There are 200 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Montana:
Brock>Dak and it's not even close

When dak actually wins against a good team, I'll give him props. Until then, he's just like jimmy. When he's good, he's good. When it isn't going well, hes ass. He was literally dumbfounded and lost when playing us.

i want to spank him again in the playoffs.

He's beaten some good teams. He's much better than Jimmy lmao. Jimmy sucks if u haven't been paying attention.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
now I anxiously await the update from our ol boy Steve Ruiz

Brock will drop in his rankings.

Maybe he'll remove Brock entirely and replace him with Kyle as some sort of it's the system commentary
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I feel this comment on a spiritual level and I'm going to add on to this:

Not only do casual fans like physical, flashy plays, but they also really like close, flashy wins because they're so entertaining. For some reason, playing like garbage for 53 minutes and then pulling out a 24-23 win at the last minute out of your rear is considered a more highlighting, better quality win than blowing a team out 42-19. Real football fans know that the former just means you played meh or poorly for a much larger portion of the game, but casual football fans eat it up as a "sexy" win like candy while falling asleep and forgetting about blowout wins.

To me, that's the REAL reason why people are so skeptical on Purdy yet basically worshipped Wilson when he was a Seahawk. ESPN showed these game-winning drives like they were legendary hall of fame moments while people get bored watching Purdy do his thing from kickoff (or in the case of yesterday, from the start of the second quarter).

It's extremely unfair. A player who plays brilliantly from start to finish should get a LOT more props than a player who plays terribly for 55 minutes. Anyone remember the 2014 NFC Championship? Wilson literally had a 0.0 passer rating for 3 quarters but the entire league worshipped him the next day

Thank you, and yes......there's a weird bias towards winning these grinding dramatic late one drive to go games over being a dominant football player.

Montana had a bunch of those, but that was cemented by having dominant play as well. And of course back then, it was harder to be good on offense, so this was more natural.

Now that offenses are easier to function in, what's the excuse?

And yes, Wilson played horrifically in that game (he never played very well in his post season career except the Panthers game that preceded that), and people just ate it up. People tend to forget that Kaepernick would eventually win in the same manner but by then because the Niners were only a .500 team and not a winning team, people didn't care.

So much bias out there, it's crazy.

But it's good to know we're not alone.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

When dak actually wins against a good team, I'll give him props. Until then, he's just like jimmy. When he's good, he's good. When it isn't going well, hes ass. He was literally dumbfounded and lost when playing us.

He's beaten some good teams. He's much better than Jimmy lmao. Jimmy sucks if u haven't been paying attention.

Dak? He literally hasn't beat a winning team this year. The best win he has was against the Seahawks (6-6) and that was super close. Lol
Glock Purdy for MVP.

Dak? He literally hasn't beat a winning team this year. The best win he has was against the Seahawks (6-6) and that was super close. Lol

Hopefully he beats the Eagles this week, haha.

The winning team stat can be a little annoying, because one can only play their schedule.

They said Purdy hasn't lost to a winning team yet as a starter, and then I looked up the teams during losing streak and they all had losing records themselves lol....

tech Seattle was 6-5 and dallas gave them their 6th loss

Seahawks are a winning team FYI
Purdy now has the best betting odds for MVP at 3:1.
I still remember ppl calling Steve Young a homer in January for him comparing BP to Mahomes. I defo was on Steve's side during that. He was always HIM. Just took a while for others to get it. Now it's inevitable and any Purdy doubters, I hope have come to the light. Welcome to the party, it's quite a ride 😎

Sharpe is getting called out on his change of tune on Brock 8:30

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I was loving it when he scrambled and that d-back bounced off his thigh! Loved it! Lol
Originally posted by mattster03:

Sharpe is getting called out on his change of tune on Brock 8:30

His defense? People are too quick to call people elite, blamed social media and that seemed to win the argument lolol. Look over there, social media!

Hawks and Rams. But ya they've had an easier schedule, but you can only play who's on that schedule. Still, calling Dak, Jimmy, is ridiculous lol.

Purdy >> Dak though.
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Dec 4, 2023 at 10:02 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone