There are 224 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Mankster:
Originally posted by pdc20:
Great game, maybe the best of his career considering the adversity.
What impressed me the most with his performance was how calm he was even during the first two drives of the game.
Jalen Hurts is the same. Looking at them, you can't really know what the score is.
I said it everytime but Purdy's biggest strenght for me is that he's always living in the present. He's never too high, never too low.
He's also the perfect fit for Kyle Shanahan. Kyle doesn't have to change his offense because Purdy is executing it at a high level and Purdy can scramble to help the team when necessary.

I agree with everything except your take on Hurts.

***respectfully***

I think the guy is on Xanax or something similar. (Not an insult to anyone who has a medical need.) He is not just 'calm', he is a little numb...and I don't mean that as a compliment. I watched him in the Chiefs game and the game yesterday (12/3) and I swear he is drugged. He processes slooow. When we took away his first reads, you could almost see the smoke from his mental gears grinding.

Purdy, on the other hand, IS calm...but alert. Take his 1st read, he finds his 2nd or 3rd option. Cover everyone and he buys time while keeping his eyes up field. Night and day difference.

If Hurts wins the MVP...phft! We will have documented proof of East Coast bias.

Purdy is now the number one odds on favorite for mvp at 3:1. MVPurdy.

This is when Brock got us roll'n

***respectfully***

I think the guy is on Xanax or something similar. (Not an insult to anyone who has a medical need.) He is not just 'calm', he is a little numb...and I don't mean that as a compliment. I watched him in the Chiefs game and the game yesterday (12/3) and I swear he is drugged. He processes slooow. When we took away his first reads, you could almost see the smoke from his mental gears grinding.

Purdy, on the other hand, IS calm...but alert. Take his 1st read, he finds his 2nd or 3rd option. Cover everyone and he buys time while keeping his eyes up field. Night and day difference.

That's always been the knock on hurts, slow processor. He has an incredible pass blocking o line and set of weapons, without those and he's in serious trouble. I'm not saying if he has crap but if you took away one of the receivers and put in an average guy and/or an average to above average o line - he would be in serious trouble.

I've never felt like hurts was elite because I don't think hes a great passer. He's not bad but if he doesn't have his mobility, he's below-average to average as a passer. He's good, I'm not saying he isn't, but he has some serious flaws.

the amount of sacks he takes behind that o line is a crime. He holds onto the ball SO LONG because he processes slow. The offense he plays in are super simple concepts. I don't think he would do nearly as well as Brock in kyles system.
For those who don't know who this guy is - sort of. He keeps his account anonymous because he wants to be able to say things that won't come back at him on an NFL staff, in the future. I can 100% guarantee this guy is legit. He worked on Andy Reid's staff, as well as Doug Peterson's staff. He's the guy I message when I have a question about something and he's super knowledgeable and has been beyond gracious to provide me with some unreal resources. This praise, should not be taken lightly.

MVP
  • Ruixx
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

***respectfully***

That's always been the knock on hurts, slow processor. He has an incredible pass blocking o line and set of weapons, without those and he's in serious trouble. I'm not saying if he has crap but if you took away one of the receivers and put in an average guy and/or an average to above average o line - he would be in serious trouble.

I've never felt like hurts was elite because I don't think hes a great passer. He's not bad but if he doesn't have his mobility, he's below-average to average as a passer. He's good, I'm not saying he isn't, but he has some serious flaws.

the amount of sacks he takes behind that o line is a crime. He holds onto the ball SO LONG because he processes slow. The offense he plays in are super simple concepts. I don't think he would do nearly as well as Brock in kyles system.

I have never watched Hurts too much so this game was one of the first times I really saw him and it was SHOCKING how long he holds the ball. I have never seen a professional QB hold the ball that long and just look dumbfounded about what he was seeing multiple times in a row.
I just do not understand the Hurts hype, I think he's perfectly adequate but as you said it is criminal how many sacks he takes behind that oline he's got.
I have been saying forever now, Brock Brees:)

Yeah, it was crazy how long Hurts held onto the ball..idk if arrogant or just doesn't see what's going on.
I put a $50 bet in for BP to be MVP. Pays out $800. They're offering me $180! Do I take it or let it roll?
Originally posted by Montana:

Yeah, it was crazy how long Hurts held onto the ball..idk if arrogant or just doesn't see what's going on.

He's just an overrated qb. Good guy, but he is the product of the system unlike Brock. He gets his a*****e fisted for TDs and has the best oline in football. Eagles fans will b***h about that but besides physical traits Hurts doesn't do anything better than Brock.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jonnydel:
For those who don't know who this guy is - sort of. He keeps his account anonymous because he wants to be able to say things that won't come back at him on an NFL staff, in the future. I can 100% guarantee this guy is legit. He worked on Andy Reid's staff, as well as Doug Peterson's staff. He's the guy I message when I have a question about something and he's super knowledgeable and has been beyond gracious to provide me with some unreal resources. This praise, should not be taken lightly.

First off jonnydel I just want to thank you for all you do. And I love the Drew Brees comparisons every time I hear and see them. I couldn't be more happier for Brock Purdy who got his opportunity and ran away with it, I hope the kid gets a huge and I mean huge payday.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Silky:
I put a $50 bet in for BP to be MVP. Pays out $800. They're offering me $180! Do I take it or let it roll?

Let it roll!!! Don't be like me, I would take the $180. lol
Originally posted by Silky:

I am from Vegas but not much of a betting person lol I tend to cash out while I am ahead..but in this case ..:)
Originally posted by Montana:

Hurts Is fortunate he has the best OL In the league, otherwise, he'd be getting pummelled, left, right and center.
Top 5 QB In the league. Possibly top 3.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by jonnydel:

First off jonnydel I just want to thank you for all you do. And I love the Drew Brees comparisons every time I hear and see them. I couldn't be more happier for Brock Purdy who got his opportunity and ran away with it, I hope the kid gets a huge and I mean huge payday.

I will never understand how Brock able to play at this level so quickly. There must be some coaching to help him since last year obviously, but that can't be the main. Just incredible.
Share 49ersWebzone