Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Top 5 QB In the league. Possibly top 3.

Mahommes
burrow (when healthy)
Brock Montana

those are my top 3.

im still putting Allen there as well

Yeah, Allen is in my top 4. I think Brock, Allen, mahommes, and burrow are the best in the league - pound for pound. Guys you want leading your team.

allen May get the edge right now, he's been playing at a top level for a while. To me, Brock's a top 5 no doubt though.

agreed thats where i personally have him

1) Mahomes
2 Burrow
3) Allen
4) Lamar
5) Purdy
Not sure how you can not have Purdy at the top with the way others are playing
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ritz126:

Mahommes
burrow (when healthy)
Brock Montana

those are my top 3.

Yeah, Allen is in my top 4. I think Brock, Allen, mahommes, and burrow are the best in the league - pound for pound. Guys you want leading your team.

allen May get the edge right now, he's been playing at a top level for a while. To me, Brock's a top 5 no doubt though.

1) Mahomes
2 Burrow
3) Allen
4) Lamar
5) Purdy

My list is:
1) Lamar
2) Brock
3) Dak
4) Jalen
5) Allen
6) Mahomes

Mahomes has been super unimpressive this year even during some of their wins. He's still great, but this is my week 13 at this very moment list

There is Purdy and then there is everyone else
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
They're arguing on ESPN, wanting to see if Brock can come back with 14pts down to the Eagles, instead of 6pts, to be convinced of Brock. Incredible lol

That would have been much harder to overcome. Not just the points but the mental aspect. Holding the Eagles to 2 FGs on those 1st quarer drives was a huge win for the Niners. You know you're still only on score from taking the lead. Much different than being down 14 points.

Mahommes
burrow (when healthy)
Brock Montana

those are my top 3.

1) Mahomes
2 Burrow
3) Allen
4) Lamar
5) Purdy

im just talking QB in general not specifically MVP or this year's rankings

this is my QB rankings as of now if we are talking solely this year I think the only argument for a better year than Brock is Allen and even then its a stretch
[ Edited by ritz126 on Dec 4, 2023 at 7:52 AM ]
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Furlow:

Chills. That's dope!

I think we're gonna hear a different narrative by majority in the media tomorrow

Yeah, I'm interested in seeing what the media says tomorrow also.
I have a feeling the same ones are going to say it's because Philly played three games in 13 days and blah blah blah

Some have slowly come around, expecting more to follow tomorrow. He dominated them on the road! Idk how u can't give him respect anymore

I don't want to hear that "they played 3 games in 13 days". They only missed one day of rest (most teams play 3 games in 14 days - that's a typical schedule). They also had the bye before they did that three game stretch.

sure, one day of rest is important but they just came off the bye and it isn't so important that you get curb stomped like they did today. Theyre just being exposed. I've been saying it for weeks, they're lucky as hell and their luck ran out.

they weren't BEATING the bills, chiefs, and cowboys. Those teams beat themselves. Eagles just did enough to steal them, they were out played in those games. Finally, they played a real team who's firing on all cylinders and their luck ran out.
Excellent post, bravo!!

Also, WTF is the excuse for those playoff teams coming off a first round bye that lose at home?? Instead of 3 days rest, they had 7.....and instead of winning, they LOST!!!

Yeah, it's a thing, but were the 49ers going to lose yesterday if the Eagles were more rested?

I doubt it.

I think it did play a role in 42-19, but it wasn't going to be an Eagles win with more favorable circumstances.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Purdy MVP. Rex Ryan has his $$$$$ on BP. When you hear a Coach give praises to our QB, not just for MVP race, but to be compared to the best QB ever, it just refreshing to hear that we have out guy the next 10 years or more.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Possibly one of his best throws of the game. Again from the far hash. Will report as personal attack on Niner Faithfuls if post implied Brock has a weak arm.

Oops, phoenix already got this, didn't lurk until I posted lol

Agree 💯%, that was not a throw from a below average arm.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Montana in 1982 had pretty much *none* of his super stars playing with him. He went 3-6.

The 49ers went 3-6, and Montana did about as much as one could ask of a QB. The defense that year was trash, and the already anemic running game was dead last in the NFL.

Again, I'm not saying to take away every single notable player, but right now, Purdy has it about as good as it's going to get. When he gets his money, which he will deservedly get by the way he's playing, it's probably gonna cost us perhaps a few of those core players. If he keeps improving, which I don't think is unreasonable, he may be able to make up for it.

You ain't seen nuttin' yet. Wait till he gets a *real* offensive line.

Originally posted by Giedi:

Possibly one of his best throws of the game. Again from the far hash. Will report as personal attack on Niner Faithfuls if post implied Brock has a weak arm.

Oops, phoenix already got this, didn't lurk until I posted lol

Agree 💯%, that was not a throw from a below average arm.

He had CMC underneath for an easy checkdown, but iffy conversion. Instead he made the tougher throw for the absolute conversion. BP is fearless
This was another national broadcast that allowed more people to see Purdy. Sooner or later they're going to have to admit that he can play QB as well as anyone. Maybe he doesn't have the physical traits that so many teams covet but he more than makes up for it with his brains and desire.
Originally posted by Ruixx:
I have never watched Hurts too much so this game was one of the first times I really saw him and it was SHOCKING how long he holds the ball. I have never seen a professional QB hold the ball that long and just look dumbfounded about what he was seeing multiple times in a row.
I just do not understand the Hurts hype, I think he's perfectly adequate but as you said it is criminal how many sacks he takes behind that oline he's got.

If Dallas wins this next week and keeps trending, I think I want to rematch the Eagles instead of the Cowboys.

Dak makes mistakes, but at the same time threatens a defense more than Hurts.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
This was another national broadcast that allowed more people to see Purdy. Sooner or later they're going to have to admit that he can play QB as well as anyone. Maybe he doesn't have the physical traits that so many teams covet but he more than makes up for it with his brains and desire.

For winning football games, Purdy is f**king legit.

Now if you need a QB to do true heroics like Allen, Rodgers, Mahomes, then he's likely not that guy. Remember the last time we lost to the Packers at home (Juice scored a TD with about a minute and a half left), and Rodgers on the very first play or two threw a pass right beyond Warner's reach and into the next level before the safety........yeah, Brock probably can't make that throw....and neither could many other NFL QBs, including Jalen f**king Hurts.

But if you build up a decent enough football team, you will win a lot with him. If we lent him to the Bengals, he likely takes them very far this season.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

For winning football games, Purdy is f**king legit.

Now if you need a QB to do true heroics like Allen, Rodgers, Mahomes, then he's likely not that guy. Remember the last time we lost to the Packers at home (Juice scored a TD with about a minute and a half left), and Rodgers on the very first play or two threw a pass right beyond Warner's reach and into the next level before the safety........yeah, Brock probably can't make that throw....and neither could many other NFL QBs, including Jalen f**king Hurts.

But if you build up a decent enough football team, you will win a lot with him. If we lent him to the Bengals, he likely takes them very far this season.

Purdy executes the game lan and that's what most coaches want. The heroics at the end of games are fun to watch but most coaches would rather not need them.
Share 49ersWebzone