There are 243 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wubbie:
In the short-area of the field, I would argue that Jimmy is more accurate. But Purdy is just outperforming Jimmy in about every thing else, IMO.

All in all though, I think what's setting apart Brock Purdy from Jimmy and other QB's in this league isn't so much the accuracy... but the Anticipation.
Looking at everyone's film reviews on Youtube... Jonnydel... JT O'Sullivan... every one points out that Purdy's ANTICIPATION is his elite quality.

It's irrefutable. All you need to do is freeze the frame on videos and clearly see that he's winding up for the throw before receivers get out of their breaks. THAT is the area where he's set apart from other QB's.

Totally disagree. Brock is hitting guys perfectly in stride in the short area all over the place.
In the short-area of the field, I would argue that Jimmy is more accurate. But Purdy is just outperforming Jimmy in about every thing else, IMO.

All in all though, I think what's setting apart Brock Purdy from Jimmy and other QB's in this league isn't so much the accuracy... but the Anticipation.
Looking at everyone's film reviews on Youtube... Jonnydel... JT O'Sullivan... every one points out that Purdy's ANTICIPATION is his elite quality.

It's irrefutable. All you need to do is freeze the frame on videos and clearly see that he's winding up for the throw before receivers get out of their breaks. THAT is the area where he's set apart from other QB's.

Jimmy regularly threw balls behind guys or over guys. He got his players hurt all the time with hospital balls. His accuracy was an issue. Purdy's is elite.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Jimmy regularly threw balls behind guys or over guys. He got his players hurt all the time with hospital balls. His accuracy was an issue. Purdy's is elite.

When Purdy went over the top to CMC, it's not possible to throw a better ball than that
Originally posted by BrockIsHim:

When Purdy went over the top to CMC, it's not possible to throw a better ball than that

I think that was a choice route. Brock and CMC had to be on the same page. Not an easy throw at all.
Originally posted by libertyforever:

I think that was a choice route. Brock and CMC had to be on the same page. Not an easy throw at all.

it was a out and up variation, like a wheel but he paused slightly in the flat before turning up
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

but…but…his supporting cast

Yeah it's true what he said.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Totally disagree. Brock is hitting guys perfectly in stride in the short area all over the place.

I'm specifically talking about VERY short throws. Like, less than 5 yards, or behind the LOS. Jimmy was great there, which isn't to say that Purdy isn't either. Like comparing a 92 vs a 90. I still find that every so often, Purdy's very short throws require an adjustment, and then the screen doesn't as develop as quickly as it should. He's gotten a lot better at it since he took over though.

Everywhere else though, Purdy is significantly better. As much as I appreciated Jimmy, our offense had a ceiling. Under Purdy, we can attack all areas of the field.
  • thl408

It was a double move planned to exploit a LB on CMC. Defenses are so screwed when they play Cover1 Robber and it's either Kittle or CMC that is matched up against a LB. On that play, a safety was on Kittle, so a LB was on CMC. Good luck, LB.
Originally posted by Heroism:

NY about to get triggered by this
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Montana:
Brock>Dak and it's not even close

When dak actually wins against a good team, I'll give him props. Until then, he's just like jimmy. When he's good, he's good. When it isn't going well, hes ass. He was literally dumbfounded and lost when playing us.

i want to spank him again in the playoffs.

He's beaten some good teams. He's much better than Jimmy lmao. Jimmy sucks if u haven't been paying attention.

Dak? He literally hasn't beat a winning team this year. The best win he has was against the Seahawks (6-6) and that was super close. Lol

Hopefully he beats the Eagles this week, haha.

The winning team stat can be a little annoying, because one can only play their schedule.

They said Purdy hasn't lost to a winning team yet as a starter, and then I looked up the teams during losing streak and they all had losing records themselves lol....

Dak has had chances to beat good teams but loses Everytime. He's a drastically different player against good defenses than he is against scrubs. It's like night and day. He also makes a lot of bonehead mistakes.

he's just a slightly more explosive version of jimmy. They have essentially the exact same faults. You don't want the game on their shoulders and you can always bank on bonehead plays. Fail you when it matters most. Then looks good against scrubs. Dak May look better against scrubs than jimmy has but their issues are still the same. That's what I'm saying.

f**k jimmy and dak. Don't care about them. It's just funny that someone would like dak and hate jimmy. Lol only differenxe is that dak doesn't play here. If dak was the qb here, same guys who despise jimmy would despise dak. Lol
[ Edited by tankle104 on Dec 4, 2023 at 10:56 AM ]

Wow. His efficiency has never been matched before. Closest are the Kurt Warner rams in 2000… amazing
Let's take a moment and enjoy this when Purdy first became the starting QB.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt2sNZLp-Vg?si=IaH29yOmiwUn9IKZ

Wow. His efficiency has never been matched before. Closest are the Kurt Warner rams in 2000… amazing

Good stuff

Good stuff

rex ryan said nothing wrong
Originally posted by thl408:

It was a double move planned to exploit a LB on CMC. Defenses are so screwed when they play Cover1 Robber and it's either Kittle or CMC that is matched up against a LB. On that play, a safety was on Kittle, so a LB was on CMC. Good luck, LB.
in before someone says that fake move was an out route and that Purdy/cmc is going off script
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 4, 2023 at 11:01 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone