offensive Line - giving Brock a good solid 2.5 to 3 seconds will help the passing side, as well as having more blocking talent for the running side if we have to lose Mason and Mitchel in a few years. I don't think ShanaLynch can keep Jauan, Aiyuk, Chase Young, Randy Gregory - for example. I think a good OLineman (but not great) is capwise cheaper than a good WR (but not great) - I Defer to AB81 if i'm wrong though.
Just combined his regular season and playoff career stats and he has a 112.7 passer rating with 565 pass attempts.

I'm curious how that compares to all QB's ever with 500+ pass attempts. I know for 1500+ pass attempts the leader is currently Patrick Mahomes with 104.5, a full 8 points lower than Purdy's
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Most games with 140+ passer rating since 1950, single season:

Roger Staubach (4)
Tom Brady (4)
Aaron Rodgers (4)
Brock Purdy (4)

We'll take it.

Yeah, saw that stat too. Just goes to show Brock is a generational talent.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
it AIN'T Purdy's FAULT why he's hardly behind !!!

It ain't his fault !!!

MVP!! MVP !!

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Purdy came back from behind 6pts after the 1st qtr lol
Agree 💯%
Both of you hit the nail on the head - Brock is blowing teams out and is way ahead, because he's a good and consistent QB. He doesn't have the come from behind wins, because he doesn't need to. His average game is already way ahead of the 90% of the QB's out there and so he's hardly ever behind in games - when all his weapons are healthy.
That drive after Greenlaw got banned. Those two throws. My god, those were absolutely ELITE. CHAMPIONSHIP level quarterbacking.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
His arm strength is passable. It's never gonna be a positive trait. Much like someone like Anquan Bolden wouldn't be a burner. Doesn't mean he won't be great, not his best trait.

do you want me to write that 15 more times so it sinks in? Or do you get it?

I'm going to need at least 10 more times.

Brock's arm is stronger than he's given credit for.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Wonder if Kyle should just install route adjustment options to the offense, Brock already done it for him lol

Kittle already does it anyway.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
His arm strength is passable. It's never gonna be a positive trait. Much like someone like Anquan Bolden wouldn't be a burner. Doesn't mean he won't be great, not his best trait.

do you want me to write that 15 more times so it sinks in? Or do you get it?

I'm going to need at least 10 more times.

Brock's arm is stronger than he's given credit for.

Agree 💯%, it's above average. Give it another year or two, and it will be elite. Even NY85 will believe .
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Are there any Purdy haters left in this forum?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I agree with this take.
oh GTFOH
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

You see this is why Brock isn't getting the MVP love he deserves. He's making these elite level throws that don't necessarily make highlight reels but are actually huge for keeping the train moving.

I was watching a video earlier tonight and someone made a really good point: people think that Brock has it easy only because he makes it look easy. He has really good weapons, but he is actually making them look better as well with his elite level accuracy and ball placement. People act like Aiyuk has always been this elite receiver. When it was Jimmy out there, BA didn't have his chance to shine. Even CMC/Kittle/Deebo had to fight harder to make catches and get YAC. Jennings was barely a guy that people thought was a decent third option. Insert Brock and all of the sudden we are the second coming of the greatest show on turf.

Sports media has become obsessed with WOW plays from QBs like crazy scrambles and a guy throwing a 70 yard bomb, but how often do those things happen for a QB in a game week to week? Brock is doing all of the things that are fundamental to playing the QB position at an elite level, week in and week out. There's no gimmick to his game, there is nothing really to figure out if you're an opposing defense. There isn't a physical flaw that can hold him back. He is him, plain and simple and if you want to beat him your offense also needs to come with it's A game.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
oh GTFOH

Purdy will win it. Boosts draft coverage when the very last pick becomes MVP.
Share 49ersWebzone